Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Another deluded Arsenal excuse
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Okay, we got humiliated again as I predicted before the match, Bayern deserved to go through but. As much as I want Wenger to go out, and before you all kill me how much I'm making excuses for today's loss here's the main thing which has caused it.

1. Lewandowski is offside -> https://my.mixtape.moe/oztndg.mp4
    enter image description here

2. Lewandowski pushes himself, gets penalty
  3. (third) ref behind the net, who should have easily called a penalty on Walcott first half decides it's a red card for Koscielny

I know I'm just a fan who is supporting a club which don't care about anything else but profit, but it would never end 10:2 without this bs. But hey, I'm just a deluded Arsenal fan.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Okay, we got humiliated again as I predicted before the match, Bayern deserved to go through but. As much as I want Wenger to go out, and before you all kill me how much I'm making excuses for today's loss here's the main thing which has caused it.

1. Lewandowski is offside -> https://my.mixtape.moe/oztndg.mp4
    enter image description here

2. Lewandowski pushes himself, gets penalty
  3. (third) ref behind the net, who should have easily called a penalty on Walcott first half decides it's a red card for Koscielny

I know I'm just making excuses who is supporting a club which don't care about anything else but profit, but it would never end 10:2 without this bs. But hey, I'm just a deluded Arsenal fan.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

While we're on the subject of unfair/uncalled incidents, let's not forget that the first leg contained a handball off Robben's shot that clearly stopped a shot from going into the net. Would have been a red card. Just pointing out that you guys got lucky in the first leg, and unlucky in the second. Hard to complain about this foul with that in mind.

Slow-motion makes it look like Lewandowski threw himself to the ground. There was undeniable contact between their torsos, and if you watch it in live-time, you'll see that Koscielny's arm makes a shoving motion. He pushes out with his elbow. There are some incidents which you have to watch in live-time rather than slow-motion. Also, it's far too difficult to see if he's off-side or not from that camera angle. You ought to find a better one so we can see properly. Benefit of the doubt is generally given to the forwards, though, and that Lewa call looks far too close to be called for off-side.

I still agree with you that it wasn't a red, though. Ah, bad luck. Arsenal were not going through anyways, and neither did they play like they wanted anything out of the match after Koscielny got sent off.

I'm still in the opinion that he shouldn't have pursued Lewa in that manner. Mistakes like that from a supposedly 'top-class' center back... he ought to have ran between Lewa and the goal in order to block any attempted shots or crosses (instead of giving the forward an opportunity to draw contact and earn a penalty). I'm no professional footballer, but even I've received this much defensive education playing for youth teams. Ultimately, the result of the tie falls on Arsenal as a whole.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

The red ruined a great game, Arsenal showed beautiful thing in the first half and it looked for sure a like a exciting match to watch, but it became a massacre when they lost Koscielny. A real shame as I really liked the first half. The game after that, it was just pretty sad. My sympathy to the Arsenal fan.

• History

The red ruin a great game, Arsenal showed beautiful thing in the first half and it looked for sure a like a exciting match to watch, but it became a massacre when they lost Koscielny. A real shame as I really liked the first half. The game after that, it was just pretty sad.

The red ruined a great game, Arsenal showed beautiful thing in the first half and it looked for sure a like a exciting match to watch, but it became a massacre when they lost Koscielny. A real shame as I really liked the first half. The game after that, it was just pretty sad.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Unrelated: I have read/heard that Coquelin and Xhaka have been useless for a few games now. Any thoughts?

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

It was a very harsh red card because the foul was soft but fifa's stupid rule is last man tackle = red, yellow would be fair.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hope arsene stays at arsenal

• History

by the way i'm happy arsenal got destroyed because i still remember the time when chelsea lost to psg how arsenal fans were insulting us and laughing at us especially u quikzy, i guess karma is a.....

What goes around comes around.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Lewandowski falls way too easy you can see it clearly. But this was over after the first game lets be honest about it.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It was a very controversial call. I dont think it was a red either. The thing is, I also agree with @Dynastian when I watched it and even the first replay without repeated slow motion... i was like... oh shit, it's a pen, he dint get the ball and the contact was there... but indeed watch it again it seems too harsh.

The red changed the game, absolutely. Arsenal had played really well. (Bayern didnt have to worl hard, but still... Arsenal displayed something great).

I feel sad for Arsenal, and for Wenger... but I think its time.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I've really had enough of this football club.

Anyways, even if Koscielny had tripped him, it still shouldn't be a red - let alone Lewandowski pushing himself.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

It was a very harsh red card because the foul was soft but fifa's stupid rule is last man tackle = red, yellow would be fair.

