Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

4 Month Ban for Hakan Çalhanoğlu
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

A four-month ban on playing in competitive matches imposed on Calhanoglu by FIFA has been confirmed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). That means the Turkey international will not play for Bayer 04 before the end of the current season.

The background to the ban is a dispute between Hakan Calhanoglu and the Turkish club Trabzonspor. During his time at Karlsruhe SC in 2011 Calhanoglu, as a minor, reached agreement with Trabzonspor regarding a transfer. However, he extended his contract at Karlsruhe SC and later joined Hamburg SV. The CAS agreed with FIFA that the actions of the player represented a breach of contract with Trabzonspor.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen were not involved in the proceedings as the player signed for the Bayer 04 Leverkusen several years after the incident. "Of course, we regret this decision which is completely incomprehensible for us," said sporting director Rudi Völler. "It's a heavy blow for Hakan but also for us. We’re also being heavily punished although Bayer 04 Leverkusen had nothing to do with the events in 2011. We are now missing a very important player in a crucial phase of the season."

Bayer 04 CEO Michael Schade also criticised the verdict. "In addition to the player, it also affects the club that played absolutely no part in the events of the time. Unfortunately we are left with no alternative but to accept the decision," said Schade.

Source-Bayer04Leverkusen

Well. Bad news for Leverkusen. He was one of the most important players of the team. But at least Hakan now has the free time to come here to Turkey and support President Erdoğan for the referendum elections to end democratic and secular Turkey. For those who doesn't know what I'm talking about, he and Arda released a video saying that they support Erdoğan and dictatorship.

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Hakan Çalhanoğlu will also pay 100.000€ to Trabzonspor.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I wouldn't say he isn't one of their most important players, but they'll miss his abilities to get free kicks.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hakan and Arda Turan?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Dynastian98

Hakan and Arda Turan?

Yes, also Gökhan Töre from West Ham.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

When I read the headline I thought he got the ban for what he did to HSV. F?cking c?nt deserved it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

When I read the headline I thought he got the ban for what he did to HSV. Fucking cunt deserved it.

When I read the headline I thought he got the ban for what he did to HSV. F**cking cnt deserved it.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@amir_keal

I wouldn't say he isn't one of their most important players, but they'll miss his abilities to get free kicks.

I actually think he was the most important player for the team.