Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexandre Lacazette to join Arsenal... at last?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

So... you propably heard about this but it would seem Arsenal are close on signing Lacazette. At least, that what Skysport is saying. For me, considering how many time Arsenal were linked with him, it hard to believe that this time will be different and that he will actually join them. But what are your thought on the matter? I'm especially curious to know Arsenal fan opinion on the whole matter.

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

This isn't fifa, where you switch player x for player y.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hoping that Sanchez stays for the sake of the EPL and at the same time hoping he leaves for the sake of Sanchez career

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Just can't wait to see Mesut, Sanchez (if they stay) and Lacazette roll together.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Tell that to the guys who started the rumours not me. :P

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Anyway, Lacazette having his medical right now. Still can't believe its happening after all this time. :O

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I guess it's done?

enter image description here

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Amir Lol Aguero? That guy can't sneeze without breaking something.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Anyone knows what number is he going to wear?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Golazo Wouldn't bet on it but he could propably take number 10. He would propably deserve it more than Wilshere seeing how the latter wasn't even a key player for Bournermouth last season. That was also Lacazette number at Lyon so I guess it would make sense.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Wouldn't bet on it but he could propably take number 10. He would propably deserve it more than Wilshere seeing how the latter wasn't even a key player for Bournermouth last season. That was also Lacazette number at Lyon.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emobot7 Thanks.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Lacazette is going to be lit in Arsenal:

Lacazette is the player with the most scored goals in Ligue 1 in the last 4 seasons - 91 goals in total!
Behind him is Cavani with 88 and Ibrahimovic with 83.

Lacazette has the best goal per chance ratio compared to the whole Arsenal current squad, with 33% he is the perfect attacker that needs 3 or less shots to score a goal which according to Sir Alex Ferguson is what a striker should be.

Only 6 players scored more goals in whole Europe than Lacazette last season.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Well, he will need to adapt to the PL first but seeing how most french player perform in England, he should do quite well in time. :)

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think Ozil will take 10, so maybe 9 or 11 for Laca.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Could make sense, 9 would make more sense than 11 however, so if he is given one of those two number, I would propably say the first one. :)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emobot7

I get it, but what I was trying to say was that he won't score the same amount. It's a much harder league.

Golazo111

At least it's not injuries that are the problem, that's clear now.

No injuries is ONE of the problem. It's clear that injuries are one of the problems. I never said it wasn't.

quikzyyy

First, You're forgetting City has absolutely no reason to sell Aguero, specially not to Arsenal..

He has a reason to leave. He's already becoming a bench player, and if Sanchez is to join them then his playing chances would probably reduce even more, considering that Sanchez can play as ST. If Arsenal were smart they would do try to get a world class player to replace another world class player.

Second, Lacazette's appearances are limited due to manager, who prefers 2 striker and is stuck in 90' where he needed one striker like Giroud who pairs perfectly with Griezman..

No, they are limited because he is not good enough to make it to the team. This is not Benzema where the manager doesn't want to ever play him.

Third, we would never get Mbappe.

I know, I was just using him as a comparison.

Madridista11

That guy can't sneeze without breaking something.

Lacazettte is really similar though.

Seriously people, I'm happy we are getting a ST, but I don't believe he's worthy of replacing Alexis. Alexis is something else man. This season he should be in world XI, he's been that good.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No injuries is ONE of the problem. It's clear that injuries are one of the problems. I never said it wasn't.

@amir_keal Injuries are not a problem, he looks healthy to me, if you want to say that injuries are a problem then all players have the same problem, the player in question is still not in his prime yet either so he's not too young nor too old, he will spend his best playing years in Arsenal.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

A bit off topic, but if Arsenal gets Lemar will they play 442 with Sanchez and Laca as ST's? Or will they play 4231 with Lemar on the RM? Because it seems Wenger isn't forcing 3atb.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golazo111

if you want to say that injuries are a problem then all players have the same problem

Nah, because players like Diaby and Wilshere are paid to sit in the hospital, whereas Giroud and Koscielny are never injured.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@amir

He has a reason to leave. He's already becoming a bench player. However if they pay something like 80-90M(as some reports) I'd definitely take that and spend the money on Lemar/Mahrez/Seri/Keita.

He is certainly not, the only one who can replace him at striker is Gabriel Jesus.

No, they are limited because he is not good enough to make it to the team. This is not Benzema where the manager doesn't want to ever play him.

He is, look at the way he & France plays. Laca & Griezmann wouldn't work that well together, you need a target man for your pacy fast quick striker.

@Croatian doubt that, we don't have a midfielders for that, I can see Arsene coming with 4231 if we land Lemar, which I think we won't. We still need a complete midfielder badly.