Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern - Real (CL17) Pre and Post talk
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Following our series, I predict this game will have a lot to talk about before and after...

Gonna be so hard to predict.

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much. They barely failed to score
  • Real is along with Juve are the 2 unbeaten in CL this season. NOT on form, miss Pepe and Verane (huge), and seem to have conflict up front (Bale vs Ronaldo), while James is not happy. But Ramos is always there to save the day, an away goal might just be enough for team like Real to make a big deal when they play at home.

I dont assume controversy, and if there is one, I must assume it would come from Real. :D

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Following our series, I predict this game will have a lot to talk about before and after...

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much.
  • Real is along with Juve are the 2 unbeaten in CL this season. NOT on form, miss Pepe and Verane (huge), and seem to have conflict up front (Bale vs Ronaldo), while James is not happy. But Ramos is always there to save the day, an away goal might just be enough for team like Real to make a big deal when they play at home.

I dont assume controversy, and if there is one, I must assume it would come from Real. :D

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much. They barely failed to score

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynast True, he was superb. Still is number 1 after all but hey, that doesn't make everything.

• History

@Dynast True, he was superb. Still is number 1 for me but hey, that doesn't make everything.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The student ( Zidane ) showed this game that he didn't win the Champions League last season by chance.
Taking out Bale in the 56min? was a strong move and Asensio solved the game with the assist.

Though in my eyes Benzema lost too many balls and was going solo against the whole world a few times for no reason, that's one thing that stands out for me, it looks like Zidane is giving him a free role for a reason that so far isn't paying off.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo111 I agree, Zidane should give Morata more playing time. :S My opinion at least. Benzema not a bad player but today was not his best game.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

We needed Benzema today. His ability to drift into wide positions, and strength in holding the ball and making smart passes on the counter-attack was priceless. Yes, he dribbled too much a few times, but overall it was a solid effort. He did his role, and we won away at Bayern.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Yeah I have mixed feeling about Benz. He lost too many balls, but the was everywhere too. Its a pity Morata wasnt given chance to play, but everyone did well for Real today

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I just hope we don't f*cking concede in the next leg. Bayern is our toughest opponent in the entire competition. Juventus and Monaco are very good, but I think we'd be able to beat them. Bayern gave us a gift with the Javi red card, and we need to take complete advantage of it.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I don't know what to say. It kinda hurts when Madridistas dont believe.

To me thus was a battle of the midfield. Their mid won the first half, we won the second. Overall good game like I said! Hopefully we continue the momentum at home and capitalize against a wounded barca team on the 23rd. Hala Madrid!

Madridista11 7 years ago

Madrid is a stong side. We beat them while having an off day. All we need to do is start off strong and we must believe that we got this.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'd rather be realistic than place false hopes.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

In summary. I think most of us underestimate Real, only 6% thought they would win. That seems resembling most fans and natural fans around the internet too, we shared very similar view.

Playing away was a disadvantage but they were allowed to be underdog, played as underdog and when you let Real hit you on counter, the damage is severe.

Bayern paid their prices quite badly today.

• History

In summary. I think most of us underestimate Real, only 6% thought they would win. That seems resemble most fans and natural fans around the internet too, we shared very similar view.

Playing away was a disadvantage but they were allowed to be underdog, played as underdog and when you let Real hit you on counter, the damage is severe.

Bayern paid their prices quite badly today.

Madridista11 7 years ago

It's not false hope. Being realistic is hoping for the best and being prepared for the worst. You said we'll get spanked last time and after the win lol

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The only game I predicted right was Atletico Leicester 1:0.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, I thought we were going to get clapped by Bayern.

Would screaming "HALA MADRID" and predicting Madrid to win every game satisfy you?

Madridista11 7 years ago

No, but thinking we are gonna get clapped every time we face Bayern certainly isnot healthy either. But please, do as you wish. I honestly don't care how you feel before or after a match. In fact, I couldn't give a sh!t. But I do have the right to be surprised, no?

Madridista11 7 years ago

Hey man the way I see it, maybe you are right by being under constant paranoia when we draw big clubs. I'm not saying we should be unrealistic, but having the squad that we have, knowing that we have a big shot isn't unrealistic at all.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Great performance by Real. Winning at the Allianz is no small task, but I don't think Javi Martinez deserved to go off.

The penalty handball struck the area joining his shoulder/chest. Not a penalty. If Vidal had scored the game could have been very different. Anyway, congrats to Real but if they think the tie is over they are sadly mistaken.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

From the beginning of the game Real Madrid's defence made sure that everything will go as planned. Red card was right. But Ancelotti should've subbed Martinez after the first yellow. It was obvious he was going to get the 2nd. Well deserved win for the Madrid side.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast XD Wouldn't be like you at all to predict your team to win every game. Still, I dunno if you remember a discusion we had before about Bayern not actually playing a lot of big team and me saying that in that sense, Real had an a advantage because they played more big gun this season than Bayern did (not saying that Arsenal isn't a big gun, but they had a poor game and were also quite unlucky with the ref against Munich).

Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

This will be a great second leg. Even though Real Madrid got a dream score at the Allianz Arena, I do not think this tie is over. Bayern is more than capable of overturning this score, all they need is for Real Madrid players to think they're already through, to be overconfident, and not be on their best.

Which is why I do think this result is very dangerous. I hope Zidane does his job in motivating the squad, and ensuring that they don't think this tie is over. Real will have to work their asses off in Bernabeu, but I have high hopes that they will.

It looks like Lewy will be back for the second leg but I don't think he'll yet be back to his 100 percent due to the amount of games his missed, his fitness won't be there just yet. Ancelotti will most likely put him in the second half if things aren't going well, but there's a big chance that he'll be a starter as well. It all depends on how important Ancelotti considers him. Though judging by recent results and overall form of Bayern, it looks like the answer is very. We'll see.

I'm not worried about Lewy though, not only did Sergio Ramos completely mark him out of the game the last time he visited Bernabeu, he won't be fully fit. Even with all this though, he's still the best striker in the Bayern squad. As we've seen, Muller seems lost playing in his position.

Unlike the first leg, I think this game will be a lot more cagey. Real Madrid will come protecting the result and trying to hit Bayern on the break as they've done in Germany, especially 3 years ago. Zidane has shown to be a pragmatist when it comes to his tactics. Though many believe that attack is the best form of defense, I don't think Zidane believes this to be the case, and I concur - especially against a side capable of hitting you on the break as well as Bayern.

It will be a nervy match, but eventually with their fans willing them on, Real will get the job done. 1-1.

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Bale, Varane, and Pepe are out.

Here's the Real squad in full:

enter image description here

• History

Bale, Varane, and Pepe are out of the squad.

Here's the Real Madrid squad:

enter image description here