Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barca first defeat in 4 month?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Last Barcelona FC defeat before yesterday was at this date: 16-08-2017. A bit more than 4 month ago, against Real Madrid at that, in the Supercopa de Espana. So yeah, Espanyol really did something pretty incredible in the Copa del Rey with their 1-0 victory over the propable future la liga champion. Obviously, it was only the away game and Barca will no doubt be much stronger in the home game but still. I thought it was worth a mention? Thought? Prediction for the second leg? Anyone think this might be a sign that Barca form will start to collapse? Also, while I'm at it, I'm curious to know how people feel about Valverde management at Barca as of now.

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Actually I found it a bit surprising that they have been invincible in the last 4 months...

In the first half they were like a mid table team when everyone was off-form, their biggest signing didn't work, and Paulinho kinda compromised the off-form Suarwz.

Big applause to the manager to keep everyone down-to earth and stayed humble knowing their weakness.

Im not super impressed by his football though, but I have to admit he is proving that he has what it takes to make the best out of that situation. Let see when everything is normal and a bit longer run to see. So far so good

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Thats the big thing that suprise me about it all, nothing too fancy but at the end, they still went undefeated for 4 month! Thats remind me Ranieri with Leicester a bit! :D

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It was bound to happen eventually, much like City. A positive is that in the league they remain undefeated. The catalunya classico is always a tough game for both teams and I think it also came down to Barca being overconfident (too many subs) and wasteful. It happens but I expect Barca to win the second leg. Espanyol would be making a mistake if they plan to defend for 90mins.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@raimondo Yeah, me too, I don't really expect Barca to lose second leg but it could be interesting at least. Obviously, since its a derby, its gonna be heated. Wouldn't be suprised if fault and ref decision was key to the second leg results. As for Barca, I really wonder how long they can go undefeated in the league.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Well, in copa first leg, Barca does not play their regular players. A late counter sealed the game and yes this team is less spectacular than previous ones but more solid and probably more effective with bigger depth to rest players like Busquets, Iniesta. What caused Barca some trophies lost last years.
Best defense in Europe, 9 goals conceded in the league out of 20 games and 0 conceded in CL. That’s the new thing about Barca, they don’t suffer while not having the ball due to Umtiti becoming the captain of defense and Stegen being a real wall, only Oblak has a better saves per goal record this season.
An injury, an off form doesn’t seem to affect them as it used, Vermaelen back in form looks like a new signing, Paulinho with 8 goals already, Suarez back on track and Messi, oh well he decided this season games singlehandedly at half of them. When they don’t score, or play good, they do not concede or loose and it’s something we aren’t used to. With Coutinho and Dembele back it would only get better.
The wake up call came in a copa first leg, it’s good to have it right now and probably without consequences if Barca plays their starters second leg. We are one month before Chelsea game, Dembele picked up injurie 1 month ( not crucial ), Coutinho and Umtiti are back to training, but what is crucial is Paulinho picking up an injury lately 1 month long, à box to box who attack space and combine is the factor that opened space for Messi and give him opportunity to score or assist him. Alba and Paulinho are the main combiners with him just like Azpi with Morata.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki So Paulinho is actually a really important for Barca when you think about, bring out the best out of player like Messi. Funny seeing how everybody considering his signature a dissapointement at first. He's been pretty good for Barca imo. ;)