Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexis to Sevilla?
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Just read an article about that and wondered what you guys thought about it. I know its a bit soon to think of it. But clearly, Sanchez seem like he is going to leave and having Sampaoli over there could be enough to convince him to go. He also know spain well, thanks to his time at Barcelona and the fact Sevilla is doing so well right now could help him chose to move there. The only question that remain, could the team pay his wage?

Anyway, I know this might just be an unfounded rumour but to anyone interested, why not share your opinion on the topic? ;)

Comments
JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

At least Arsenal wins the FA cup.
Why go back to Spain to fight a 2horse monopoly and be happy with Europa league trophies?

Personally beeing a player of such caliber I would not look for Sevilla. Even if they have a great squad they are gonna get raided by transfers and sink back to mediocrity like every Spanish team does besides RM/Barca and maybe Atletico? I would only leave for Juventus if I was him.

No traitor chants from Arsenal fans, no 2horse league just return back to Italy and focus on winning them the CL. With Barcelona almost out Juventus gets a bigger chance and they have an easy last 16 and Serie A titles on the pocket for a great trophy room when he retires? I guess.

I know most gonna say Serie A is a 1 horse race well at least he is in the horse race this time.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Taking into account Alexis' professional history, his current level, and Arsenal's unwillingness to sell to direct rivals the only clubs I see him going to are Atletico, Juventus and PSG (potentially Bayern).

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

While I can see Sanchez leaving, it would only be to a top club. He was a starter at Barca and is one of the best players in the EPL. People like that don't end up at Sevilla.

liomessi10 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

if he leaves after such a great season, it would def be for a bigger club. maybe psg or even bayern? and sevilla are not particulalrly having their best season ever.

edit: they have played good but achieved more last few seasons. and it's only luck that they got drawn against leciester in champions league

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

if he leaves after such a great season, it would def be for a bigger club. maybe psg or even bayern? and sevilla are not particulalrly having their best season ever.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hurts to say, but he won't got to Sevilla for exactly the reasons @JozeMourinho just said. Chances of winning a title are too small, especially if Sampaoli leaves. Atletico would be an amazing fit for him, and Juventus would not be a bad idea either. He's a world-class player in need of a world-class team.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Ok, everyone seem to forget about Sampoali though, not saying its a reason enough for any top Chilean to join the team but thats already something. Also, general results of Sevilla shouldn't be taken into account, they are higher in the table than Atletico so right now, they should be considered above them. Also, they are very close to both Barca and Real Madrid, if they had only one or two more top player with the same quality as Sanchez, who know where they could end up next season if they kept that form. By the way, suprised to see nobody seem to think he might leave to China, after all, it musn't be the offer or money that are lacking and seeing how he might have no attach left in europe soon, he might just chose to go there.

• History

Ok, everyone seem to forget about Sampoali though, not saying its a reason enough for any top Chilean to join the team but thats already something. Also, general results of Sevilla shouldn't be taken into account, they are higher in the table than Atletico so right now, they should be considered above them. Also, they are very close to both Barca and Real Madrid, if they had only one or two more top player with the same quality as Sanchez, who know where they could end next season. By the way, suprise to see nobody seem to think he might leave to China, after all, its the offer or money that must be lacking and seeing how he might have no attach left in europe soon, he might just chose to go there.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

ummm.....@JozeMourinho.......imo sevilla is a way bigger upgrade from arsenal. i think with nasri, alexis and jovetic, that would be a great line up. Since when are FA Cups more important than europa league.......WHAT are you on mate. The whole damn point of the fa cup is to qualify for the europa league. You're talking about a team, sevilla, who are in a much better place than arsenal. They are in a great position in la liga and are farther than arsenal in CL. Sevilla literally played amazing against juventus - tied i think - and no offense to arsenal fans but sevilla and juve are on a whole other level. also i dont want alexis at juventus, i don't like him and we don't need him.

