Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Aguero leaving Manchester city?
JM_12_ 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 4 7

Just wondered what you guys think about the talk about Aguero leaving man city just because G. Jesus has scored on both his starts against west ham and Swansea. Would it be a good move to let him go in the summer and buy a replacement or let him stay and fight for his place? Who could/would man city buy? I think he should stay because he has too much to offer to be shown the door because of a kid having a great start to his career in English football. Let me know what you think?

http://playingfor90.com/2017/02/07/sergio-aguero-leave-manchester-city-lets-hope-not/

"When asked about his situation after the game, Kun had the following to say:
“No, no, I don’t want to leave. I have to help the team as much as I can in these three months. Afterwards we’ll see what the club wants to do with me.”
“In these three months” but what about after that? A somewhat blunt response to a fairly routine question that he literally had no impetus to answer in such a fashion. You can see why the media might be running with it, particularly with the arrival of Jesus, even if the latter shouldn’t by any stretch of the imagination dethrone the former."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just wondered what you guys think about the talk about Aguero leaving man city just because G. Jesus has scored on both his starts against west ham and Swansea. Would it be a good move to let him go in the summer and buy a replacement or let him stay and fight for his place? Who could/would man city buy? I think he should stay because he has too much to offer to be shown the door because of a kid having a great start to his career in English football. Let me know what you think?

http://playingfor90.com/2017/02/07/sergio-aguero-leave-manchester-city-lets-hope-not/

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

It would take more than two good games by a 19-year old to make me move on one of the better strikers in Europe.

• History

It would take more than two good games by a 19-year old to make me move one of the better strikers in Europe.

NovaRuk 7 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Nah he won't leave. Pep still have plans for him. Anyway, Pep said he can play them both in the starting lineup so it's not much of a deal.

JM_12_ 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 4 7

Yeah, agreed, it would be a bad move by the board to get rid of him.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i'd like him to leave, to Juve, but there's no space for him. I'm sure he can knock benzema off as striker though. But he's too important for City, there'll come a time where Jesus, because of his age, will have a downspell. I'd like to see them start a game together.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@JM Propably won't leave next transfer window, after all, at 28, he can still produce for quite a few year, wouldn't be suprise to see him still at City for around 2 at 3 year. Only thing that might happen is if he think he should move. If he is ready to share a bit of his place with Jesus, I think it will be fine. By the way JM_12, nice to have you on the forum. ;D

• History

@JM Propably won't leave next transfer window, after all, at 28, he can still produce for quite a few year, wouldn't be suprise to see him still at City for around 2 at 3 year. Only thing that might happen is if he think he should move. If he is ready to share a bit of his place with Jesus, I think it will be fine. By the JM_12, nice to have you on the forum. ;D

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think it would be ridiculous for City to offload him in favor of a 19-year old who hasn't done anything to be recognized as a top talent yet.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, he did help Palmeiras win the league with 9 point of advance, was named man of the match 6 of the 27 (started 26 of them) game he played. Scored 12 goal and assisting 5. Meaning he is directly responsible for 17 of Palmeiras 62 this season. A bit less than 1/3 of their goal in other word. Not saying he is good enough to replace Aguero yet, but he has shown he was a top prospect at the very least in my opinion.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I meant top, established talent. You can do all the nice fancy dancy skills in the Brazilian leagues. You aren't a proven talent to the majority of the world until you showcase that talent in one of Europe's top 5 leagues. Just how Neymar was not considered an established talent until he proved that he can replicate his Brazil form in La Liga.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

he's also been insanely good for brazil selecao during qualifiers. i think it's ridiculous to say that a player has to prove himself in the top 5 european leagues to be considered an established talent. you can stay out of europe and be one of the greatest players of all time.

Anfieldismyhome 7 years ago
Liverpool, Kenya 0 7

kun Aguero is a sesonal performer it would be a stupid decision for man city to get rid of him.
Jesus is a top quality young striker but three games is not enough to call for speculation...Aguero single handedly won the epl for city back in 2012 and he deserve more respect

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Gonzi

Not in these days. How much recognition and credit do you think a player like Riquelme gets? Imagine if Riquelme spent his entire career achieving success in Spain or England. Players like Landon Donovan are terrific in the MLS but get exposed during extended time spent in the major European leagues. You can't consider yourself the best if you can't beat the best. In our times, the best happen to be in England, Spain, France, Italy, and Germany.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Don't see Aguero moving anywhere anytime soon.

@Gonzi Imagine a football without UEFA. Can you? That's why these days, the players should play for the best ones in Europe to be considered one of the best in my opinion.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Anfieldismyhome I mostly agree with you but I would like to remind everyone here that Dzeko and Ballotelli also helped. :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Sure man, didn't argue he was a top talent yet, just that he was a top quality prospect. ;) Might only have played 3 game for now but its looking good. He also played very well on international level. But yeah, as I said, just show he have great potential, doesn't mean he will be a top talent. ;)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

riquelme is a god here in argentine for Boca. @emrecan i can imagine it. i watch libertadores, and i can say that it is the same level of football and more exciting than the CL. the CL is honestly a bit boring

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

i watch libertadores, and i can say that it is the same level of football and more exciting than the CL. the CL is honestly a bit boring

An interesting opinion. Can't comment on it since I only watch 3-4 games from Libertadores Cup every year.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi @Emre South Americain football is underated, its not as hard as the top five european competition in my opinion but its not as easy as they make it out to be. The main reason why its not considered as good than in Europe is because they don't have the money or the attractiveness of European team. Still, a player who do well there should be doing well in Europe in my opinion, as long as he doesn't have any adaptation problem or any issue like trying too hard to justify his move. Of course, if they are not given playing time and if they lack confidence, it would make sense that they could flop.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

yea perfect example is calleri flopping at west ham. You're right it's all about money. But I do agree that in this day and age, to be legendary you have to play in europe but you don't have to play in europe to be an "established talent".

JM_12_ 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 4 7

@Emobot7 glad to be here, agree with you entirely on how south American football is underrated, if your good enough theres no reason to why you should 'flop' when moving to Europe, it may be more physical over here but its no excuse in my opinion. Game time is key though, your right, if they don't play enough then their confidence will be low and could cause a downward spell, that's why for me being a Chelsea fan is so frustrating because we have all these exciting young players come through and we just sell them on without giving them a chance in the first team. When they get their chance they don't perform as well because they've been on the sidelines for like two years or on loan.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@JM12 Well, sadly, like Dynast said, Chelsea have a policy of wanting to win and be the best. Thats why nearly every game is important for them and they end up rarely playing their youth talent because they feel like its not worth taking the risk of losing a game or drawing one. Its good for the immediate success of the club but it doesn't help with the youth developement. But I agree, its too bad Chelsea end up losing these prospect in the long run.

• History

@JM12 Well, sadly, like Dynast said, they have a policy of wanting to win and be the best. Thats why nearly every game is important for them and they end up rarely playing their youth talent because they feel like its not worth taking the risk of losing a game or drawing one. Its good for the immediate success of the club but it doesn't help with the youth developement. But I agree, its too bad Chelsea end up losing these prospect in the long run.