Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

André Gomes - quality, he isn't Barca material is he?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He isn't. I don't hate this guy, quite a nice fella, but he is so irrelevant.

Yesterday I was watching Barca vs Chelsea games with a bunch of guys (watch for the first time together), and one of two were Barca's fan, some are Messi's fans, most were Chelsea's fans. But we all have the same reaction when Iniesta was subbed off by Gomes.

Everyone was laughing and said that Barca's game is so done. Some were mad because Barca needed a quality sub, while Chelsea was doing better.

Now, this happens in Asia, and it happens in Europe too, at least among my friends. And I agree, he was excellent at Benfica, decent at Valencia, totally irrelevant at Barca.

He's slow, clumsy and does not read the game well, does not belong to Barca's quality.

He works hard, nice fella, but he might be more suitable elsewhere, why Barca keeps signing him?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He only played around 3 minutes why so much hate...wtf

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He'll go pretty soon, since Coutinho was bought it was clear both Turan and Gomes would leave, Turan has already gone but in the summer I believe he wlll be next.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Golazo: it's not this particular game, though. Gomes has proven from time to time, on lots of games he played...

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yep, he lost his Football, that has something to do with mental. We need to find a buying team to get rid of him in July.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I thought he is the next deco when I saw the transfer at first.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Barca signed him in a panic buy because Real were interested. Stupid move but it happen all the time. Take United, they signed Sanchez and Lukaku propably because they were target for their rival and check how they been doing recently. They are not as bad as Gomes but they certainly are a bit meh from time to time.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

He's been horrible since last season. I think Barcelona tried to sell him during the summer but no team would bite. He's not a bad player, but some transfers just don't work out for some reason. It's like Illaramendi when he was at Madrid. Not a bad player, but for some reason he just never performed well or at the level that a team like that expects from its players.

He's still young so he can revitalize his career in the future. Maybe Valencia can take him back?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Some players need more time to adapt and learn their role for the starting lineup.
Just saying that Barcelona maybe doesn't need to sell him so fast, he can even change his role and maybe play more deep like Busquets in the future or something like that because he is talented and tall and skilled with the ball.
It's that kind of a club that can teach him where and how he should play because he has a good technique already maybe next season he explodes, but maybe his style of play and body type just doesn't fit...time will tell.