Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern Large Squad Problem
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So guys, I alway thought it was a problem that Bayern squad was so strong in term of depth and that a lot of talented player ended up lacking playing time. But now, its getting even worse, last season, it was Coman and Renato Sanchez who had a hard time starting a game and now, Bayern have signed Rudy, Gnabbry, Sule and even Tolisso. I mean, I'm all for a team getting better players but theres no way all of those guys will get plenty of playing time at Bayern next season, even with Xabi taking his leave and opening a sport in the midfield. But more seriously, what are your thought on the matter? Who do you think will get more playing time and who will start the most in important game for Bayern? Do you agree playing time will become hard to get for all those young player? Please share your opinion. ;)

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Tiki Wow, you are right, I read an article in French wich stated exactly those information. I was even tempted to relate them on this site but you beat me to it. Good work mate. :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

PSG were on the race to bring him, so yeah French were aware of his whole situation, journalists included. Basically 80% of the infos i took them from eurosport.fr. Great website if you want to follow Mercato. ( in FRENCH :) )

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I mostly watch Footmercato myself, they are very active but yeah, Eurosport is a great site as well, follow it sometime to see livescore. :)

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Gnabry loaned to Hoffenheim ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian But doesn't that mean you don't have a lot of backup winger now? :S

Croatian 7 years ago

^True, if we keep Robbery out of injuries for whole season it would be dream, and if these stuff happens we will simply have to use Coman more, or Kimmich as RM (he does that role pretty well), maybe even put Muller/James on wings because they played there through history.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian I don't want to be a pessimist but keeping Robbery completely healty for the whole of next season seem unlikely, especially considerin they didn't really have any problem last one, I don't see them remaining safe for two season in a row. Anyway, Coman is a solid replacement but need confidence from his manager and playtime to perform and James and Kimmich could both be pretty solid as another backup. Muller never been that impressive on the wing imo but that might just be me.

Croatian 7 years ago

Not just you. He's classic CF, not playmaker, not winger. I don't see why it is big problem to put him playing on CF, that would make him (and Bayern) so much better.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Didn't he play there in CL against Madrid though, the first game I mean? He wasn't very convincing if I remember correctly, poor exemple I know but still. :(

Croatian 7 years ago

He was actually a striker since Lewa got injured few days before.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Ok, my bad. :) So how is Muller when he play as a classic CF?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He wreaks havoc all over the pitch. When Muller is given the freedom of a CF, you'll see him drift to the wings, create plays from midfield, and be the target man on the ends of crosses. That's Muller at his most potent, and Guardiola recognized that. Ancelotti puts more emphasis on the midfielders, however, which is why you see Thiago excelling so much under him.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Impressive, didn't realise Muller was so creative and had such a workrate. Wish I watched more Bayern game. :)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The only thing Muller doesn't do is dribble, and I believe he admitted to that short-coming. He's a Wayne Rooney-esque player who is immensely impactful when given free reign, but performs atrociously when he is fixed to a specific position.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emobot7 Well, he is a space finder like he call himself, isn't he? Can't find space if he cannot show imagination in his movement. :(

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Croatian

Even before the whole Vidal thing, I questioned Kimmich's desire off the pitch.

Watch Kimmich's reaction, he doesn't care.

Sorry to be so critical, but he is no Lahm, on and off the pitch.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir Your not fair, he was actually doing the mannequin challenge, thats why he has no reaction. :P

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Because not reacting to a missed penalty is a sure-fire sign of a player apathetic to his club.

Back on topic, I don't see James playing in the starting XI regularly unless Carlo decides to change his formation.