Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal title hopes
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

So, it's that time again. Just the usual quick question annually. Does anyone feel Arsenal can win the league this season, or at the very least, compete for it?

From my viewpoint, we need to get 4 big signings complete.

1. Get Sanchez and Ozil and Chamberlain to sign new contracts.
  2. Lemar
  3. Any good CM to complement with Xhaka. I heard a lot about Seri to Arsenal, but I'm not too sure if he is any good, I'll have to hope he's good if he does come
  4. A new CB for the three at the back, but this priority should be the last. We still do need a new centre back.

These demands may be ridiculous, but our rivals are strengthening for insane positions, allowing them to have a lot of depth (City and United are good examples)

Thoughts, gunners/ rival fans?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Arsenal looks strong but the season is long and you never know if someone will get injured or if the form will fall off in february.
Arsenal in February plays Everton, Spurs and Man City, though if some of those teams sleep over in Europe over the winter Arsenal has a chance to fight for the title.
Lemar would be a great signing so I hope that happens, soon it's the community shield game so the season starts tomorrow!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal looks strong but the season is long and you never know if someone will get injured or if the form will fall off in february.
Arsenal in February plays Everton, Sours and Man City, though if some of those teams sleep over in Europe over the winter Arsenal has a chance to fight for the title.
Lemar would be a great signing so I hope that happens, soon it's the community shield game so the season starts tomorrow!

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

On the paper, Arsenal doesn't have as much quality or depth that some other team in the bix six, however I'm not giving up on them, I seriously hope they can compete for the title, with Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil, it seem possible for them to score every game and with Mustafi and Koscielny at the back, I do believe they have the potential to be solid at the back. I also got pretty good vibe from Holding and they also recruited Kolasinac who seem ok. I do think they should try to get Seri over Lemar for now, Monaco doesn't seem ready to sell and Seri would help more defensively.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

On the paper, Arsenal doesn't have much quality or depth that some other team in the bix six, however I'm not giving up on them, I seriously hope they can compete for the title, with Lacazette, Sanchez and Ozil, it seem possible for them to score every game and with Mustafi and Koscielny at the back, I do believe they have the potential to be solid at the back. I also got pretty good vibe from Holding and they also recruited Kolasinac who seem ok. I do think they should try to get Seri over Lemar for now, Monaco doesn't seem ready to sell and Seri would help more defensively.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

All four points you made are absolutely correct. In the end I think you can have highest chances for Ozil to sign new contract, then Ox, then Alexis. Keeping all three would be smart because:

1) Ozil finally has someone he can assist to aside from Sanchez and Walcott (Lacazette)
2) Arsenal has finally got a real goalscorer, so keeping Sanchez would make best BPL trio (arguably).
3) Ox was one of standout players for Arsenal last season, he was also doing good as RWB in the late season, before that also played as CAM/CM.

If Arsenal keeps this players obviously they need better, more consistent performer on the right wing which is Lemar. I'd rather have Lemar for 60mil than Mahrez for 40-50mil or whatever. That would complete already brilliant trio. By that point I'd think Arsenal has highest chances with City and United to win the league.

Xhaka needs to improve his tackling. A lot. He isn't 35 like Alonso so he can only play as DLP. His passing is brilliant and he only lacks tackling, with tackling he'd be better than most CDMs in the league. Now if he does that, Arsenal should go for Seri. Brilliant player, b2b with every ability Arsenal needs in midfield. If deal falls through, maybe go for Gueye. Other players such as Cyprien (way too underrated), Danilo Pereira or someone else (I'd put in Fabinho or Sanson but chances for them moving are relatively low). They also missed chance on Mesa who would fit Arsenal's tactics I think.

And for the last, Koscielny needs world-class CB next to him. Mustafi isn't that sadly. Also Arsenal should use loans in more often, there are great players who aren't at their best in their clubs and would do just fine at Arsenal (for example, Gaitan? - wonder would Atletico let him go).

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

where's the option: same disappointment as last years?

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I can see Arsenal doing well in EL perhaps even winning to cement a spot in the CL next year. As for the league, I have very little reason to believe Arsenal can change their mentality and maintain form throughout the entire season. Especially since every other team has gotten stronger (except Spurs). Arsenal will finish 4-6 unless a premature exit of EL gives them the rest needed to push in the league.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Where's the option for 4th?? 😉😉

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Lacazette gets even one injury, it's over for Arsenal. The majority of their hopes are placed on his ability to score.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Should've sacked Arsene and Kroenke when you had the chance after the FA cup win.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

how do you sack owner?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Good question, I'm sure your not the only one who'd like to know. :(

Switch* owner. Smh, you know what I mean!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART But how? Aren't Arsenal fan powerless when it come to their owner? :(

@Emo, that's my point. With that current owner still on board, Arsenal are in for another disappointing season.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

First trophy is here! Arsenal wins!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

First? We already got treble mate! Asia trophy + Emirates cup + Community shield!

70m on Morata - still no goals (including that penalty) 😂😂

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

enter image description here

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Croatian

Agreed. However does Danilo Pereira have what it takes to beat Elneny/Ramsey/Francis fir a spot in the team?

quikzyyy + liomessi10

Option 5 :)

iHEARTfootball

Should've sacked Arsene and Kroenke when you had the chance after the FA cup win.

That's not my fault! I would if I could, trust me.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal are preseason legends!

If Sanchez stays than I see them fight for the title . And like it was mentioned above if Lacazatte doesn't fire those goals, league title hopes will be over . However, eventually top 4 finish will be the cards Sorry gooners , if my opinion matters ( which i am sure you could care less about ) then you won't win the league.

@iheart

Hahah mate funny though that you are buying players that couldn't secure first team football in our lineup and now walk into your starting lineup. Even our manager is now your manager , a man you used to hate now is loved all dearly !!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus I swear the rivaliry between Chelsea and United this year is gonna be bigger than that of United vs City or Liverpool and that Chelsea vs other london club. :U