Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barcelona Purchases Ousmane Dembele for 105 Million Euros
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

From ESPN

"Barcelona have agreed terms with Borussia Dortmund for the transfer of attacker Ousmane Dembele, subject to the completion of his medical.

Barca will pay an initial fee of €105 million, and Dortmund confirmed that add-ons could see the fee rise by 40 percent -- taking the deal to a potential €147m.

France international Dembele, 20, arrives to fill the void left by Neymar's €222m departure to Paris Saint-Germain, who paid the Brazilian's full release clause earlier this summer for the largest transfer fee in history.

Barcelona said Dembele's five-year contract will have a significantly higher release clause of €400m. The club gave him the No. 11 shirt previously worn by Neymar.

The initial €105m fee matches Paul Pogba's move to Manchester United from Juventus last summer as the second-largest all-time in Euros. There was no mention of add-ons in Pogba's deal.

"Dembele gives us width, something we lost and we needed," Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde said in a news conferece. "He can play left or right, or even through the middle, he is quick and he is technically good. We hope he's going to add a lot to the team. We're really excited to have him."

Asked about the difference between Dembele and Neymar, Valverde said only: "The difference is one is with us and the other isn't.""

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Dynastian Number 11, eh? Guess that mean he will be the main replacement for Neymar after all. :) Anyway Dyn, you are the La Liga expert here, will our little french dribbler thrive or fall there?

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

So overpriced, but I hope he proves me wrong.

I've heard that Rennes received 25 mill Euros from their sell on clause, which itself beats their record transfer fee received.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So overrated, but I hope he proves me wrong.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Could have gone worse if they were to sign Coutinho tbh. What they got in this lad is real potential with a possible career that can extend to 10-15 years. Good signing, but I still think Barca have to brace themselves for a roller coaster ride this season. A lot of disappoints coming your way.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Just watch as Barcelona wins La Liga now.

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@eden you do realise thats inflation right? pogba to man utd ruined the market and now neymar to psg has fked it up even more. these are the prices that are gonna be considered "normal" from now on...

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Even in the current market I wouldn't spend 105m on Dembele. I'd rather spend 105m on Pusilic to be honest. Max 60m for Dembele.

pogba to man utd ruined the market and now neymar to psg has fked it up even more. these are the prices that are gonna be considered "normal" from now on...

LOL, what the hell are you on about? This whole obscene money spending behavior all started from your club when Abramovich took over back in the early 2000s. Don't go crying over something you've started. Aside from footballing reasons, there's a reason why Chelsea is commonly known for just their stupendous spending spree, Torres is one that comes in mind, and quite possibly Morata that follows - big money for small turnovers...

nandaYNWA 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

what the actual f*ck

on a positive note, does this mean theyre no longer interested in coutinho? :D

• History

what the actual f*ck

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Very overpriced, but that's expected from this transfer window.

@nandaYNWA To my understanding, Coutinho is still one of their targets :o

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Very very overpriced,

But he is one of the best, potential players, playing in Barcelona would surely benefit both.

The market is super shaking now, :( this normally would be 70mil. max (despite he is being one of the best youngster). The only reason it's 150m now, it's because MU's stupid transfer and especially PSG's oil sugar money

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@iHEART Yeah, but at least, Chelsea didn't buy a player over 80M pounds yet. ;P

Anyway, I think he will do well in La Liga, his passing and dribbling should allow him to suceed as well. At least 20 assist this season maybe if everything goes well?

@iHEART Yeah, but at least, Chelsea didn't buy a player over 80M pounds yet. ;P

Yes, but that's not the point. The point I'm trying to make is that we aren't the ones who "ruined" the transfer market.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

Unless your name is Messi, dribbling is next to useless in La Liga. Why do you think Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, and Neymar completely abandoned their dribbling skills once they arrived?

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes, but that's not the point. The point I'm trying to make is that we aren't the ones who "ruined" the transfer market.

So Chelsea is the one to blame for everything right?

In the list of the most expensive transfers ever, Chelsea has 3 signings and 2 of them are from 2017, Morata and Bakayoko.

Manchester United in the top 50 transfers has 8 players bought, same as Real Madrid!

So don't point out how Chelsea made your team to spend 100 mil pounds for Pogba he was YOUR player that wanted more play time and you let him go only to buy him back for that money, you made that trade yourself nobody influenced those decisions on the market, it was your team and your team only!

Did Chelsea also ruined the transfer market when you bought Rio for 30 mil pounds, which was a ridiculous price for a defender for that time?
I mean you spashed out 30 mil for a defender in 2002, same year when Ronaldo went from Inter to Real Madrid for 1 mil pounds less, and you talk about how Chelsea ruined the market...

• History

So Chelsea is the one to blame for everything right?

In the list of the most expensive transfers ever, Chelsea has 3 signings and 2 of them are from 2017, Morata and Bakayoko.

