Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Leagues of 2016-2017
Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, after a long term run for 16-17 season, a couple leagues have decided their respectful champions.

Champions

1. Bundesliga: Bayern Munich %100

2. Premier League: Chelsea %100

3. Primeira Liga: Benfica %100

4. Russian Premier League: Spartak Moscow %100

5. Ukrainian Pari-Match League: Shakhtar Donetsk %100

6. Eredivisie: Feyenoord %100

7. Ligue 1: Monaco %100

8. Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %100

9. Serie A: Juventus %100

10. LaLiga: Real Madrid %100

Almost Champions

1. Süper Lig: Beşiktaş %82 - İstanbul Başakşehir %18

*Will be updated.

European Success

• LaLiga has been once again the best.
  • Ligue 1 has made a great run, with Monaco and PSG in CL and Lyon in EL. More successful than previous years.
  • Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues on UEFA points. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.
  • Premier League has been successful in one way. Leicester made an historical run. But the others have disappointed once again. Only Manchester United is still in the competition. But haven't met a serious opponent.
  • Bundesliga couldn't manage to qualify for Semi Finals of UCL after 6 years. (Correct me if I am wrong)
  • For Serie A, Juventus reached the Finals and got the most points in Europe. They've doubled Napoli and Roma on UEFA points.
  • For Süper Lig; after 13 years, a team apart from Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray and Trabzonspor has finished their European groups as leaders. Other than that there was nothing too significant except Beşiktaş.
  • Ukrainian League have been a disappointment, worst season in latest years after Shakhtar's elimination to CeltaVigo.
  • Ajax has reached to the Finals, being the only hope for Eredivisie.
  • Zenit has dissappointed the Russians, Rostov and Krosnodar made a good run for their expectations.
  • Primeira Liga has gotten less points than the previous years after both Benfica and Porto are eliminated in Ro16 in UCL.

My Top11

(Competitiveness, European Success, Good Football)

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

My surprise prediction: Monaco, Lyon and PSG in Europe and Nice in the Ligue have raised their ranks this year for me

3. Premier League
Chelsea won the league with relative ease, Manchester United has reached the Finals who are 6th in League and Leicester played in Quarters while playing not to relegate. But mostly boring games between mid and low table teams.

4. Bundesliga
I would actually consider Bundesliga and Serie A as equals but teams like Leipzig, Hoffenheim etc being so persistent makes Germans 4th

5. Serie A
Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.

6. Süper Lig
Beşiktaş obviously. And Başakşehir are still in the competition which makes the league more entertaining. Osmanlıspor finished first in group while they were below mid table in Turkey. Fenerbahçe finished above the Finalists in Group Stage.

7. Eredivisie
Ajax are the Finalists yet they couldn't won the league. Feyenoord started the League with an amazing run. And the champions weren't decided until the last week. Entertaining

8. Belgium Jupiler Pro League
Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against eachother in Europe with surprise results.

9. Russian Premier League
I would actually put the Russians in higher place but could not find a place.

10. Primeira Liga

11. Ukrainian Premier League

What are your opinions? If you disagree with me please explain why you don't agree.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, after a long term run for 16-17 season, a couple leagues have decided their respectful champions.

Champions

Almost Champions

1. Ligue 1: Monaco %88 - PSG %12
  2. Serie A: Juventus %92 - Roma %8

Play-offs

• Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %60 - Club Brugge %40

Neck and Neck

1. LaLiga: Real Madrid %62 - Barcelona %38

2. Süper Lig: Beşiktaş %62 - İstanbul Başakşehir %38

*Will be updated.

European Success

• Ligue 1 has made a great run, with Monaco and PSG in CL and Lyon in EL. More successful than previous years.
  • Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.
  • Premier League has been successful in one way. Leicester made an historical run. But the others have disappointed once again. Only Manchester United is still in the competition. But haven't met a serious opponent.
  • Bundesliga couldn't manage to qualify for Semi Finals of UCL after 6 years. (Correct me if I am wrong)
  • For Serie A, Juventus reached the Finals and got the most points in Europe. They've doubled Napoli and Roma on UEFA points.
  • For Süper Lig; after 13 years, a team apart from Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray and Trabzonspor has finished their European groups as leaders. Other than that there was nothing too significant except Beşiktaş.
  • Ukrainian League have been a disappointment, worst season in latest years after Shakhtar's elimination to CeltaVigo.
  • Zenit has dissappointed the Russians, Rostov and Krosnodar made a good run for their expectations.
  • Primeira Liga has gotten less points than the previous years after both Benfica and Porto are eliminated in Ro16 in UCL.

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

My surprise prediction: Monaco, Lyon and PSG in Europe and Nice in the Ligue have raised their ranks this year for me

3. Premier League
Chelsea won the league with relative ease, Manchester United has reached the Finals who are 6th in League and Leicester played in Quarters while playing not to relegate. But mostly boring games between mid and low table teams.

