Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Atletico vs Barcelona pre and post match talk
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

So, what's the result for this match going to be?

Rather interesting match, both teams not hitting full form, making this game a little harder to predict. Personally, I'm going for a 2 2 draw.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, what's the result for this match going to be?

Rather interesting match, both teams not hitting full form, making this game a little harder to predict.

Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i'd like to see barca get knocked again lol

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Knowing that Barca has to give everything to not to lose, I'd say a draw here will make both teams happy.

0-0

• History

Knowing that Barca has to give everything to not to lose, I'd say a draw here will make both teams happy.

Knowing that Barca has to give everything to not to lose, I'd say a draw here will make both teams happy. 0-0 my prediction.

Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

Barca will win.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Unless Barca fix that central mid... i dont have much faith in them

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think Barca might win. Atletico have been choppy recently.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Went for the draw, it seem realistic with both team recent performance.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Nothing but the win for both sides, Barca are combining Dr Jekyll and mister Hyde lately, results depend highly on their own form... lets wait and see Enrique stupid rotations, Lucas Digne is the worst player wearing the Culé shirt for years, yet he is been given more playing time than Turan...

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

pleassssssse. dont mess up this time.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Barca's problem is in the midfield. They lack creativity and energy. The players barely run for the ball and just pass simple passes till any one of MSN comes deep. The wing backs were woeful, they and they pass back to MAT way too much, they should attack more often than wait for counters, especially with wing backs at their disposal.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Yess !!! Now come on submarines !! Sink the white Yacht...

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^had to love that one

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Well ref said NO...

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The hand was up in an unnatural position. It was unintentional, but a penalty regardless. His hand was not in a natural position. Yes, the ref called a penalty and it was the correct call.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I disagree it was not a penalty

What you are saying sounds like he deliberately put his arm out so he can block the ball. 1. He isnt that dead stupid 2. The ball bounced real fast and there was little he could do.

It was not a penalty to all natural fans and sport commentators (it was commented on Dutch sport channels). The one that wasnt given in Barca match against Villarreal WAS a blatant pen. Im not saying the ref helped Real, im saying refs suck badly in La Liga. I still thin Real would win La Liga, I just dislike there were much controversial with the refs.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

When your hand is up in the air like that it's always a penalty. Clear as day. Nothing controversial about it.

enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here

Now look Henry's hand pointed down in the more natural position.

enter image description here

Player is clearly not in natural position with his hand, clear penalty.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

I've heard commentators mention it over and over again, and seen referees give it over and over again. If the arm is in an unnatural position (aka not by their waist or against their body), then it is a penalty. Clear as day. Doesn't matter if it ricocheted or he had time to move his hand... it's a penalty.

Published by BBC News...

However, the document fails to describe what constitutes deliberate handball, which places the responsibility firmly on the referee and referees' assistants. Former Premier League referee David Elleray said the referee's interpretation depends on whether the hand or arm is in an "unnatural" position at the point of contact.

"Referees look at two specifics - did the hand or arm go towards the ball or in a manner which would block the ball, or is the hand in a position where it would not normally be?" Elleray told BBC Sport.

• History

@Tuan

I've heard commentators mention it over and over again, and seen referees give it over and over again. If the arm is in an unnatural position (aka not by their waist or against their body), then it is a penalty. Clear as day. Doesn't matter if it ricocheted or he had time to move his hand... it's a penalty.

Published by BBC News...

However, the document fails to describe what constitutes deliberate handball, which places the responsibility firmly on the referee and referees' assistants. Former Premier League referee David Elleray said the referee's interpretation depends on whether the hand or arm is in an "unnatural" position at the point of contact.

David Elleray consults his assistant during a club
Referees often consult their assistants on decisions
"Referees look at two specifics - did the hand or arm go towards the ball or in a manner which would block the ball, or is the hand in a position where it would not normally be?" Elleray told BBC Sport.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Guys come one, his hand was above his shoulder, why on earth is it there in the first place? To cover his face? As a defender, his hand should always be low or behind his back. Its a stupid pen to give that cost Villareal the game.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

In the same game Marcelo did the same, no PK. Its never a Pk in a million year, he tried to take his hand off, the ball changed direction half metter near him, it wasn't dangerous nor intentional, we re not even sure he touched it but hey Madrid needed it just like many others so Madridistas like usual close their eyes or pretend it was valid.
Just to make it clear about the situation, Jesus Gil ref of that game, is the one who gave inexistant card to Suarez vs Atletico that makes him miss the final of copa, he denied 2 PKs to Barca this season, booked Messi twice, and gave a harsh red card to Barca.
He is refreiing the next game vs Celta of Barca and he doesn't hide being in a Madrid fan club supporting his childhood team. This is 🇪🇸

• Bale pushes Navas foul ?????
  • Ronaldo falls at the slightest contact : Whistled everything even gave a yellow to Mario.
  • 3 times do not whistling a foul on Villareal players launching Madrid counters...

One of these counters was Isco foul on Castilejo that gave Morata the winner, some may say that was harsh but cannot be whistled, okay then why whistling fouls for fun the opposite way ?

Anyway it's not the first game, the ref difference this season decided the winner, and IM PRETTY SURE ITS ON PURPOSE.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

The President of Villareal Roig on Radio Marca: "Gil Mazano and his assistants came out of the stadium with bags from Real de Madrid and I do not like it"
He went on: I think that after the penalty, we can not talk about a comeback!

Since people remembers some ref mistakes for ages, I think the period of silence about other teams silent when it suits them and loud ( extremely loud ) on the rare occasions they feel disadvantaged is over.

Jesus Gill Manzano is officiating Barca next game vs Celta Vigo, would he be that stupid to keep this up ? Hope he is listening to the press to be fair and not try to rob Barca another time this season... ( he officiated Barca-malaga 0-0 denied a valid goal for pique for offside while his linesman accorded the goal ) I remember the name.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

When was the last time someone had a penalty against Barcelona in the league? I don't remember...