Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern - Real (CL17) Pre and Post talk
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Following our series, I predict this game will have a lot to talk about before and after...

Gonna be so hard to predict.

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much. They barely failed to score
  • Real is along with Juve are the 2 unbeaten in CL this season. NOT on form, miss Pepe and Verane (huge), and seem to have conflict up front (Bale vs Ronaldo), while James is not happy. But Ramos is always there to save the day, an away goal might just be enough for team like Real to make a big deal when they play at home.

I dont assume controversy, and if there is one, I must assume it would come from Real. :D

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Following our series, I predict this game will have a lot to talk about before and after...

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much.
  • Real is along with Juve are the 2 unbeaten in CL this season. NOT on form, miss Pepe and Verane (huge), and seem to have conflict up front (Bale vs Ronaldo), while James is not happy. But Ramos is always there to save the day, an away goal might just be enough for team like Real to make a big deal when they play at home.

I dont assume controversy, and if there is one, I must assume it would come from Real. :D

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

• Bayern has the longest undefeated home games in the history of CL, on form and looks good in all aspects. The absence of Neuer might prove costly against BBC (and M), they seem dont miss Muller and Hummels that much. They barely failed to score

Bayern 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Bayern have no ambition, let those losers lose.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Let's be honest here, it was 3 3, and they all started to dive afterwards. Smh.

Robben dived and got the penalty, the first goal of the game was a dive.
And you dare to say someone payed the ref.

I can only laugh at you because teams with 10 players can score goals, how did Chelsea scored against Barcelona that back then was even better than Real Madrid of today, Bayern couldn't match Real Madrid for the whole game look how Marcelo passed 5 players like it's junior league jajaja nobody's fault that Vidal has loose screws in his head and that Bayern stopped trying, Inter Milan vs Barcelona could play with 10 men like they have 13 and Chelsea too, no excuse for Bayern.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

robben didn't dive for the pen, casemeiro deserved a red card, the ref ruined the match.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bayern did try. They just became mentally and physically exhausted near the end.

Inter Milan triumphing against Barcelona after poor refereeing is not the type of performance you can expect to see every season. I still give full props to Bayern for trying their best.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Pretty sure he dived, that move is his signature dive move you can compare it to all other times he dived it's the same move.
But whatever Bayern lost and couldn't score any goals from a normal play, only a penalty and an own goal kept them in the game, that alone doesn't prove they deserved to win this tie.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Pathetic. Real Madrid has lost all credibility in this season. So many calls going their way on a consistent basis, not only in CL but in La Liga as well. This is even more blatant than Barca PSG.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Rai

It was only this match though.... we had calls go against us the first leg.

I can make the argument that Suarez intentionally dived for the penalty, but no one in Madrid attempted to cheat even once. But I guess that would just probably go over your head...

• History

@Rai

It was only this match though.... we had calls go against us the first leg.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

This is even more blatant than Barca PSG.

Not even close.

raimondo90 7 years ago

I am criticizing a referee performance and not the players choice to go down or not. That's complete different thing, really surprised you cant see the difference between those two.

You sure golazo? Hmm I cannot agree with you. This game was ruining due to the ref. Both teams did a great first half. Bayern a better second half.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

real madrid and barca are one in the same. the difference is that this year madrid squad is much stronger than barca. but referees favouring both teams so much in the ucl.............fishy.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@raimondo90 If you didn't see Bayern getting a penalty in both games and specially in this game that was the first goal of the game then I can maybe understand that you think it was very unfair from the ref, basically only if you didn't watch the game I can understand you.

Other than that, Real got no penalty, they didn't fake any red card nor were they dirty, blame Vidal for tackling with both feet from behind, that guy even as a video game player in football manager gets reds and yellows often, everyone sees him as the too-much-agressive type of guy.

Then it's not Real Madrid's fault that Bayern stopped playing, they lost the first game 2:1 came back but were sleeping and they let Cristiano unmarked for all goals he scored, Marcelo passing through whole Bayern like a train so even if these 2 teams are close and even if Real Madrid had the score 2:2 if Bayern scores they go through but they stopped playing and Real wanted it more.

raimondo90 7 years ago

I watch both games, first match it wasn't a penalty and thankfully wasn't converted. Madrid ddmt need a pen. They needed a red, and an offside goal. That was more than enough. I don't blame real for bayerns collapse that's on them but Ita very understandable. They were drained plus witnessing a clear off side goal an casemiro was still playing. 10v10 and real would have never won that game.

raimondo90 7 years ago

And in regards to the robben penalty today it was indeed a penalty. Robben over reacted like always but casemiro was late to the tackle. That should have also been his second booking.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I was at a buddy's house watching this game, so I'm a little bit late to this discussion.

As always refs got to screw things up and I got to comment on it, feels bad.