• History

ummm.....@JozeMourinho.......imo sevilla is a way bigger upgrade from arsenal. i think with nasri, alexis and jovetic, that would be a great line up. Since when are FA Cups more important than europa league.......WHAT are you on mate. The whole damn point of the fa cup is to qualify for the europa league. You're talking about a team, sevilla, who are in a much better place than arsenal. They are in a great position in la liga and are farther than arsenal in CL. Sevilla literally played amazing against juventus - tied i think - and no offense to arsenal fans but sevilla and juve are on a whole other level. also i dont want alexis at juventus, i don't like him and we don't need him.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Speaking from a realistic point of view, Sánchez won't sign, and nor will Özil. I don't see him going to Sevilla though. China is more likely in my opinion. The most likely destination in Europe is probably Juventus, and even then they'd strictly have to play 4 2 3 1. If they go 3 at the back I feel they would play Sandro ahead simply due to the italian nature.

Also, who on earth is Sanchez? It's Sánchez. It's an error too many people make. Just saying lol :)

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Gonzi Who told you I rate FA cup higher than Europa league? English teams seems to value it more.

Sevilla is bigger than Arsenal? In what terms? Which top 5 team aims to win Europa lea.. WHAT THE HELL no top 5 team plays in the Europa league actually.

See what I mean? Europa league is a poor mans UCL. The best teams play in UCL and get KO at UCL. Surely its a 100% success to win Europa league but compare the trophies really.

Now you will say that I expect Arsenal to win UCL? No. Sevilla? HELL NO. At least Arsenal gets to play there.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Gonzi Agreed, Europa league is better than FA Cups in my opinion. Second best trophy you can get in a knock out competition in europe in my opinion. But I guess this could be a question of preference.

@amir_keal Well, calling him Alexis Sanchez is faster in my opinion and is still pretty clear as to who you are referring to. Same with Ozil, I don't really feel the need to put his name with a Ö, just a bit complicated for nothing as its clear who I'm talking about. Imagine if you writed the name of certain footballer from Denmark or Iceland in normal matter without the specific character it require and got called out on not saying it right each time you did. It wouldn't be easy. XD

@Joze To be fair, Sevilla also play in the UCL and last time I checked, they were not 5-1 down in their first leg. :P Not arguing that Sevilla is better than Arsenal but I don't think its as much a downgrade as you make it sound, mate. ;)

• History

@Gonzi Agreed, Europa league is better than FA Cups in my opinion. Second best trophy you can get in a knock out competition in europe in my opinion. But I guess this could be a question of preference.

@amir_keal Well, calling him Alexis Sanchez is faster in my opinion and is still pretty clear as to who you are referring to. Same with Ozil, I don't really feel the need to put his name with a Ö, just a bit complicated for nothing as its clear who I'm talking about. Imagine if you writed the name of certain footballer from Denmark or Iceland in normal matter without the specific character it require and got called out on not saying it right each time you did. It wouldn't be easy. XD

@Joze To be fair, Sevilla also play in the UCL, last time I checked, they were not 5-1 down in their first leg. :P

@Joze To be fair, Sevilla also play in the UCL and last time I checked, they were not 5-1 down in their first leg. :P

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

I think you are belittling the europa league. The win qualifies you for CL. It is a major european trophy, trophies which arsenal lack. Sevilla are in a much better place than arsenal in the CL, they are playing better football. Obviously CL is better, but europa trophy >>> no european trophy.

to be fair,

At least Arsenal wins the FA cup.
Why go back to Spain to fight a 2horse monopoly and be happy with Europa league trophies?

this sounds like arsenal winning the fa cup is better than sevilla winning europa league, in your eyes

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Joze, sevilla has played in the last 2 champions league if i recall correctly. Beside, playing champions league means nothing when you never progress. At this moment I believe Sevilla are slightly better than Arsenal and they have no world class players. Sanchez would indeed improve them and perhaps even be able to challenge for more.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

You all think I am downgrading Sevilla or Europa...I am just saying that Juventus or any other top team is a BETTER destination than Sevilla. Jeez not even tiki would re-act like that to a la liga team team vs bpl team argument.

@Emobot7 Please tell me the chances for Sevilla vs Bayern and we can discuss about the 5-1 or even a small home win vs Bayern.

