Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BREAKING: Cheick Tiote dies after collapsing during training
alferroa 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

Cheick Tiote's agent confirmed that Tiote has died after collapsing during a training session on Monday. The former Newcastle United player was rushed to the hospital in Beijing, but emergency services have failed to revive him.

Tiote was training with his second division Chinese club Beijing Enterprises, when he suddenly passed out and was rushed to the hospital. Here's what the agent Emanuele Palladino said:

"It is with deep sadness that I confirm that my client Cheick Tiote sadly passed away earlier today after collapsing in training with his club Beijing Enterprises. We cannot say any more at the moment and we request that his family's privacy be respected at this difficult time. "We ask for all your prayers."

A statement from Beijing Enterprises also confirmed the news of Tiote’s death:

“At 6pm on June 5th, Mr Cheick Tiote fell unconscious to the ground during training. He was immediately taken to hospital, but unfortunately died at 7pm on June 5th. We have informed his relatives of his death. After joining Beijing Enterprises Group FC on February 5th 2017, Mr Tiote has made a great contribution to the club and has received plaudits from the coaching staff and team-mates for his superb ability and professionalism. We hereby express our sincere condolences following Mr Tiote’s unfortunate death."

A statement from Newcastle United said:

"We are devastated to have learned of the tragic passing of Cheick Tiote at the age of just 30. The thoughts of everyone at Newcastle United are with Cheick's family, friends, team-mates and everyone connected with the clubs he represented."

Rest in Peace Tiote.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Cheick Tiote's agent confirmed that Tiote has died after collapsing during a training session on Monday. The former Newcastle United player was rushed to the hospital in Beijing, but emergency services have failed to revive him.

Tiote was training with his second division Chinese club Beijing Enterprises, when he suddenly passed out and was rushed to the hospital. Here's what the agent Emanuele Palladino said:

"It is with deep sadness that I confirm that my client Cheick Tiote sadly passed away earlier today after collapsing in training with his club Beijing Enterprises. We cannot say any more at the moment and we request that his family's privacy be respected at this difficult time. "We ask for all your prayers."

“At 6pm on June 5th, Mr Cheick Tiote fell unconscious to the ground during training. He was immediately taken to hospital, but unfortunately died at 7pm on June 5th. We have informed his relatives of his death. After joining Beijing Enterprises Group FC on February 5th 2017, Mr Tiote has made a great contribution to the club and has received plaudits from the coaching staff and team-mates for his superb ability and professionalism. “We hereby express our sincere condolences following Mr Tiote’s unfortunate death.

Rest in Peace Tiote.

“At 6pm on June 5th, Mr Cheick Tiote fell unconscious to the ground during training. He was immediately taken to hospital, but unfortunately died at 7pm on June 5th. We have informed his relatives of his death. After joining Beijing Enterprises Group FC on February 5th 2017, Mr Tiote has made a great contribution to the club and has received plaudits from the coaching staff and team-mates for his superb ability and professionalism. “We hereby express our sincere condolences following Mr Tiote’s unfortunate death.

A statement from Newcastle United said:

"We are devastated to have learned of the tragic passing of Cheick Tiote at the age of just 30. The thoughts of everyone at Newcastle United are with Cheick's family, friends, team-mates and everyone connected with the clubs he represented."

Rest in Peace Tiote.

Comments
liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Oooh RIP

Aiden_Finland 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

RIP he really was a strong DM when he played for Newcastle. Very bad news :(

• History

RIP he really was a strong DM when he played for Newcastle.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

:( Rest in Peace Chieck.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Rest in peace, so sad!

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Wow, that's really sad. I remember him being a real transfer target for us a while back. RIP.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

What the hell??? That was so sudden and unexpected. RIP :(

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

R.I.P
Cheick gave his everything in every game. So sad :(

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

R.I.P. :(

will never forget your 25 yard volley against us.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

RIP :(

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

RIP.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

When I heard the news I did not believe at first but then after this tweet, I was shocked...

RIP.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Terrible news, so sad to hear. I didn't know a lot about him but it is still quite a shock. May he rest in peace. :(

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He was fasting . Probably made whatever he had worse

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^ thanks for showing respect

Madridista11 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

^ I'm sure he meant no harm with that comment.

Anyway Marcus, I doubt that fasting had an effect because it is scientifically proven to be healthy. But who knows? I mean, any person would be excused from fasting if they have a health complication, but as far as we know, this just happened all of a sudden :(

• History

^ I'm sure he meant no harm with that comment.

Anyway Marcus, I doubt that fasting had an affect because it is scientifically proven to be healthy. But who knows? I mean, any person would be excused from fasting if they have a health complication, but as far as we know, this just happened all of a sudden :(