8 is correct. If that's called, it's a red. Not fair, but by the book nevertheless.

One more thing to add, I didn't have a problem with the call. Kos comes across Lewa, unbalances him, and disables his ability to shoot. Lewa goes down because if he doesn't the ref doesn't call it. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Which I do.

As a somewhat neutral fan to this game, I was horrified by Arsenal's 2nd half performance. The Sanchez giveaway which let to a goal was mindless, stupid, and something I would've chewed out an eight-year old for. That being said, Ozil's lack of coming back to the ball which led to Vidal's goal was quite possible the laziest play I've ever seen, and I watched Berbatov play at United for several years. The king of lazy himself would've put more effort into that than Ozil did.

I guess it's somewhat poetic, Arsenal's two best players making two horrible team plays that resulted in conceded goals. That's not even a managerial problem, that's on the players. Fuck the Arsenal players. Soft lazy excuses for soccer players, all of them.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The first half was great and they could have gone in 2-0 or even 3-0. Then the red card happened, which the penalty was virtually nonexistant in my opinion. Arsenal crumbled. No fight, no leaders to help. Arsenal is extremely mentally weak. They need more leaders, more fight, more passion. They couldnt even fight to go out with some dignity. And in regards to Cech and Alexis laughing at the end, sometimes you gotta laugh not to cry.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You know when I realized Arsenal became joke is when they bid on Suarez 40 million and 1 pound... hahaha not trying to banter here but come on !! It was obvious back then that this club doesn't really care about throphies anymore nor do they care about bringing in world class players .

I also hope Wenger stays , Kroenke stays and Arsenal stays Arsenal :)))))

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

=)))) jezzz.

Indeed, it's also PLAYERS big problem. Those are unexcusable. Really really lame, no fighting spirit whatsoever, if you have to go, go with dignity and your head up, for the club, for the fans.

But the bigger problem is the MANAGER, the fuel and spirit must be transfered, inspired by the manager. Wenger and his stupid mentality (this including the whole managerial board) is just lame for such a great club.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I just think they're in bad form as evident by the Chelsea game. Look, they beat us 3-0 at the start of the season and were far better than us. But in usual order they get weaker by the end of the season, and have lost quite a few games since the chelsea game. Next game Chelsea had no problems beating Arsenal.

When it comes to this game, for me.. that red card was not fair. I think Arsenal were the better team in the first half (as they should be - considering they have 4-5 goals to catch up on). The red card changed it all. No fighting spirit whatsoever. And a man less against a team like Bayern can only end one way..

• History

I just think they're in bad form as evident by the Chelsea game. Look, they beat us 3-0 at the start of the season ans was far better than us. But in usual order they get weaker by the end of the season, and have lost quite a few games since the chelsea game.

When it comes to this game, for me.. that red card was not fair. I think Arsenal were the better team in the first half (as they should be - considering they have 4-5 goals to catch up on). the red card changed it all. No fighting spirit whatsoever. And a man less against a team like Bayern can only end one way..

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Wenger: "I think this club is in great shape but is at the moment going through a very difficult situation"... now that's delusional. The professor needs to wake the hell up or he will continue receiving chants asking him to be sacked!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He is just making himself look like an idiot. He's in denial phase where he can't accept he has nothing to bring anymore. The longer he will stay, the worse he will look.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm at the point where I don't think Arsenal necessarily becomes better without Wenger but I think that they need a managerial change regardless.

0only1 7 years ago
Olympiacos, Greece 0 24

The first game was way worst referee wise and in favor of Arsenal, even with that Arsenal got destroyed.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Arsenal needs new owners and a new manager, arsene and the current owners share the same view and their priority is to stay in the top 4, they need people with more ambitions.

decentK 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

last man tackle

Nop, in my understanding that rule is history. And in my understanding when that was the rule, it was about clear cut last man, not last man like that when there's 2 guys in same line 2 metres next to Lewandowski.

EDIT: 'in my understanding' is not a fact, so feel free to quote a real rule from 2017 rulebook to prove me wrong :-p

• History

last man tackle

Nop, in my understanding that rule is history.

last man tackle

Nop, in my understanding that rule is history. And in my understanding when that was the rule, it was about clear cut last man, not last man like that when there's 2 guys in same line 2 metres next to Lewandowski.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@
Bad form ? Come on mate , it is us who wasn't in form during that 3:0 . Don't fool yourself with those early opening winning games .. Chelsea was still playing not up to standards .