4. Bundesliga
I would actually consider Bundesliga and Serie A as equals but teams like Leipzig, Hoffenheim etc being so persistent makes Germans 4th

5. Serie A

• Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.*

6. Süper Lig
Beşiktaş obviously. And Başakşehir are still in the competition which makes the league more entertaining. Osmanlıspor finished first in group while they were below mid table in Turkey. Fenerbahçe finished above the Finalists in Group Stage.

7. Eredivisie
Ajax are the Finalists yet they couldn't won the league. Feyenoord started the League with an amazing run. And the champions weren't decided until the last week. Entertaining

Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against in eachother in Europe with surprise results.

*I would actually put the Russians in higher place but could not find a place.

10. Primeira Liga

What are your opinions? If you disagree with me please explain why you don't agree.

Champions

Almost Champions

Play-offs

Neck and Neck

*Will be updated.

European Success

• Jupiler Pro League has been significant in Europa League. Claimed their 6th place after top5 Leagues. But did not leave an important impact in Champions League. Club Brugge has failed to get a point in arguably the easiest Group in CL.

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

3. Premier League

4. Bundesliga

5. Serie A

• Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.*

6. Süper Lig

7. Eredivisie

Their teams' Europa League run have been awesome. Even Genk-Gent played against in eachother in Europe with surprise results.

10. Primeira Liga

Champions

Almost Champions

Play-offs

Neck and Neck

*Will be updated.

European Success

My Top11

1. La Liga

2. Ligue 1

3. Premier League

4. Bundesliga

5. Serie A
Juventus reached the Finals, Napoli was eliminated to Real Madrid. Juventus was comfortable in the league as always. They got a little bit too comfortable on latest weeks. But teams other than top3 being too inconsistent makes the League 5.

6. Süper Lig

7. Eredivisie

10. Primeira Liga

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm pleased to see Ligue 1 doing better. God knows the French league needed some competition to spice everything up.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

ligue 1 and serie a were the best to watch. la liga obviously real madrid vs barca as usual.

roma spanked juve yesterday. can take away our 6th scudetto.

monaco and psg were in a chase till the end.

epl was decided since december/january. chelsea was going to be the winner.

bundesliga? lol

• History

ligue 1 and serie a were the best.

roma spanked juve yesterday. can take away our 6th scudetto.

monaco and psg were in a chase till the end.

epl was decided since december/january. chelsea was going to be the winner.

bundesliga? lol

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Great thread, the only thing I disagree is on 8 and 9. Personally, I'd swap them, but other than that I agree.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm slowly being sold on Ligue 1. I'm starting to think I should watch them more than the Premier League. Some very good quality football being played in France.

Besiktas 149 3375

@Gonzi I don't think Roma can take away that from you since Juventus only needs 1 win from the 2 games. Maybe if Crotone would play to death, because they will be playing not to relegate, they can make a surprise which is still unlikely.
But Bologna has nothing to play for. It would be a miracle for Juventus to throw it away.
Edit: I don't think Juventus cared for Roma game to be fair.

• History

@Gonzi I don't think Roma can take away that from you since Juventus only needs 1 win from the 2 games. Maybe if Crotone would play to death, because they will be playing not to relegate, they can make a surprise which is still unlikely.
But Bologna has nothing to play for. It would be a miracle for Juventus to throw it away.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Great thread!! Very insightful too.

I haven't enjoyed League 1 as much except the top 3 clubs are definitely interesting to watch.

La Liga's quality is relatively high as usual but Real and Barca's dominant is as predicted.

Serie A is definitely way more interesting to watch compare to previous seasons and I cant wait for them to get back like 15 years ago.

EPL is to me the most interesting one purely due to the fight from 2 to 7. Even Chelsea might win it comfortably, it's always unpredictable when it comes to face the other 5 behind them. Outside of those 7, I agree with Emerecan the quality is quite low and sometimes look rather headless.

Can't say much about Bundesliga, hasn't watched much, but in those few games I watched, too boring.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan_Jinn

I haven't enjoyed League 1 as much except the top 3 clubs are definitely interesting to watch.

Then you propably didn't watch much of Marseille and Lyon, they doesn't alway play too good, but when they do, they rip their opponent apart. :)

Nice to see Spartak Moscow winning it for a change in the Russian Premier League, still hope Rostov will manage to get their hand on the trophy at one point. Russian Premier League is alway underated though imo.

