Group H

Arsenal
Bate Borisov
Köln
Crvena Zvezda

Arsenal record vs these teams:

Köln 1 win (2:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1971
Crvena Zvezda 1 draw (1:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1978

Among the Red Star fans it's still remembered the game where Red Star kicked out Arsenal from Europe, where they describe total silence in London after their team scored a goal, the player that scored is known to be the first player that fans used to chant his full name, meaning first and last name xD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal coefficient 105.192 - highest of all teams in the Europa League

Group H

Arsenal
Bate Borisov
Köln
Crvena Zvezda

Arsenal record vs these teams:

Köln 1 win (2:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1971
Crvena Zvezda 1 draw (1:1) 1 loss (1:0) - 1978

Among the Red Star fans it's stil remembered the game where Red Star kicked out Arsenal from Europe, where they describe total silence in London after their team scored a goal, the player that scored is known to be the first player that fans used to chant his full name, meaning first and last name xD

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Glad we managed to beat AC even with Welbeck, he did good, except that dive, which I'm not very proud of, but he always falls on the ground.

Gotta win the 1st leg and not give them away goal, or it's gonna be party in Russia, specially now UK vs. Russia, not a good timing.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Golazo Should be an interesting game for sure, CSKA can focus on Europea as well if they want cause it doesn't look like they'll win the russian premier league this season.

@quikzyyy Yeah, I heard about the friction between UK and Russia, not the best timing for all of those complication but hopefully, all will goes well.

• History

@Golazo Should be an interesting game for sure, CSKA can focus on Europea as well if they want cause it doesn't look like they'll win the russian premier league this season.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

4-1. Wow, seem like Arsenal are making the semis after all. Get ready people! :D

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

inb4 half of our team freeze in Russia and we lose 3:0 :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

We should have won more than 4 1 tbh, all ours to lose.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I take that 4-1, certainly didn't expect such an open game..

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Me too, 4 1 is a good result but why not score more good chances? Anyway not to worry for now I’m just worried for other games in the season. Russia will be much harder for sure.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@amir_keal No doubt but I don't see Arsenal losing 3-0. I have faith they can maintain at least a somewhat respectful scoreline by the end of the second leg.

@quikzyyy Its a good results and one of the rare good news for Arsenal fan this season, I say take it and enjoy it. :D

trimind 6 years ago
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

Ikr, a 4-1 is almost a guaranteed result to go through the next round.

Given all of the extreme weather in Russia, Arsenal can just try to play a normal game without pressure, and a bit more defensive to start with. However, I doubt Wenger would do that, he would probably open up the game. Maybe CSKA will win this game Idk, but Arsenal certainly scored a few. I expect a scoreline of 2-1 or 3-2 :D. That would be fun to watch.

That's one thing that stands Wenger out from the other manager, he is too tight with his game plan. I can only imagine one playing style from Arsenal for the game, but it would be nice seeing Wenger made some tatical changes (but I highly doubt that).

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I would rather arsenal play in the final vs atletico rather than 2 legged semi.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@baldgenius I don't what would be best for Arsenal to be fair. But it certainly would make for one heck of a interesting final, thats for sure. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Their run ends at the semi final. Playing 1:1 at home vs 10 men Atletico lost them the tie.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Golazo Absolutely, they should have never conceded at home, but what is done is done. :(

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

LOL, a sour end for Wenger. What a time to be alive to witness this.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Was anyone really expecting Arsenal to knockout Atlético? Arsenal's only hope was a red card and they had the advantage at home and still couldn't finish chances and got scored on a silly mistake. I guess that truly sums them up over the last 5 years.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

rubbish performance. @raimondo exactly, already spoonfed with red card what more advantage can you have to finish the tie. mustafi and bellerin is absolutely shocking

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Raimondo Sum it up pretty well to be fair. Still, we were still hoping. Atletico haven't been the team they once were either so we wanted to believe but sadly, it was not to be. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Emo what do you mean? In 38 home games they've won 30, drawn 5 and lost 3. Only concerned 15 goals and kept 26 clean sheets. They just struggled at the very beginning of the season because they couldn't finish chances, Costa came in and fixed that. Just wrap your mind around the fact that this team managed to keep a clean sheets 70% of games. A Roma Esq miracle was needed for Arsenal to beat this team, especially Atlético having the advantage from the first game.

I dare say Atlético has the single best defensive record in all of Europe. And keep in mind they face Barca and Real twice.

• History

@Emo what do you mean? In 38 home games they've won 30, drawn 5 and lost 3. Only concerned 15 goals and kept 26 clean sheets. They just struggled at the very beginning of the season because they couldn't finish chances, Costa came in and fixed that. Just wrap your mind around the fact that this team managed to keep a clean sheets 70% of games. A Roma Esq miracle was needed for Arsenal to beat this team, especially Atlético having the advantage from the first game.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Raimondo Fair enough, like you said, it was mostly because of their start to the season I thought they weren't as strong. Then again, Atletico Madrid never did have incredible performance where they win 4-0 or 5-0, they didn't in the past and didn't need any this season.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

They beat us in Super Cup.. Falcao killed us.
Arsenal was never going to reach final because team just doesn’t have that mental edge to beat top team in Europe.