Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

About the contempt against the French Ligue 1 and "my league is the best" attitude...
FoxMulder 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 4 257

Well, I will never say french ligue 1 is the most beautiful league in the world,
but man why all such contempt and lack of respect from some fans against this ligue 1 ? Why do every week we have all these commentaries that have denigrating as sole purpose ? why if a top player make wonders then you will hear "weak league", whereas same performances against weak teams in other leagues from other top players will be just "wooow amaziiing" ?
Why such a lack of respect for a league that provides every year other leagues with great players and is improving in european competitions ?
Do you think that magic of football is a monopoly for England & Spain ?

And this is not an attitude that we can observe just against ligue 1, more generally
many fans always seems to need to denigrate other leagues to feel better, this is ridiculous. Can't people just appreciate football of each league ? After all, every league got its strengths and weaknesses.

Just look at top goals of this week in Ligue 1, Neymar goal is not even in the top5 goals of Ligue 1 this week ! Yes, there is beautiful football in France, as there is in countries like Portugal, Rusia, Belgium, Turkey..Spain & England have not the monopoly of beautiful football not to mention how some matchs can be crappy int those leagues...

Comments
DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

I cant speak for everyone but the French league is not as tough top to bottom with regards to quality of teams. Yes you have some great games, but week in and week out it's usually a two or three horse race for the title.

Same can be said for Spain but I do feel Spain has more quality overall compared to France. This is leagues by the way. Right now France has a sick National Team and will be very dangerous in the next World Cup.

I will also say that the French league has improved a lot over the years.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

FoxMulder

Best if you just ignore it tbh. You'll always see some arrogant La Liga/EPL fans that don't care about other leagues.

I think the top 5 thing was made before the Neymar goal. That probably won't be against ligue 1 itself.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I can't claim I have watched enough League 1.

So this is my opinion on all the things I have seen across the leagues including highlights.

I do think League1 in general is 1 level below other top leagues, but getting very close. (and above the like of Edivisie (Dutch) and Belgium.

Top teams (2 or 3) of League1 however is very strong and powerful, but the rest are pretty weak. Again, there is no right or wrong, This is just me and my friends think. They make far too many amateur mistakes, passes and organizing tactics are not always as good. I have the same feeling while watching EPL's bottom teams (but feel like they are less clumsy).

The competition is simply not there. Similar to La Liga and Bundesliga except Real, Barca and Bayern is just far to superior.

If we must talk about Neymar's goal: here is my 2 cent: The defender is far tooooooo crap! Simply unacceptable.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Dont pay too much attention for that.
IMO the UEFA coefficient describe perfectly the actual league rankings, that being said it depends on the teams you follow and your preferences.
Ligue 1 is a very compact league if you take PSG out of consideration, fact is thanks to PSG, MONACO appeared, Lyon is getting some stability, Marseille with the " champions project ", Nice playing it smart, Guingamp the EIBAR of FRANCE... well some pleasant teams right there atm but we cant compare the league right now to the biggest actually. the Gap is not that far tho.

You will hear these claims many times, each time PSG will get a huge game bagging goals. Because people thats the way it is here. when PSG loose to Guingamp its because they flopped, if they win the same game with a margin its because the league is weak. im used to highlight comments.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Besides psg, and some degree lyon and marseille, monacao , most of the french clubs sell their young talents, hazard, dembele, aubemayang, martial, for eg,

there is an obvious draw to play in other leagues, at the same time, psg is really the only team "big " enough to sign world class talent for much more than a loan spell

without the big names there is not as many viewers, not at all meaning it inst a competitive league.

I don't think you need to tell anyone that French football is magical as well but it definitely gets less attention than the other leagues. I think Monaco 's recent success is the best thing to happen to french football in a long time.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Not a bad league at all, underated a bit. Thing is that other than Monaco and PSG, other team doesn't have enough quality or depth to win 30 game a season. The reason why it isn't as well respected that some other league is the lack of superstar and of its coverage. It also has less impressive history in term of european success. Finally, lack of budget from most team mean its harder to attract big player. Otherwise, its not that different from the Bundesliga or the Serie A.

Croatian 7 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

1) Probably not most beautiful/entertaining football but surely more balanced mid-table/bottom half teams than EPL or La Liga, they don't have WBA's or Burnley's.

2) Monaco knocking out City and sudden rise of PSG with Neymar, Nice, Lille, Saint-Ettiene, Bordeaux, Marseille etc make the league even better. And ignore EPL fans who don't watch the league.

3) Ligue 1 is absolute top of world on talent rising with Bundesliga on top too. With teams getting weaker they need to focus more on young players and they don't have much money so they use homegrown talent in first squad.

4) Everyone who is a fan of one club probably loves the league the most, for example me as Bayern fan watched every match of Bundesliga almost every week. Fans, atmosphere, beautiful goals week-in week-out, quality players discovered in every club... except like everyone says, league is one-sided, but everything from 3-14 spot is insanely competitive. Ligue 1 has great talents, more clubs in rise, great goals and dribblers, showboat players, players that make you watch games. PL has entertainment written all over it, suprises, 7 quality teams, even the battle for bottom can be exciting. La Liga has most technical football, wingers on peak, two best teams in world, a lot of talents aswell. Serie A has most tactical clubs, Juventus with challenge from Napoli, Milan, Roma, Inter etc.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

1) Probably not most beautiful/entertaining football but surely more balanced mid-table/bottom half teams in EPL or La Liga, they don't have WBA's or Burnley's.

2) Monaco knocking out City and sudden rise of PSG with Neymar, Nice, Lille, Saint-Ettiene, Bordeaux, Marseille etc make the league even better. And ignore EPL fans who don't watch the league.

3) Ligue 1 is absolute top of world on talent rising with Bundesliga on top too. With teams getting weaker they need to focus more on young players and they don't have much money so they use homegrown talent in first squad.

4) Everyone who is a fan of one club probably loves the league the most, for example me as Bayern fan watched every match of Bundesliga almost every week. Fans, atmosphere, beautiful goals week-in week-out, quality players discovered in every club... except like everyone says, league is one-sided, but everything from 3-14 spot is insanely competitive. Ligue 1 has great talents, more clubs in rise, great goals and dribblers, showboat players, players that make you watch games. PL has entertainment written all over it, suprises, 7 quality teams, even the battle for bottom can be exciting. La Liga has most technical football, wingers on peak, two best teams in world, a lot of talents aswell. Serie A has most tactical clubs, Juventus with challenge from Napoli, Milan, Roma, Inter etc.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think that France as a country has the highest amount of young world class talents, when looking at European football, huge potential probably better than Germany just look at their national team.
The Ligue 1 is really nice, perfect climate for football is in Monaco and Montpellier and then you also got that billionaire guy that married Salma Hayek, I think he is the president of Rennes.