Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

1 Player that you wish was given a chance at World Cup 2018 (that almost definitely isnt going)
PogbaTekkerz 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 92

There is so much talent in the world nowadays...and in england especially there are a lot of players...most young but not all...that i would love to see at the world cup
For example for England:
Troy Deeney
Nathan Ake
Ruben Loftus-cheek (might be going)
the list goes on....
are there any players that you would like to see play for your country at the world cup?

Comments
legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Add Marcus Alonso to this list.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@legend16 True that, I know not everyone appreciate him but I for one think that he is really not bad at a player. Think he should be given a chance as backup for Alba at least. :(

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Monreal over Alonso is a joke.

As for Nainggolan, it has to be a personal thing surely. Regardless, as many of you probably know through your experience playing sport, it hurts bad when you don't get selected to a team you know you deserve to be in. Seeing Nainggolan retire from internationals in this way is pretty sad.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Well Alonso is most likely not called because of reasons from the past, while Nainggolaan is clearly ignored.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well Alonso is most likely not callede because of reasons from the past, while Nainggolaan is clearly ignored.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Seems like Matinez emphasized that it was purely a tactical reason for Nainggolaan to be left out, but I do agree with what was mentioned before; Witsel and Fellaini sounds like a terrible idea

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lol, the only tactical reason to include witsel and fellaini is 90th minute stoke city football.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

It's really not just a tactical decision though, is it?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's really not just a tactical decision though, is it?

It's really not just a tactical decision though, isn't it?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Sure doesn't sound like one to me. :( Martinez may say whatever he want, it doesn't change the fact we know he don't like Naingolan for personal reason.

Hekasi 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 7 764

Icardi, Shelvy, Alonso, Radja Nainggolan, Sandro

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Well Spain wants pacey wingers, Alba/carvajal will play all games, Nacho ( selected ? ), Juanfran, Monreal got experience and I don’t rate Bellerin high anymore...
For mid Cesc and Herrera had no chance, even Getafe and Eibar unknown mids had a better impact this season.
In England people focus on names and wages, while performance is what coaches are picking...
Only Azpilicueta-De Gea-David Silva have Spanish level to get injected in there.

Zlatan should have played it less arrogant, he could have given an addition to Sweden who doesn’t really need him. But he is also a potential risk to group cohesion and to get atmosphere explosive. Sweden should have given him a chance to thank him for «  Putting Sweden «  in the map like he says haha.

For France, Ribéry : so pissed we cannot bring the most experienced French with us. Lacazette and Benz are also profiles you want to have at least in your bench.

• Icardi because he did enough to claim the spot.

• Luis Gustavo : don’t know if he was picked but what a season he accomplished with Marseille. Their best player and being the captain after one season unseen.
    Best CDM in France and in big games, he played CB role perfectly to erase defensive weaknesses. He should get back to Selecao.

• Naingolan : not sportive reason imo.

• Bouffal : rated him as a talented youngster he was good at Lille and made some beautiful goals at S saints, didn’t get called by Herve Renard the white witch of Africa.

• Ben Yedder : solid season despite lack of playing time, faced harsh competition in French attack.

• Inaki Williams : did he got a call ? He deserves to.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tiki You are right, especially about Luis Gustavo, shame he faced competition from Casemiro and Fernandinho.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

@Croatian Yes, super player, but I just feel that also by playing younger players even if they come off the bench, play with no fear.

I remember Zaha (playing for England at time)got his first call up from playing in the Championship before Palace were promoted did o.k.

Anyway, easy to see why he didn’t. But glad that he’s taking a player like Alexander Arnold = refreshing.

mattman 6 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 0 9

Sort of off thread, but to me it's real shame the likes of Christian Bale won't be at the World Cup.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Monreal over Alonso is a joke.

How so?

mattman 6 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 0 9

Sane's omission from German squad is kind of hard to believe as well.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Alonso tend to be more solid and offer more than Monreal imho. However, I guess Monreal does have that element of chaos and managed to put some goal in this season thanks to that. Still remember his goal vs West Ham, it was pretty good.

mattman 6 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 0 9

Another tough one is Payet's omission from the french squad.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@mattman Yeah, his injury propably didn't help though because even if he back to healt by the time the World Cup start, there will be worry over his fitness.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Christian Bale was good as The Dark Knight. 👍✌️