Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Team to Support?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, as you know, I'm a neutral football fan and have been for a while now. I've been thinking about supporting a side for a while now and many of you have been wanting that as well. However, if I'm being sincere, I don't feel quite sure enough to make a decision at the moment. Too many good possibility sadly for me to make a choice yet.

However, I would like for you guys to help me out with this, or at least, to get out the argument to support a team over another. it can even be yours. At the very least, its should be interesting to make a discussion out of it. So go ahead, get your best argument out to share which team are the best to support. ;)

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

There is no real answer you need to see which football culture you like.
Start by which player you like and then see if you also like that team as a whole, then ask yourself if you can see yourself supporting that brand even if the players you like were not there.

Think about the club as a whole, about their attitude and expectations, are you willing to support a team that is happy to stay in the first league or are you willing to support a team that wants to win everything each season?

Do you like the club logo, colors, shirt, fans everything related should tell you if it fits you or not.

You need to say what league you would like your team to play in at least.

If you open yourself up there can be better suggestions that would fit you, otherwise it's easy to suggest -

hey look man look here I like Chelsea it's the best club with a nice mentality and fans but we don't have long sleeve shirts cause Nike doesn't want to make them but you are free to chill and be happy when we win or just read the newspaper if you're bored since it's all about bleeding blue but with no worries nor stress cause even if we lose we are at least the only club from London that was Champion of Europe so become a lion and be proud and don't worry much about Millwall we are lions too.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I wouldn't mind supporting a team in the PL, maybe La Liga, as long as the team play attractive football and aren't in a one horse league, I might consider them. And that Millwall comment made me laugh a lot more than it should.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's really up to you. It's hard to convince someone to be a fan of a certain team given that a die hard fan could give serious arguments to just about any team. Just think about your tastes. Some teams are big on youth other just rather buy talent. Some teams have certain restrictions like Bilbao. Or look locally to teams near. Some have history some are more recent. Ajax is pretty cool (kinda hard to watch their league though). Spain has a few teams that are a joy, Girona Is becoming great with the backing of City.

In my example I'm a Valencia fan mainly cus I remember watching TV in the 2000s and seeing a lot of Valencia and those memories stayed with me they were one of the best back then. Boca was my second team but I don't really enjoy Argentine football anymore so I'm hardly a fan. But I enjoy multiple teams from many countries. I've got stupid reasons to like a few teams like Derby, Leeds and Shrewsbury from england just because I used those teams in FIFA career mode lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@raimondo I'm supporting Montreal Impact locally. :) And I understand the fact you like team because of Fifa career mode, I will alway appreciate club that I played in that game, like Swansea, Torino or CSKA Moscow. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@raimondo I'm supporting Montreal Impact locally. :) And I understand the team you liked because of Fifa career mode, I will alway appreciate club that I played in that game, like Swansea, Torino or CSKA Moscow. :)

@raimondo I'm supporting Montreal Impact locally. :) And I understand the face you like team because of Fifa career mode, I will alway appreciate club that I played in that game, like Swansea, Torino or CSKA Moscow. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Looks like the only option for you is a blue team like Man City.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Emobot7, this should be a personal decision. Don't let others do the work for you and make the choice yourself, and most importantly, stick to it.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Don't make a choice at all. It will eventually just happen, and for you has probably started to happen already. You will get sad when the team loses, happy when they succeed, feel a need to follow the news surrounding them, and eventually they will be a part of your life. Most people (myself included) experience this with a player first, but the team comes not long after.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

You guys are absolutely right, but you know, I wouldn't mind seeing argument never the less, like what Golazo did, if only for the sake of argument. :) I think it would make for a good thread.

uncle_touchy 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Sunderland it is.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

First sign you're fan of some club is that you get frustrated on the bad results IMO. I'm still gonna go with few clubs that I like to watch, maybe you should check them out.

Lazio - by far my favorite team in Serie A, they don't really spend much money but have great squad and great manager. Best attack with Napoli in Serie A. Some players worth noting: Strakosha (young GK, one of best in Serie A), de Vrij (he'll probably leave for PL though), Lucas Leiva (great in Italy), Marušić (really promising wingback), Milinković-Savić (you already know him for sure), Luis Alberto (former Liverpool player, now one of best playmakers in Italy), Immobile (keeping on pace with CR7, Salah and Messi), Anderson (tricky Brazilian winger, was linked with United), Lukaku's brother, Luiz Felipe (good young CB) and that's it.