Anyway, the pen WAS a pen. It also a super soft pen that I personally wouldn't have given, but that's nevertheless a pen. A second yellow also would've been extremely harsh because the foul was so soft and it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. Fouls in the box are not default yellows, remember.

I didn't see the red card because I was elbow deep in a pizza, I'll need to dig up some replays on that one first.

Ronaldo's goal was offside, but anyone who doesn't understand why the assistant doesn't flag it is retarded. Ronaldo is stepping back and Douglas Costa is flying. While it seems obvious on replay, on the channel me and my buds were watching it on they played it full speed a few times and it really isn't obvious at all. This is one of those times when I'll mention video technology again, because that's the only time you're going to get calls like those right. If the assistant isn't sure, he can't flag. And if he can't flag, offside goals get scored. Feels bad man.

I also just bombed a stats final exam today, so I'm more pessimistic than usual, as you can probably tell.

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I know a lot of people will be saying ref won the game for Real but I don't care. And I disagree.

For one, Vidal should have gotten a red way sooner with his tackle just outside of their box. There was almost exact same type of a faul on Casemiro inside the box that Robben got a penalty for, and no call.

Further, look at Bayerns goals. One penalty, one ridiculous own goal.

They did not deserve to go through.

Anynody comparing this to the Barca - PSG game are either biased or need their eyes checked.

In anyway, I really don't care for everybody's indignation. Not once did Real dive, not once did we swarm the ref. We just got on and played our game. Even after the pen Even after the own goal. Even after what should have been a red, and what should have been a pen.

At the end, something HAD to give. We are in the semis!!!

Hala Madrid!!

And by the way, CR: YOU ARE THE GOAT!

• History

I know a lot of people will be saying ref won't the game for Real but I don't care. And I disagree.

For one, Vidal should have gotten a red way sooner with his tackle just outside of their box. There was almost exact same type of a faul on Casemiro inside the box that Robben got a penalty for, and no call.

Anynody comparing this to the Barca - PSG game are either biased or need their eyes checked.

In anyway, I really don't care for everybody's indignation. Not once did Real dive, not once did we swarm the ref. We just got on and played our game. Even after the pen
Even after the own goal. Even after what should have been a red, and what should have been a pen.

Hala Madrid!!

I know a lot of people will be saying ref won the game for Real but I don't care. And I disagree.

In anyway, I really don't care for everybody's indignation. Not once did Real dive, not once did we swarm the ref. We just got on and played our game. Even after the pen
Even after the own goal. Even after what should have been a red, and what should have been a pen.

Hala Madrid!!

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So how is the ref cheating for Real if in both games the both penalties for Bayern were suspicious?
Specially in this last game, if the ref was fixing the game he would never blow the wistle which would allow Bayern to take the lead in the game, makes no sense.

PSG got no penalties vs Barcelona, it's not comparable, Real vs Bayern went to extra time again not comparable.

Blame Vidal for sliding with both feet from behind, that's a yellow no matter who you play, if you think it's not a yellow then Robben clearly dived for that penalty as well because Casemiro didn't even have that much of a contact with Robben either.

The offside goal didn't even need to kill the game, if Bayern attacked and scored they would have gone through but Marcelo passed 4 or 5 players and created another goal and he was already running like a mad man whole game, so basically if 1 Marcelo can do that someone from Bayern stopped playing and didn't try hard enough.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

And honestly Bayern left Cristiano unmarked for all the goals he scored, offside or not you can't do that lol...

Daggerwall 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

Really sad but this is football and sometimes calls can go against you. The only way to reduce this is to have video technology available for the referees but I worry if that'll take away the live experience of football.

raimondo90 7 years ago

^why would you mark an offside player? That is stupid. If anything you are giving him more of an opportunity to be onside.

So your defense for this game is that Bayern should have been more focus on attack and according in stead of the refs being competent enough to make the right calls instead of being intimidated by a team?

Casmeiro getting a red would of had a big impact in the following game as well. Which is even more irritating.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

^why would you mark an offside player? That is stupid. If anything you are giving him more of an opportunity to be onside.

Because he needs to be marked, you can fail the offside trap like that very easy he just needs to take 1 step to the left and he's onside and you're still not marking him and he scores, very simple. That compared to Barcelona getting penalties is nothing really.

So your defense for this game is that Bayern should have been more focus on attack and according in stead of the refs being competent enough to make the right calls instead of being intimidated by a team?

Truth is Cristiano scored for the score of 2:2, it's far from over for Bayern. Then Marcelo goes past 4 players and creates a goal solo. That killed the game, nobody was intimidated Real played fair on the pitch whole game.

Casmeiro getting a red would of had a big impact in the following game as well. Which is even more irritating.

Why would he get a red, did anyone complain? The penalty was given but it was almost no contact, so how come he should get a red but Vidal should walk away after that agressive sliding tackle with both feet? Make up your story.