Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Andre Iniesta (Don Andrés) to leave Barcelona
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

He will announce his departure officially after the Copa Del Rey final, and to China.

Reasonable choices I reckon: big culture, new experience, 49mil. euro a year incomes, spreads his wine brand "Bogeta Iniesta", a new football academy for kids... Except he is only 35 and still can play at the top tier for another 2 years :(.

One of the player I admire the most, I dont think anyone can hate him. Brilliant technique, honest, and hard working... never dive, nor provoking fight. Similar to Pyol and Xavi. World's fans would miss him sorely :(.

enter image description here

what do you think, is he leaving too early?

Comments
Quidditch 6 years ago Edited
0 3

A great player, that will be remembered for most as one of the ugliest in football as well (this is no offence or troll but simply the truth as most know). I have thrown up a couple of times when watching him play while eating but for sure a very good footballer.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A great player, that will be remembered for most as one of the ugliest in football as well (this is no offence or troll but simply the truth as most know). I have thrown up a couple of times when watching him play while eating because he looks like a running version of cancer but for sure a very good footballer.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Seems like the right time to leave, much like Xavi did. He should have gone to MLS instead.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quidditch Iniesta isn't that bad looking in my opinion. :( Sorry to hear thats how you feel though.

@rai I agree, he is a fantastic player however, it might be time for him to leave Barca while he still at a good level. Wish he would have come to MLS but if he can really open a good football academy by going to China then I think its a great move and the right way for him to end his career.

Thanks for making this thread tuan by the way.

• History

@quidditch Iniesta isn't that bad looking in my opinion. :( Sorry to hear thats how you feel though.

@rai I agree, he is a fantastic player however, it might be time for him to leave Barca while he still at a good level. Wish he would have come to MLS but if he can really open a good football academy by going to China then I think its a great move and way for him to end his career.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

one by one, iniesta after xavi and pep. the end of an era. RIP tiki-taka foundation, the most entertaining years 2009-2014, hopefully someone from the academy can step up to takeover the legacy, which I don't see currently.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@quidditch: LOLLLz, strange observation but funny. Comon, he ain't that bad, looks like a sweet guy. If Costa is average then Iniesta is like David Beckham... you know what I mean. Welcome to FR btw.

@rai & @Emo: I still think it's too soon. When he's subbed in for Barca games, he is still miles ahead of lots of mids in top teams outthere. He doesn't need to play full 90 mins, 45 mins would be perfect. :(

I will miss him

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@bald: Absolutely true. That is something I will miss, something different from ALLLLLLLL the "efficient football", kick and run, solid defend, ultra defend that we have SOO MANY these days :(. We need this diversity :(

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Good time to leave, bad choice of destination. Personally, I would have just retired. No need to waste his time in China or US... his legacy is firm and intact. People will only ever remember him with Barcelona and Spain, no one will care about what he does in China or the MLS. But if he really wants that money he can go for it. I just find it strange because it's not like Barca doesn't have bucketloads of money either, and I never saw Iniesta as a money-chaser.

EDIT:: Apparently his wine business has a lot to do with it.

• History

Good time to leave, bad choice of destination. Personally, I would have just retired. No need to waste his time in China or US... his legacy is firm and intact. People will only ever remember him with Barcelona and Spain, no one will care about what he does in China or the MLS. But if he really wants that money he can go for it. I just find it strange because it's not like Barca doesn't have bucketloads of money either, and I never saw Iniesta as a money-chaser.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Better one year to early than one year too late.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Its not about money, Andres refused Coutinho signing because as a passionate he wants maximum playing time, he knows Griezmann is Comming so he prefers to leave rather than being benched. Its complicated for a player with such a status to be benched whole season and next year it will happen if he stays.
It’s sad that he couldn’t win a 5th personal CL, well hope he does the double and quit Barca on a high.
He signed a life contract with the club, he will come back home to help the club outside of the pitch.
Get applause in everY Spanish pitch, Barca Legend and one of my favorite players to watch...

• History

Its not about money, Andres refused Coutinho signing because as a passionate he wants maximum playing time, he knows Griezmann is Comming so he prefers to leave rather than being benched. It’s sad that he couldn’t win a 5th personal CL, well hope he does the double and quit Barca on a high.
He signed a life contract with the club, he will come back home to help the club outside of the pitch.
Barca Legend and one of my favorite players to watch...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynast Yep, thats played a real big part it seem.

@tiki The question is now, who of him and Xavi will become the next long term Barca manager. :S

@Sun You know what they say, you either leave an hero or stick around long enough to become the villain. ;)

• History

@Dynast Yep, thats played a real big part it seem.

@tiki The question is now, who of him and Xavi will become the next long term Barca manager. :S

United_Hates_Blues 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Nonono China Fergie sign him up!!

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@baldgenius Beautifull. :)

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Sad day for Blaugranas... 😔

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

49 million did you say? Yea he could give less fkcs about anyone’s opinion on leaving to China and I don’t blame him when someone is willing to cash on him such an amount.

• History

49 million did you say? Yea he could give less fkcs about anyone’s opinion about leaving to China and I don’t blame him when someone is willing to cash on me such an amount.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

No one is blaming him, his last contract I’d rather see him in Asia earning money rather than an Européen rival.