Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal worst point
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

It was impossible to get worse than 2011 Arsenal, so much bad things happen. That was the worst spell under Arsene Wenger's reign

What are your views on this statement? I have to admit I massively disagree, and I personally enjoyed this era a lot.

I admit, I did not follow Arsenal during 1996, because I could not. But I do know what we achieved. We won the double in his second year, double FA cup in 2002 and 2003. The PL in 2002 and many more.

But if we were to compare them to today even, our team back them was simply better imo. We did finish higher in leagues and competed in the league and UCL. If we looked at the best sides, I think we had better XI in the past.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5af46c6e138c092e24ab411b - 2011
https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5af46d1c138c092e24ab411e - 2018

Personally, the only places I currently see an upgrade is Cech, Koscielny himself, and Ozil for Nasri, and Mikitariyan for prime Jack. Auba as a player was better than Arshavin but I never feel he should be there. his career is known for ST. Although he is still better.

I just can't help but feel Wenger could have been a thing for so long, but only the Wenger before 2013/14. That's when I believe the damage started to happen.

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Do you think Arsenal 2011 was the worst era?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Do you think Arsenal 2011 was the worst era

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

@amir, arsenal beats the mighty barcelona at emirates 2-1 with van persie and arshavin, I can't say that 2011 is the worst season tho. if you use today's squad to go against that old barcelona, would've lost 0-4 at home minimum. arsenal had firepower back in 2011, defence had always been arsenal weakness since it's wenger's philosophy anyway. the problem with today is the midfield had been sh*t so can't attack and can't defend, that's the worst state of a team when there is nothing you're good at. for example, 2011 samir nasri > 2018 ozil and surely, fabregas >>>> xhaka. santi cazorla and alexis are 2 of the players that can match 2011's technical ability. I may sound cocky but if that 2011 squad moves in time to the leicester season, I think arsenal would've won the league.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir, arsenal beats the mighty barcelona at emirates 2-1 with van persie and arshavin, I can't say that 2011 is the worst season tho. if you use today's squad to go against that old barcelona, would've lost 0-4 at home minimum. arsenal had firepower back in 2011, defence had always been arsenal weakness since it's wenger's philosophy anyway. the problem with today is the midfield had been sh*t so can't attack and can't defend, that's the worst state of a team when there is nothing you're good at. for example, 2011 samir nasri > 2018 ozil and surely, fabregas >>>> xhaka. santi cazorla is one of the players that can match 2011's technical ability. I may sound cocky but if that 2011 squad moves in time to the leicester season, I think arsenal would've won the league.

kenkichiotaka 6 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Nah man, real talk yea, Arsenal 2018 is deffo the worst era!

amir_keal 6 years ago

thebaldgenius

Yep agreed, we would surely have won the league if we had that team. However, I don't really think that Nasri was better than Ozil. Nasri was beast, but I'd still take Ozil.

kenkichiotaka

Lol, I think so too. Wanna hear a joke? Arsenal have the least away points in all of England in 2018! Sad times.

kenkichiotaka 6 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

I mean, 0 away point in 2018 is tragic! Lol