Juve rested some player against Roma before Copa Italia final no doubt. They will need to be at their best against Lazio who have become good again it seem. ;)

Anyway, great thread your made there Emre, your the best (one of them at least) bro. ;)

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Good to see some different opinions because I was having doubts about the 4th and 5th place. Still could not convince myself for putting Serie A at 5.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Gonna be sincere, Serie A and Bundesliga, its hard to chose one of those two to be over the other. Would say they are tied in fact for me. ;)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: you are right, I haven't watched enough of those indeed.

Although, isn't that what they do till now even before this season? May be I am a bit bias toward Serie A, I tend to adore Serie A's tactical ability and technique than the old simple League 1. I might definitely change that after this year though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn I also feel a bit bias toward serie A, not for the same reason, team just seem to have so much more history when compared to the Bundesliga and there is also many decent team in there that just seem a bit more interesting in term of player. I mean seriously, Lazio, Atalanta, the two Milan, Fiorentina, Torino and even team like Sampdoria, Udinese and Sassuolo just end up leaving much more of an impression on me. :)

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot Yeah considering the history and the names, Serie A is of course at higher places. But I've only considered this season in this thread. Also what I want to mention is; before the season, I had some expectations for Sassuolo but they've disappointed me big time. That's actually my biggest dissappointment for Serie A.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Emrecan I get you about Sassuolo, considering last year and the quality of their player, they could have aimed for Europa League this season. Instead, they are stuck at the fourtheenth place. :(

• History

@Emrecan I get you about Sassuolo, considering last year and the quality of their player, they could have aimed for Europa League this season. Instead, they are stuck at the fourtheen place. :(

Besiktas 149 3375

Updated:
Ligue 1: Monaco %100
LaLiga: Real Madrid %82 - Barcelona %18
Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %80 - Club Brugge %20
First title after 17 years. Congrats Monaco.

• History

Updated: Ligue 1: Monaco %100

First title after 17 years. Congrats.

Updated:

Updated:
Jupiler Pro League: Anderlecht %80 - Club Brugge %20

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

For me PL turned boring except the derbies. La Liga was always boring for me. Don't know why but I just don't like it. I enjoy Bundesliga and Serie A the most, then PL and then Ligue 1. La Liga is last amongst top 5s league. And then there is Eredivisie. However by success it's completely around - La Liga 1st without a doubt, then Serie A/Ligue 1 and PL also. Sadly Bundesliga didn't have club in European semis but was undoubtely close to.

538 11432

Monaco for the win! Great to see someone other than PSG win Ligue 1 for once. Actually, I wouldn't mind if ligue 1 would become a 2 or 3 horse race, its alway better than Bundesliga and Serie A who aren't been very competitive in a long time. :( Tough, it would be even greater if we could have even more team than Monaco and PSG compete for the first place next year. :D

• History

Monaco for the win! Great to see someone other than PSG win Ligue 1 for once. Actually, I wouldn't mind if ligue 1 would become a 2 or 3 horse race, its alway better than Bundesliga and Serie A who aren't been very competitive in a long time. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I suggest you guys not to miss tomorrow's most important game in Bundesliga

Hamburg vs Wolfsburg ↓enter image description here

Besiktas 149 3375

I did not know there was a relegation play-off in Bundesliga for 16th place. I feel so ignorant right now.

Edit: It seems like there is a relegation play-off in Ligue 1 too.

Ligue 1

Lorient vs Troyes

Bundesliga

Wolfsburg vs Braunschweig

• History

I did not know there was a relegation play-off in Bundesliga for 16th place. I feel so ignorant right now.

Lorient vs Troyes

Lorient vs Troyes

Besiktas 149 3375

Update: Forgot about Anderlecht. Congrats for the 34th championship.

• History
538 11432

@Emrecan Lorient vs Troyes should be interesting, no matter who win, it will be a team who have been in Ligue 1 already recently (Troyes was in ligue 1 last season if I'm not mistaken).

Also, pretty sad about Wolfburg. Hope they remain up. Still Emre, what terrible karma for Mario Gomez, I mean, he leave you guys last summer and now look at the situation, Wolfburg fight for relegation while Besiktas are looking set to win another super league. Not saying that what he deserved and that he should regret it but still, the irony is real.

Also, Anderlecht are propably one of the most impressive Belgian team in the world Imo, too bad they are still inferior to other top team in europe though. :(

• History

@Emrecan Lorient vs Troyes should be interesting, no matter who win, it will be a team who have been in Ligue 1 already recently (Troyes was in ligue 1 last season if I'm not mistaken).

Also, pretty sad about Wolfburg. Hope they remain up. Still Emre, what terrible karma for Mario Gomez, I mean, he leave you guys last summer and now look at the situation, Wolfburg fight for relegation while Besiktas are looking set to win another super league. Not saying that what he deserved and that he should regret it but still, the irony is real.

Also, Anderlecht are propably one of the most impressive Belgian team in the world Imo, too bad they are still inferior to other big team of the the bigger league. :(