Manchester United in the top 50 transfers has 8 players bought, same as Real Madrid!

So don't point out how Chelsea made your team to spend 100 mil pounds for Pogba he was YOUR player that wanted more play time and you let him go only to buy him back for that money, you made that trade yourself nobody influenced those decisions on the market, it was your team and your team only!

Did Chelsea also ruined the transfer market when you bought Rio for 30 mil pounds, which was a ridiculous price for a defender for that time?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Dynast You sure love to shoot me down while I'm happy, maybe you would be kind enough to let me know how you think Dembele is gonna do at Barca and in La Liga, oh great master of the spanish football. ;)

@Golazo @iHEART enter image description here

• History

@Dynast You sure love to shoot me down while I'm happy, maybe you would be kind enough to let me know how you think Dembele is gonna do at Barca and in La Liga, oh great master of the spanish football. ;)

@Golazo, you just opened a huge can of worms, and of course I knew exactly what you just pointed out, which wasn't even my point in the first place, but I'm not going to even argue with you because it's going to be pointless anyway.

ForcaCataluna 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 2 455

Dembele wearing no. 11. So if Barcelona still interested in Coutinho (because logically Dembele for Neymar and Coutinho for Iniesta), what number will he be wearing? 1-27 is already taken. And main number like 7- Turan, 12- Rafinha might suit him.

sorry but this is my concern and not the market anymore. it's something inevitable. atleast our salaries keep on increasing right? oh wait..

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Unless your name is Messi, dribbling is next to useless in La Liga. Why do you think Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, and Neymar completely abandoned their dribbling skills once they arrived?

They... didn't.

For instance: Bale started dribbling more, and one of the chief concerns that Barca fans especially threw at him was that he wouldn't have the dribbling skills they expected in Spanish football. I recall people even saying that because he was from the PL, he clearly couldn't be anywhere near good enough to impact the Spanish league. Thankfully of course, Bale proved all those people wrong.

Suarez is a pure striker; dribbling is an extra for him wherever he plays, and besides, when you're suddenly next to Messi instead of being the entirety of Liverpool's attack, abandoning your dribbling is an easy choice to make.

When Ronaldo traded United for Real he all but pumped steroids into his step-overs, taking literally years to develop his current ruthless efficiency (mostly thanks to Mourinho's counter-attacking philosophy), and used to win games all by himself by, wait for it, dribbling.

Now Neymar did tone it down when he joined Barca, but then again you have the Messi effect and also the fact that Neymar moved from the Brazilian league to Europe, where we actually take defending seriously. You remember that Puskas Award goal that Neymar won, simply because the defenders he walked past were like statues? I rest my case.

In fact, one of the most marketable features of La Liga exports is their technical dribbling ability. C'mon, dude, what are you smoking? You need my stuff instead; it's had the hallucinogenics taken out. ;)

• History

They... didn't.

For instance: Bale started dribbling more, Suarez is a pure striker, Ronaldo pumped steroids into his step-overs, taking years to develop his current ruthless efficiency (mostly thanks to Mourinho's counter-attacking philosophy), and Neymar moved from the Brazilian league to Europe, where we actually take defending seriously.

In fact, one of the most marketable features of La Liga exports is their technical dribbling ability. Dude, what are you smoking? You need my stuff instead; it's had the hallucinogenics taken out. ;)

They... didn't.

For instance: Bale started dribbling more, and one of the chief concerns that Barca fans especially through at him was that he wouldn't have the dribbling skills they expected in Spanish football. Thankfully of course, Bale proved all those people wrong by being amazing.

Suarez is a pure striker; dribbling is an extra for him wherever he plays, and besides, when you're suddenly next to Messi instead of being the entirety of Liverpool's attack, abandoning your dribbling is an easy choice to make.

When Ronaldo traded United for Real he all but pumped steroids into his step-overs, taking literally years to develop his current ruthless efficiency (mostly thanks to Mourinho's counter-attacking philosophy), and used to win games all by himself by, wait for it, dribbling.

Now Neymar did tone it down when he joined Barca, but then again you have the Messi effect and also the fact that Neymar moved from the Brazilian league to Europe, where we actually take defending seriously. You remember that Puskas Award goal that Neymar won, simply because the defenders he walked past were like statues? I rest my case.

In fact, one of the most marketable features of La Liga exports is their technical dribbling ability. C'mon, dude, what are you smoking? You need my stuff instead; it's had the hallucinogenics taken out. ;)

They... didn't.

For instance: Bale started dribbling more, and one of the chief concerns that Barca fans especially threw at him was that he wouldn't have the dribbling skills they expected in Spanish football. Thankfully of course, Bale proved all those people wrong by being amazing.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

On topic: Dembele is a great signing for Barcelona.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Lodatz

On topic: Dembele is a great signing for Barcelona.

Agreed, also, I knew putting an MJ gif would make you come on this thread. ;P