• History

You all think I am downgrading Sevilla or Europa...I am just saying that Juventus or any other top team is a BETTER destination than Sevilla. Jeez not even tiki would re-act like that to a la liga team team vs bpl team argument.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

i'm just saying that sevilla should be considered a top team with the likes of juve, real, barca, chelsea?, bayern, psg. we'll have to see sevilla v bayern in this present time to judge sevilla

• History

i'm just saying that sevilla should be considered a top team with the likes of juve, real, barca, chelsea?, bayern, psg.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Sevilla is an amazing team I take nothing out of their success but I won't consider them with the likes of Juve, Chelsea, Bayern or PSG untill they prove me that.

Maybe this year we will see it but don't forget that by this the time this happens Sevilla would already settle with 3rd/5th on the table and focus UCL. Maybe not and they will suprise everyone but untill I see that, I will comment according to what I saw so far :P.

Btw they have a great season so far.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

imo sevilla is a way bigger upgrade from arsenal

enter image description here

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emobot7

Well, calling him Alexis Sanchez is faster in my opinion and is still pretty clear as to who you are referring to. Same with Ozil, I don't really feel the need to put his name with a Ö, just a bit complicated for nothing as its clear who I'm talking about. Imagine if you writed the name of certain footballer from Denmark or Iceland in normal matter without the specific character it require and got called out on not saying it right each time you did. It wouldn't be easy. XD

You have your points. It's said differently, but I can still understand what you say.

Gonzi

imo sevilla is a way bigger upgrade from arsenal

This season, maybe. I don't really think Sevilla are a more successful club than Arsenal, or better. Plus, Sevilla aren't consistent results wise, something similar to Arsenal. I don't even think they are an upgrade, let alone way bigger. Then again, I'm an Arsenal fan who could be biased, but when you JozeMourinho agreeing with me even though he is a Chelsea fan, I don't think I am necessarily being baised.

Personally, I don't really see Alexis playing for Sevilla when he could arguably fit in any team, maybe not Barcelona's front three, but the others? Yes. Trust me, he is very underrated, and I don't know where we would be without players like him. He is simply amazing, and a gift to any team.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He will go to Sevilla only if he accepts to lower his wages, Sevilla do not overpay and has the ability to find the next Alexis if the actual one refuses to lower wages.
We have the sportive upgrade and the financial upgrade, moving to Sevilla is a sportive upgrade. Only 3 teams can arguably be better than Sevilla in England, Manchester clubs and Chelsea. United is arguably better only because you have a future plan to buy WC players atm Sevilla is a better team on the pitch.
From the same vision reastically due to his wages, those 3 English teams are the only possible destination for wages and sportive combined...

Now a simple question, could Arsenal do better than Sevilla in la liga if they were playing there ? Even top 4 spot won't be granted.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The likes of Bayern, Chelsea.... something is funny in this sentence 😂

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

This season, maybe. I don't really think Sevilla are a more successful club than Arsenal...

Major trophies in past ten seasons:

Arsenal: 2
Sevilla: 7

If you're going to make factual statements, at least back it up with facts. Only difference between Sevilla and Arsenal in the past few seasons have been that Sevilla have not gotten nearly the media coverage that Arsenal receives for being a London club.

On the opinionated topic, Sevilla are slightly better than Arsenal atm but have had a very volatile past in La Liga. Going from Arsenal to Sevilla doesn't pose much gain for Alexis. Juve or Atletico are much better options. @Joze is right.

• History

This season, maybe. I don't really think Sevilla are a more successful club than Arsenal, or better.

This season, maybe. I don't really think Sevilla are a more successful club than Arsenal, or better.

If you're going to make factual statements, at least back it up with facts.

On the opinionated topic, Sevilla are slightly better than Arsenal atm but have had a very volatile past in La Liga. Going from Arsenal to Sevilla doesn't pose much gain for Alexis. Juve or Atletico are much better options. @Joze is right.

This season, maybe. I don't really think Sevilla are a more successful club than Arsenal...

If you're going to make factual statements, at least back it up with facts. Apparently presenting statements based on incorrect facts have become a bit of a social phenomenon with Donald Trump's rise to power. Only difference between Sevilla and Arsenal in the past few seasons have been that Sevilla have not gotten nearly the media coverage that Arsenal receives for being a London club.

Discussion Closed