Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

A suggestion
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Why is it that everytime I go on the forum it has a lot of spam threads? I am seeing threads like avengers and this is a fotoball forum. I don't really like it because it is all on the first page and it's easy to miss the football related topics. Cheers.

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Yeah lately we've been invaded by spam bots. They work way faster than we are able to remove posts. Hopefully FootyRoom implement some IP bans or change rules regarding posting and new accounts.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Ok I see, I'm pretty sure when making an account there's ways to prevent bots? But I see what you mean with the ip thing because a regular human most likely is making the account for the bot. Thank you mate.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@amir I reported it to FR, twice, he will take care of it as soon he have time. Right now, he must be occupied with some other stuff.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I say don't let new account make any threads until a couple of weeks after registration. IP thing you guys mentioned would be great as well.

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

Agreed. There needs to be a passworded section or something for FR members and a general forum for all else.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

FR can't do IP ban because of schools, company etc... All computers, workstations share the same public IP.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

FR can't do IP ban because of schools, company etc...

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

EDIT: Ah, you're probably about the spammers, so I took it personally when you said you didn't like the Avengers thread, but I do have one about it, and if you don't like it, ignore it. No one's doing any harm here, and it's a chance to know what else people are interested in other than football. What's the point in having an 'Off-Topic' category in the first place then?

I say don't let new account make any threads until a couple of weeks after registration.

@Eden17, But why? The reason why some people would make an account here in the first place is so that they can be involved with the forums. Delaying their chances of making a thread is just delaying the inevitable, which doesn't make much sense, and it can actually discourage some new members to even be involved in this site anyway, meaning less members.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I say don't let new account make any threads until a couple of weeks after registration.

But why? The reason why some people would make an account here in the first place is so that they can be involved with the forums. Delaying their chances of making a thread is just delaying the inevitable, which doesn't make much sense, and it can actually discourage some new members to even be involved in this site anyway, meaning less members.

You don't like the thread about the Avengers (my one)? What's the whole point in having an 'Off-Topic' category in the first place? If you don't like, then just ignore it. No one's doing any harm here, and it's a chance to know what else people are interested in other than football.

But why? The reason why some people would make an account here in the first place is so that they can be involved with the forums. Delaying their chances of making a thread is just delaying the inevitable, which doesn't make much sense, and it can actually discourage some new members to even be involved in this site anyway, meaning less members.

You don't like the thread about the Avengers (my one)? What's the whole point in having an 'Off-Topic' category in the first place? If you don't like, then just ignore it. No one's doing any harm here, and it's a chance to know what else people are interested in other than football.

@Eden17, But why? The reason why some people would make an account here in the first place is so that they can be involved with the forums. Delaying their chances of making a thread is just delaying the inevitable, which doesn't make much sense, and it can actually discourage some new members to even be involved in this site anyway, meaning less members.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@iHeart

Well they will still be allowed to comment, just not create threads for the first little while. It's not the best solution but it's something.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEARTfootball Man, I remember when I wasn't allowed to make a thread because I had already made 2 comment the first day I got on FR. I was kinda sad but I finally copied the thread I had writed somewhere and finally post it again the day after that. :)

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I was kinda sad but I finally copied the thread I had writed somewhere and finally post it again the day after that. :)

Speaking about copying and pasting. Don't you just fken hate it when you wrote and polished a solid 5 paragraph-length response, only to accidentally refresh your page and it's gone? FR need to do something about that as well!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Yeah, wish FR would have something like hotmail where they keep draft of what your writing. Would be a live saver. :D

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Get on top of the spam stuff guys.

amir_keal 6 years ago

tuan_jinn

FR can't do IP ban because of schools, company etc... All computers, workstations share the same public IP.

I don't get this, I'm assuming you mean because if one user is constantly breaking rules on one computer then all computer of that public place gets banned? Well I don't see the chances of that happening, but now you mention it people can use it on phone and tbh I don't know how that would work exactly.