Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

A special moment for Ronaldo!
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Very very late time to make this thread, but Brazil legend Ronaldo has taken over Real Valladolid at 51%, meaning he is going to the majority owner. He has spent around 30 million on them, and he is rumoured to be worth around 350 million. I think this is a great move for them, with quite a few reasons. They are the poorest team in La Liga, I think they have spent 1 million euros all summer, which is basically nothing. I think Ronaldo also knows the area well, and he believes Valladolid are a big side in La Liga historically. This does have quite a few disadvantages, but I think that he can be a great businessman if he gets some good advice and knows who to get help from then this could go very well.

And I believe he wants to be president of the Brazil federation. I think this is the perfect time to take over a team like Valladolid. With the state La Liga is in and all the NA game issues, obviously Tebas wants La Liga to outdo the PL in terms of TV rights. Now obviously that won't happen in quite a while, but if teams like Valladolid go to NA, they will get a lot of money from it. And it seems so, because of the hype of them right now.

Thoughts?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Huzzah!
enter image description here

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's insane his share was less than what some average players' transfer fee have been.
Their main challenge will be to survive this season but even if the get relegated it should still be fine for Ronaldo. They will need time to start improving the squad and sponsor deals.
Hopefully he is dedicated to improving the team and doesn't pull a Malaga.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Im not sure if he's suitable for those political bullshits, why would he want to be president anyway. :D

but congratz to him. Always was his big fan.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I wish kroenke would let go of his share to someone else

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

raimondo90

It's insane his share was less than what some average players' transfer fee have been.

I thought that as well, like it's so cheap.

tuan_jinn

I think he will do alright, I hope he does too, he was a great player in his prime.

thebaldgenius

Same it's really needed, sadly Usmanov has gone. That guy had ambition.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I first thought this was a ridiculous move, but after reading more about it, it's probably the best move ever made by both him and the club.

Ronaldo's a smart man indeed. Thanks to his name and status, the club has an almost perfect chance to earn big $$$ from this newly operating La Liga to NA fixture.

And boy, do we love rooting for the underdogs, I'm sure the Americans wouldn't be any different..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I first thought this was a ridiculous move, but after reading more about it, it's probably the best move ever made by both him and the club.

Ronaldo's a smart man indeed. Thanks to his name and status, the club has an almost perfect chance to earn big $$$ from this newly operating La Liga to NA fixture.

And boy, do the Americans love to root for the underdogs..

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This is interesting since Ronaldo has one foot in Brazil, means that some Brazilians will be injected in the team. Anyway Valladolid had nothing to loose they are playing the maintain...

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Also Bordeaux have been bought by an American investment fund. They have a new owner now and a new president will be designed soon. Considering Bordeaux management was a mess for years, the promise of injecting 80 mil and investing on youth center is something i appreciate...