Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Antonio Valencia named as Manchester United POTY by his teammate, however...
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, if you kept updated about whats happening with Manchester United, you should know the player recently named their player of the year and guess what? It was Valencia! Well, that seem fair imo, the guy worked the hardest of the team trough all season. However! It was actually Ander Herrera who was nomited as player of the year by the fan (the sir Matt Busby player of the year award). What you think though? Did Herrera deserve that prize more than Valencia and Zlatan? What do you think could explain the difference in choice between the fan and the teammates of the nominated player? Share your thought on the matter!

Edit: Had to modify the original post a lot as I thought at first Valencia had won the biggest award of the night, thankfully, Sun explained to me Herrera also won an important award, so I fixed it as soon as I could. Thank Sun, your a bro. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, if you kept updated about whats happening with Manchester United, you should know they recently named their player of the season and guess what? It was Valencia! Well, that seem fair imo, the guy worked the hardest of the team trough all season. But what about you guys? Think its deserved? Disagree with his nomiation? Should Herrera, Bailly or Zlatan should have gotten it instead? Share your thought! ;)

So, if you kept updated about whats happening with Manchester United, you should know they recently named their player of the year and guess what? It was Valencia! Well, that seem fair imo, the guy worked the hardest of the team trough all season. But what about you guys? Think its deserved? Disagree with his nomiation? Should Herrera, Bailly or Zlatan should have gotten it instead? Share your thought! ;)

So, if you kept updated about whats happening with Manchester United, you should know the player recently named their player of the year and guess what? It was Valencia! Well, that seem fair imo, the guy worked the hardest of the team trough all season. However! It was actually Ander Herrera who was nomited as player of the year by the fan (the sir Matt Busby player of the year award). What you think though? Did Herrera deserve that prize more than Valencia and Zlatan? What do you think could explain the difference in choice between the fan and the two player team-mate? Share your thought on the matter!

So, if you kept updated about whats happening with Manchester United, you should know the player recently named their player of the year and guess what? It was Valencia! Well, that seem fair imo, the guy worked the hardest of the team trough all season. However! It was actually Ander Herrera who was nomited as player of the year by the fan (the sir Matt Busby player of the year award). What you think though? Did Herrera deserve that prize more than Valencia and Zlatan? What do you think could explain the difference in choice between the fan and the teammates of the nominated player? Share your thought on the matter!

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Uhhh....he wasn't. Ander Herrera was. Valencia won the player's POTY. Although Valencia lost the POTY by next to nothing, and imo should've won it.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Eh... right, fixed, sorry about that mistake, so, from what I seen, Valencia was named player of the year by his team-mate, while Herrera won Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award, a prize that you get by being nomited by the fans. Sorry about the mix up, not familiar with the award they give at United and which is the best. :(

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Lol, are you a United fan, Emo?

Valencia thoroughly deserved the PPOTY award big time, although I also voted him for the Matt Busby award too, but Herrera deserved it too.

The amount of work he puts in every game has constantly been overshadowed, but he remained incredibly consistent all throughout. Receiving the Player's player of the year definitely shows more prestige and integrity than an award determined by popularity.

538 11432

@IHEARTfootball Nah, not really, I'm actually a neutral. Man United are just one of the team I know the most about because a lots of my mates on FR are fan. Why you ask though? :) Anyway, I do apreciate them but the fact I only started watching football seriously in 2015 does give me a excuse for not knowing how their award worked yet. XD I agree with you however that receiving PPOTY is propably even more impressive than the Fan POTY, as it show your teammate really considered you were the best player around that season. :D

• History

@IHEARTfootball Nah, not really. It just one of the team I know the most about because a lots of my mates on FR are fan. Why you ask though? :) Anyway, I do apreciate them but the fact I only started watching football seriously in 2015 does give me a excuse for not knowing how their award worked yet. XD I agree with you however that receiving PPOTY is propably even more impressive than the Fan POTY, as it show your teammate really considered you were the best player around that season. :D

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Who doesnt like MU anyway?

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

not watched him at all this season but last season he was total crap for man u so its good to see he's made a change!

Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

@ tuan_jinn
95% of Britain for a start :D

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

@Phenohyte - Maybe that's because United are the GREATEST and most SUCCESSFUL club in England?! (Well, they USED to be at least... maybe not anymore though!!) Lol! :)

538 11432

@DarioUtd Well, for sure, United were one of the most succesful European club in the last 20 year for sure, so it make sense they have a lots of fan, both old and younger one. They are also a very marketable team, with huge name, so of course people are attracted to them. ;)

@Tuan_jinn People that support another english club or people who hate Mourinho. So half of my family (my sis support Liverpool and my dad hate Mourinho). XD

• History

@DarioUtd Well, for sure, United were one

@Tuan_jinn People that support another english club or people who hate Mourinho. So half of my family (my sis support Liverpool and my dad hate Mourinho). XD

@DarioUtd Well, for sure, United were one of the most succesful European club in the last 20 year for sure.