Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Player by Nationality Threads?
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, I was thinking of making threads where we would discuss and nominate the best player this season by nationality. I think we could proceed in two phase, we would first all propose 6 nominee and after a while, we would proceed to a vote. If we ever did Portugal and Argentina, we would not include Ronaldo and Messi because they would obviously win it, which mean it would be to find the second best player for their nationality. So, are you guys in?

Leave suggestion and idea in your post below. Also, propose which nation you would like us to start with first if you are for it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I was thinking of making thread where we would discuss and nominate the best player this season by nationality. I think we could proceed in two phase, we would first all propose 6 nominee and after a while, we would proceed to a vote. If we ever did Portugal and Argentina, we would not include Ronaldo and Messi because they would obviously win it, which mean it would be to find the second best player for their nationality. So, are you guys in?

Leave suggestion and idea in your post below. Also, propose which nation you would like us to start with first if you are for it.

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Sure, but I'd say limit to like the nationalities participating in the WC or like the top 30 in FIFA ranking. If not there's just too many and some most people don't even care or follow.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yepppp!!! great idea. Or we can vote top 10 national team first. To avoid flooded, or by tiers!

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

good idea, something like who played at their best during qualifiers

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

good idea, omething like who played at their best during qualifiers

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Gonzi Thats actually also a good idea though I was more thinking of taking club level as well into consideration.

As the nation selected, we are obviously gonna focus on team with lots of quality player to keep this entertaining, after, what would be the point of picking Poland or Austria, Lewandoski and Alaba would win without any doubt and most of us might actually have a hard time naming 6 player from those country.

I propose we first begin with biggest and most well known nation in term of players like the following:

1. Germany
  2. Brazil
  3. Belgium
  4. Portugal (Ronaldo not included)
  5. Argentina (Messi not included)
  6. France
  7. Spain
  8. England
  9. Netherland
  10. Italy

Once we are done with those, we could actually start thinking about doing others one, what do you guys think?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Hahahhahahaha I was going to make this thread, the predictor gave me an idea, but instead pick players who I think would have a bigger impact. I say yes.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Thats actually an interesting proposition, maybe you should make it. :)

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Germany - sane
Brazil - marcelo
Belgium - de bruyne
Portugal - bernardo silva
Argentina - otamendi
France - mbappe/umtiti - can't choose
Spain - de gea/sergio ramos - ahhh
England - kane
Netherland - dost
Italy - immobile

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is going to escalate intolerance.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Gonzi Dude, wait a sec, we are just choosing the nation as of now.

@Marcus2011 If we use poll, I don't see why it would.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Great idea, maybe we could do it with young players too?

Now it doesn't really matter in which way we go. Just important that we do a lot of teams.

kenkichiotaka 6 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Sounds like a great idea! When are we gonna begin the poll then? lol

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Pretty soon, no worry, I'll open the first thread and then we'll share nominee, after a few people have proposed, we'll take the six more popular and make a vote to see which one is considered the best.