Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Brazil in World Cup 2018
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, considering they were so much pressure on Brazil to perform this year, it certainly feel like this year tournament was a dissapointement for them but to what level? Worse than their 2014 performance? They certainly didn't go as far althought they looked much more convincing this time around. Also, which player do you think was the best for them. Neymar was obviously very good despite all the controversy especially as the tournament advanced but I personally thought Coutinho was incredible and very consitent for them. What do you guys think though?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I was quite surprised to see Brazil being knocked out so soon, considering how convincing their run had been until facing Belgium.

Don't get me started with Neymar. He's an embarrassment to modern football. A man with god-given talent continuously pulls off frustrating antics in one of the most broadcasted events in the world is a sad sight for all football fans. Makes my blood boil to know that he got away with his last one (disgusting refereeing).

Feel sorry for his teammates, they deserve so much more, especially Countinho! He performed brilliantly throughout this tournament, high praise to him, but that's all I can really say about Brazil in general. Again, the high-profiled names in that line up haven't delivered. Maybe it's just the fact that Belgium were simply better, let's not discredit them for winning in a convincing fashion.

It seems as though England have passed the media curse on to Brazil. They might require a change in foundation in order to compete again (like Southgate did), but that might sound extremely risky to do.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I was quite surprised to see Brazil being knocked out so soon, considering how convincing their run had been until facing Belgium.

Don't get me started with Neymar. He's an embarrassment to modern football. A man with god-given talent continuously pulls off frustrating antics in one of the most broadcasted events in the world is a sad sight for all football fans. Makes my blood boil to know that he got away with his last one (disgusting refereeing). Feel sorry for his teammates, they deserve so much more, especially Countinho! He performed brilliantly throughout this tournament, high praise to him, but that's all I can really say about Brazil in general. It seems as though England have passed the media curse on to Brazil. They might require a change in foundation in order to compete again.

Don't get me started with Neymar. He's an embarrassment to modern football. A man with god-given talent continuously pulls off frustrating antics in one of the most broadcasted events in the world is a sad sight for all football fans. Makes my blood boil to know that he got away with his last one (disgusting refereeing). Feel sorry for his teammates, they deserve so much more, especially Countinho! He performed brilliantly throughout this tournament, high praise to him, but that's all I can really say about Brazil in general.

It seems as though England have passed the media curse on to Brazil. They might require a change in foundation in order to compete again (like Southgate did), but that might sound extremely risky to do.

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Their problem was lack of precision in the final third. Against Belgium they could have scored 4 goals but they couldn't finish. They was the second half started made me think Brazil would turn it around quick but unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be.

Neymar is a disappointment. Diving any chance he had. Also had more haircuts than goals.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Their problem was lack of precision in the final third. Against Belgium they could have scored 4 goals but they couldn't finish. They was the second half started made me think Brazil would turn it around quick but unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Neymar is a disappointment. Diving any chance he had. Also had more haircuts than goals.

Lol

I agree with Raimondo's point about not taking their chances, but I think their mid was problem. Their defence was good until Belgium but one of the goals was their own mistake. I feel it's somehow undeserved though. Costa changed the game and they were robbed a clear problem.

This makes me sometimes feel that the problem isn't VAR or anything, it's the referee choosing the decision. I hope a method comes soon to prevent huge calls like this going the wrong way.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

considering how convincing their run had been until facing Belgium.

@♥ I disagree a little about this claim, they drew on their first game against Switzerland, walking on the pitch whole game. and Switzerland were not machines in that game. Here again the Swiss goal came from a stupid corner conceding and a naive marking in the corner.

Against Costa Rica, they needed a goal in 92th min with 7 min injury time, the game ended 2-0 but they were far from convincing and Neymar second goal was a cheap tap in... they could have ended with 2 pts before the final game.

3rd game was a little more controlled but the opponent was not a Huge one.

what i though and some analysts had their opinions too is : For me they got a hard pre-competition training and they were physically short so they were going to progress during the tournment, but an analyst brought the mental aspect which is not to be ignored. this brazil trashed Qualifiers, didnt lost for 13 month but the pressure wearing yellow shirt is comparable of what Argentinians feel each competition, Huge pressure...

their 1/8 final game was not impressive eaither against Mexico, Mexicans could have done better with 1 or 2 quality players in some positions....

Actually i wont defend Neymar antics, i hate them just like CR. I completely hate this new divas in modern football hunting spotlight and changing hair cuts ( Pogba can be included )...

But Neymar cannot be pointed as the only responsible, what he did 4 years ago was incredible but you cannot have the momentum luck and everything in your side each time. he was the most fouled player of the tournment because he kept the ball again and again and i said that Neymar was making Brazil unbalanced. cutting the wing to Marcelo who is topp 3 in the world there, Cutting Coutinho his runs from wings to middle and poor Willian-Fagner, they never seen the ball this world cup which made them unconfident when suddenly Brazil decided to play Right...

You have also an FA problem, the physical-mental preparation wasnt 100% ok, at 0-2 players vs Belgium stopped playing and had fear. It happened in 2014 vs Germany with different players, they were lucky not to concede more early in the game.

But if they kept calm and score the 2-1 before half time, Belgium wouldnt have parked the bus and i think even so Brazil would have equalized in time.

Back to Neymar, flopped first game, scored second with decent performence, better in third. vs Mexico scored and assisted ?

AND VS Belgium is Augusto scored the gift of Neymar, or Coutinho, or if Courtois was shorter he would have been the saver, unluckily for him nor him or his teammates converted...

Coutinho was best Brazilian in world cup ( yes objectively he was barca has nothing to do with it ;p ).

But saying Ney flopped badly is not true, between flopping and being a hero a small line of details, like teammates scoring the chances created, or the shots getting into net or outside by centimeters.... i judge on impact and workrate because these details are LUCK.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

vs Mexico scored and assisted ?

One thing that has been bothering me for a while, the second goal wasn't an assist for Neymar, to me, its obvious Ochoa has a touch, slight but present enough to redirect Neymar shot attempt to Firmino.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yep right, didn’t remember well.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Don't worry about it, I'm mainly saying it because a lot of the commentator on the channel I watched the game thought it was an assist. I mean sure, he still technically made the goal happen, but for me, it was a shot on goal so it shouldn't count as a assist. To me at least. :P