Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best matches you've seen live..
saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Hey guys!! So in this thread I want everybody to mention some of the best football matches they have seen live and why they think that it is worth mentioning. Not seeing the match live and then watching the highlights after seeing the score doesn't count. I only started watching football seriously in the 2014 world cup so all these are recent matches.

My personal favourites are - (Maybe this list is biased in favour of Man United, but I can't help it :)

1. Liverpool 4-3 Dortmund (Europa League 15/16)
    Totally crazy match, Liverpool were losing 1-3 at one point and came back brilliantly to win 4-3. Also it was Klopp's first meeting with Dortmund at Anfield. The Kop's support was phenomenal that night.

2. Bayern Munich 4-2 Juventus (Champions League 15/16)
    Juventus had raced into a 2-0 away lead, but then Bayern scored 2 goals to make it 2-2 at the end of 90 minutes, and then scored 2 more in extra time. I was awake till 4 AM here to watch this match till the end.

3. Man Utd 4-2 Man City (Premier League 14/15)
    Nobody expected us to win, everybody expected us to lose heavily, Aguero even scored first. But then we roared back with 4 goals. Aguero's second goal was a mere consolation.

4. Netherlands 5-1 Spain (World Cup 2014)
    I'm sure everybody remembers this match, if only for that diving header for Van Persie. Netherlands took revenge for their 2010 final loss. This was the match that really consolidated my love affair with Van Persie XD.

5. Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool (Premier League 14/15)
    Nowhere near the other matches on this list in terms of drama or goals scored, but on a personal level it was very special because I was watching this match with a Liverpool fan, and beating them 3-0 under the Old Trafford floodlights was really very joyful.

That's the top 5 for me, feel free to share any number of matches you like. :D

Comments
bluezz 8 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

My favourite match since starting watching football in 2008, Chelsea 4-1 Napoli i was in a camp and was the only chelsea fan there and everyone told me chelsea are gonna get knocked out as we were 3-1 down on the first leg but i told them we'll win 2-0 and drogba and terry were gonna score. i was so confident about that game, thats how good the old chelsea were :/ i watch the highlights of this game every now and then because for me this match showed who we are, as a club.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Barcelona 4-0 AC Milan
Spain 1-0 Holland (2010 WC)
Spain 1-5 Holland
Manchester City 3-2 QPR
Brazil 1-7 Germany

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Real Madrid 2–6 Barcelona (2009 La Liga)
Chelsea 2–2 Barcelona (2012 UCL semifinal)
Spain 1–5 Netherlands (2014 WC groupstage)
Brazil 1–7 Germany (2014 WC semifinal)
Bayern 4–2 Juventus (2016 UCL last 16)
Hungary 3–3 Portugal (2016 Euro groupstages)

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

4:0 down?

4rshavin

Liverpool evening of dreams

I think I could post these videos all day and yet I will forget some of the best matches :)

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

real madrid 3-4 barcelona

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Live on TV, too many to name to be honest but the ones that I'll never forget are:

Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 5 Manchester United back in 2001. losing 3-0 on half-time then scoring 5 in the second half and winning the game was something special to see. As a 11 year old, I was running around the house like a crazy person, was super happy we won it :)

Liverpool vs AC Milan Champions league final was unreal to watch as well.

Arsenal 4-4 Liverpool when Arshavin scored 4. The whole of Russia was super proud.

When Russia beat Holland to make it to Euro semi-finals.

Yeah like I said, just waaaay too many matches to name.

Live on the stadium though.

Manchester United vs Thailand in 2001. I was 11 years old and I went to see them with my dad. At that time I was supporting United for 2 years already and that was my first match on the stadium and it was Manchester United. Beckham; Giggs; Scholes; Neville; Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the best days in my life and something I'll never forget.

Barcelona vs Bec-Tero All Stars friendly in 2002. I don't remember the match to be honest, I just remember Barcelona winning the match on penalties, but the special thing was their manager at the time gave me the jersey after the match :)

Real Madrid vs Thailand in 2005. That was UNREAL! I went to see the training session the day before the match and all the legends were there, Beckham; Zidane; Figo; Roberto Carlos holy shit! The next day I saw them playing and one thing I'll never forget is the way Zidane played. It was out of this world, it was a friendly match, but Zidane was taking it seriously and he was playing like it was El Clasico and everytime he touched the ball it was crazy. Just wow.

Barcelona vs Thai All-Stars 2013. It goes without saying that it was special because of Messi :) and it was the match where Neymar scored his first ever goal for Barcelona.

There are a lot more matches I saw on the stadiums, it's always nice watching football on the stadium, completely different from watching on TV.

DarioUtd 8 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal.... was just fantastic!!

Brazil 1-7 Germany.... Unbelievable, tho i kind of predicted that Germany would win, as Brazil were without Neymar (injured).

Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich.... i predicted a draw, but Messi...!! Just sensational!!

Reading 5-7 Arsenal.... couldn't believe it! What a comeback!!

Man City 1-3 Leicester.... what a season for Leicester!!

They are my top 5 matches i have seen live... :)

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Very hard to pick in my mind many clasicos, 5-0, 2-6 and 0-3 where Ronaldinho got Bernabeu applause.
France - Brazil in 2006, old ZIdane facing Ronaldo, Adriano, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Juninho.... With the help of Henry, Abidal and Makelele 1-0 in a magical atmosphere supposed last ZIdane game against the WC holders.
Brazil- Germany 1-7 didn't enjoyed it at all, it weird feeling as if it was unreal, horrible defensive mistakes.
Algeria - Germany where David was close to knock Golliath from WC, Neuer was playing as a winger lol.
Two many games, CL finals including Barca, comebacks...

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

I think I will alway remember the Barca-Juventus game from the CL final, it was my first final live, back then I didn't knew as much about football and it was great. The game was also pretty decent. The Euro final was painful to watch as I was taking for France, same thing with last season CL final where I was cheering for Atletico. I liked the last Manchester Derby, it was something else.

Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bayern 4-2 Juventus
Barcelona 3-1 United
United 8-2 Arsenal
Real Madrid 4-0 Bayern
Bayern 4-0 Barcelona
Bayern 3-0 Barcelona
Germany 7-1 Brazil
Real Madrid 4-1 Atletico (2012)
Germany 4-0 Argentina
Spain 1-0 Germany
Inter 3-1 Barcelona
Real Madrid 2-2 Barcelona (2011/12)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bayern 4-2 Juventus
Barcelona 3-1 United
United 8-2 Arsenal
Real Madrid 4-0 Bayern
Bayern 4-0 Barcelona
Bayern 3-0 Barcelona
Germany 7-1 Brazil
Real Madrid 4-1 Atletico (2012)
Germany 4-0 Argentina
Real Madrid 2-2 Barcelona (2011/12)

LucasR 8 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 0 9

Barca-Valencia Liga del rey final

Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Croatia 3-0 Germany, World Cup quarters, 1998.

No one can know how much emotions this brought to Croatians. First World Cup in our history, it's been only 3 years after end of war. Germany was favorites like always. They had Bierhoff and Klinsmann in attack. We ended up getting third place (I think it's best debut on WC but not sure).