RB Leipzig - they have money but rely on finding cheap talents around the world. In great terms with Salzburg and play great football. Key players: Klostermann (fast fullback), Orban (captain and really good CB), Upamecano (one of best prospects at CB), Kampl (good creative CM), Keita (he's leaving though), Bruma (fantastic winger), Forsberg (one of best playmakers in Germany, sadly didn't have best season), Poulsen+Werner (best striker duo in Germany), Augustin (young talent they got from PSG), Sabitzer (another good playmaker/winger), Demme (destroyer), Lookman (on loan), Konate (another young French CB), Mvogo (will become first option when Gulacsi drops in form), Laimer (great Austrian talent), Abouchabaka (one of best talents in his age group). Also need to know that they are unexperienced, thus drops in form and drops from European competitions.

Hoffenheim - I think I don't need to introduce them, they got great young manger, good playstyle and bunch of great players. But not much fans, even in Germany ;(

Wouldn't mind having another Bayern fan in forum though :/

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Emo

I think choosing to support a European club after so following football for quite a while seems a bit forced. Maybe if you move to Marseille or something like that in the future, that decision might come naturally, but until then I think sticking with Montreal by itself seems reasonable, which may be why you've stayed neutral so far.

It's a bit like how I weakly followed the NBA for quite a while, without being drawn in enough to support a team, so now that I follow the league more closely, I find myself staying neutral, as its hard to just randomly force an attraction. If I was to go live in a city with an NBA team, then I'd probably start fully supporting them.

Chelsea were literally the first football club I knew, and it was some time until I heard of any other clubs, so that came naturally if you know what I'm saying.

Being neutral can be fun though, as I'm sure you've noticed. You can still root for a team in a particular game.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

But if you definitely want to start supporting a club right now I'd suggest...

enter image description here

• History

But if you definitely want to start supporting a club right now I'd suggest

(removed)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 About proposing I support Burnley: enter image description here

@uncle_touchy Its the first time you said something that actually made me laugh. XD

@Croatian I could do worse than supporting Bayern, but sadly, I do love Borussia Dortmund. I do like to encourage Bayern in CL though. :) And yeah, Lazio and Leipzig are incredible side, I could certainly get behind the idea of supporting them, especially if they manage to keep up their player and their form.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Nothing wrong with supporting Burnley. You'll be supporting the same club as the Prince of Wales if you do ;)

538 11432

@iHEART I'm joking, its because its a running gag I got going on the forum that I really don't like them. The worse is I don't really have a reason not to like them. I just don't. :P

• History

@iHEART I'm joking, its because its a running gag I got going on the forum that I really don't like them. The worse is I don't really have a reason not to like them. I just don't for some reason. :P

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@Emobot7: If you don't have anything in common with any specific team, or some kind of history linking you to one... then pick a team that a good friend/family member supports or the rivals of that team. You can then watch games together either cheering for different teams or same. It has worked excellently for some ppl I know.

• History

If you don't have anything in common with any specific team, or some kind of history linking you to one... then pick a team that a good friend/family member supports or the rivals of that team. You can then watch games together either cheering for different teams or same. It has worked excellently for some ppl I know.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@Eden17Hazard17: You follow nba? I've been supporting Jazz for some 3 years now... But I've watched regularly since the era of Shaq/Kobe, and maybe even before that. Never forget NBA JAM on supernintendo LOL. After many years with no specific team to support I decided to go with Jazz. I chose them because they had a few players I liked and their play. But what I mainly did was to chose the team with least number of fans on their facebook page (back then), because I didn't want to be regarded as a bandwagon. :)))

538 11432

@Pelle I don't know a lot of people in real life who are into football though. :( In Canada, everyone seem only to care about Hockey, the only people I know who know about are kids. T_T

• History

@Pelle I don't a lot of people in real life who are into football though. :(

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Pelle

When I was growing up, Karl Malone and John Stockton had been doing their thing for a decade. Two fantastic players, and I've always had a strong amount of respect for the Jazz as a result. If it wasn't for Jordan and company, they probably would've won at least 2-3 finals.