Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Borussia Dortmund
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Strengths:

FINISHING- One of the best in the world. Known to finish many chances!
COMEBACK RATE- Again, known for coming behind to getting a result.
Attacking set pieces
Wingplay
Individual skill
Holding the lead
Defending set pieces

Weaknesses:

STOPPING CHANCES FROM BEING CREATED- Terrible for a team like Dortmund! Should be highly improved!
Stopping long shots
Winning air battles
Defending counters

Style of play:

Possession
Short passing
Running through the middle
Controlling matches
Offside trap
Rotation of line up
Non aggressive

Top five players in Bundesliga

1. Aubameyang
  2. Dembele
  3. Sokratis
  4. Guerreiro
  5. Schurrle

Top five players in Champions League

1. Reus ( simply due to that Madrid impact)
  2. Kagawa
  3. Guerreiro
  4. Aubameyang
  5. Dembele

Best Bundesliga line up

Burki
Piszczek
Sokratis
Ginter
Schmelzer
Weigl
Pulisic
Castro
Guerreiro
Dembele
Aubameyang

Best Champions League lineup

Burki
Piszczek
Sokratis
Bartra
Schmelzer
Weigl
Pulisic
Gotze
Castro
Dembele
Aubameyang

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Interesting to read your thoughts on Dortmund, not far off, but i definitely would not say one of our strengths is holding a lead, it is easily one of our biggest weaknesses.

Hence our position in the table.

I also don't know why Reus is omitted from both your lineups.

To add - our biggest strengths are one touch football
quickpassing
quick counter attacks
Decent midfield possision, Weigl is great at controlling the game
Sokratis is easily one of our biggest defensive assets
Yes dortmund has individual talent but we don't win games from individual skill, we win games from team play and essentially pass the ball into the net , so you cant really attribute that to individual skill

Our biggest weakness

Holding onto a lead
we need a more reliable second goalie
Very vulnerable to counter attacks

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Interesting to read your thoughts on Dortmund, not far off, but i definitely would not say one of our strengths is holding a lead, it is easily one of our biggest weaknesses.

Hence our position in the table.

I also don't know why Reus is omitted from both your lineups.

To add - our biggest strengths are one touch football
quickpassing
quick counter attacks
Decent midfield possision, Weigl is great at controlling the game
Sokratis is easily one of our biggest defensive assets
Yes dortmund has individual talent but we dont not win games from individual skill, we win games from team play and essentially pass the ball into the net , so you cant really attribute that to individual skill

Our biggest weakness

Holding onto a lead
we need a more reliable second goalie
Very vulnerable to counter attacks

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited

Reus is ommited simply due to injury, and I thought it would be fair to give players I thought are underated a place, like Pulisic.I'll agree you might need more of a backup to Aubameyang, but hopefully Isak fixes that up, possibly making way for Ramos. I added the holding on the lead part due to matches like Bayern Munich in which ended 1 0 in favour to Dortmund, they did well to keep the score in their favour. I agree with you on Weigl A LOT in fact. That guy along with Dembele, and potentially Pulisic can become big players. Other than that, I pretty much agree.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Reus is ommited simply due to injury, and I thought it would be fair to give players I thought are underated a place, like Pulisic. I'll agree you might need more of a backup to Aubameyang, but hopefully Isak fixes that up, possibly making way for Ramos. I agree with you on Weigl A LOT in fact. That guy along with Dembele, and potentially Pulisic can become big players. Other than that, I pretty much agree.

mladen 7 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

I had sympathies about Dortmund till I released their transfer policy .All those TOP young talents who are singed by Dortmund are there just to go to bigger teams, probably Bayern and that fact really pissing me off . There were stories that Bayern saved them from bancrupt once upon a time ,but still..... not fair towards BVB fans to sell Lewa,Humels,Gotze to BAYERN. Reus is still there cos he is loyal... or just injury prone ..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@mladen Well, it did happen in the past but I'm sure that BVB will have learn from this and manage to conserve more of their player. Beside, the advantage of having that many foreign talent is that if they do leave, they are propably not all going to leave for Bayern (as Bayern will alway have a bigger priority toward German player), so they won't lose them all to a direct rival.

amir_keal 7 years ago

I can understand Hummels however. He came from Bayern. I'll agree on the rest though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@amir_keal Well, I can understand him but I still understand all of the people who hate him for it. Especially considering he seemed to hate Bayern with a passion before he started thinking of moving and was even calling out Gotze for betraying BVB. I think his action made him look like an hypocrite, but I can still see that doesn't take away the fact he is one of the best CB in the Bundesliga.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Yeah :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I think no fan could hate BVB even Bayern fans do love and respect the team.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@tiki_taka Indeed, they are a bit like the Liverpool of the Bundesliga only with much more respect from their rival and their fanbase. Then again, if BVB start winning the league, Bayern fanbase might like them a bit less if you see what I mean. XD