Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ba to stay at Chelsea?
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Chelsea striker Demba Ba has claimed that Jose Mourinho has asked him to stay at Stamford Bridge next season.Ba's future with Chelsea has been the subject of speculation after the Senegal international started only six games in all competitions this season.He was a target for Arsenal last summer, but important goals against Paris St Germain, Swansea and Liverpool in the latter stages of the season appear to have secured Ba's future at Chelsea.Player Profile

19. Demba Ba Appearances 6 (23) Goals8 Assists1 Yellows1 Reds0

Current Season"Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay at Chelsea next season," Ba is quoted in the Daily Star. "He assured me that my situation wouldn't change."I see this as my reward from God. I weighed up the pros and cons, and think that I will stay put to see what happens."I don't know whether my situation will improve, but what with the coach's offer anything can happen."I want to play a lot of matches and I think that will be the case for me."I was approached by Arsenal last August. But Mourinho refused to let me join them, as he said he didn't want to help a rival team to get stronger."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

helsea striker Demba Ba has claimed that Jose Mourinho has asked him to stay at Stamford Bridge next season.Ba's future with Chelsea has been the subject of speculation after the Senegal international started only six games in all competitions this season.He was a target for Arsenal last summer, but important goals against Paris St Germain, Swansea and Liverpool in the latter stages of the season appear to have secured Ba's future at Chelsea.Player Profile

19. Demba Ba Appearances 6 (23) Goals8 Assists1 Yellows1 Reds0

Current Season"Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay at Chelsea next season," Ba is quoted in the Daily Star. "He assured me that my situation wouldn't change."I see this as my reward from God. I weighed up the pros and cons, and think that I will stay put to see what happens."I don't know whether my situation will improve, but what with the coach's offer anything can happen."I want to play a lot of matches and I think that will be the case for me."I was approached by Arsenal last August. But Mourinho refused to let me join them, as he said he didn't want to help a rival team to get stronger."