Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BREAKING! Nemanja Matic signs for Manchester United! :)
DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Manchester United have completed the signing of Nemanja Matic from Chelsea for £40m on a three-year deal.

enter image description here

The midfielder, 28, becomes United's third summer buy after £31m defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica and £75m striker Romelu Lukaku from Everton.
United manager Jose Mourinho described Matic as a "team player" who has "everything we want in a footballer; loyalty, consistency, ambition".
Matic said he was "delighted" to be joining at "an exciting time".
The Serbia midfielder added: "To work with Jose Mourinho once again was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.
"I have enjoyed my time at Chelsea and would like to thank the club and the fans for their support. I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and to start training with them."

Personally i think this is a great signing, as it will unleash Paul Pogba and give him much more freedom up-front. While Herrera and Matic will probably sit back and help the defense. (And park the bus even more! Lol!) ;)

What are your thoughts on this? :)

Comments
Joe_Manchester 7 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

Yeah....

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I'm so excited about this. Totally excited about this. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I'm so exited about this. Totally excited about this. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lol @Sun.

Welcome to the Red Devils

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Seriously, you people. Matic is class. I remember watching him play last season I barely saw him lose a one on one. He is so tall and can muscled nearly anybody off the ball, a superb defensive midfielder imo who can be suprisingly creative sometime. Also, he doesn't shoot at goal very often but when he does... well, I just leave my friend Zouma here explain it to you.

enter image description here

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Matic is phenomenal. At the end of the season you'll look back at this and realise that Matic was the final piece and without him, you wouldn't have won the league.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

That is 1 thing Mou is brilliant at...signing the right players to make the team the best the can without having to make wholesale changes

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Nigel: i disagree. May be Mou in the past till Inter's time. Not the recent Mou.

The recent Mou just splashes money for short term solution. But still he is among the best in term of result.

I still struggle to enjoy his football sometimes. But Im really looking forward to this season, especially when Mou is at his best.

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

the only short term purchase he has made since being at united was ibra.. other than that he bought pogba-23, baillly-22, mkhitaryan-27, lukaku-24, lindelof-22, matic-28

I don't see these as short term tbh...he is definitely looking to the future...especially since he claims he wants to stay another 15 years

• History

the only short term purchase he has made since being at united was ibra.. other than that he bought pogba-24, baillly-23, mkhitaryan-27, lukaku-24, lindelof-22, matic-28

I don't see these as short term tbh...he is definitely looking to the future...especially since he claims he wants to stay another 15 years

the only short term purchase he has made since being at united was ibra.. other than that he bought pogba-24, baillly-22, mkhitaryan-27, lukaku-24, lindelof-22, matic-28

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Pogba - Matic - Herrera is a pretty sexy midfield, will be tough to break them down

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@nigelpayne

Mourinho said that both times he was with us. I don't think he'll ever last 15 years at a top club.

• History

@nigelpayne

Mourinho said that both time he was with us. I don't think he'll ever last 15 years at a top club.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I dont think United even needs Matic, if I had to be honest. Id have gotten someone like Fabinho instead

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

no offense amir but exact reason why choosing players like Fabinho is why Arsenal hasn't won league in the past 13 years ..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Don't worry as long as he manage to get a CL spot and to win trophy even smaller one, they will keep him. XD

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Marcus: haha :D that's savage!

amir_keal 7 years ago

Marcus2011

And choosing players like Matic is why United have finished below us in the last 4 years :)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@amir , I promise you this season with Mourinho having his strong squad , they won't finish below you . and Matic will literally walking into Arsenal's squad just like Cech did even at that age .

amir_keal 7 years ago

United will never finish above us, I can say that for sure, and only 2014 Matic would walk our team, not 2017 Matic. Just look at the first two comments. United fans moaned about Fellaini since he was signed but they also seem unhappy about Matic, even though he is replacing Fellaini.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

United will never finish above us, I can say that for sure, and only 2014 Matic would walk our team, not 2017 Matic. Just look at the first two comments. United fans moaned about Fellaini since he was signed but they also seem unhappy about Matic, even though he is replacing Fellaini.

I wouldn't confuse myself with the average United fan. I'm incredibly pessimistic. The vast majority of the fan base seems to think this is the second coming. Fellaini was a panic buy by a manager who was biased towards him and didn't realize that a slow midfield destroyer wouldn't work in a side that was built on fast counters. God I miss Moyes, said no one ever.

Besides, if we're being honest, the last four years have been United trying to get its sh*t together. The second we do, and I'll believe it when I see it and not before, the EPL is ours. Always has been, always will be.

That last statement is a bit off-brand for me.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Sorry mate, the EPL doesn't belong to United, it belong to the one who make it crown (the cup in this case) its own, be it United, City, Chelsea or even Leicester. ;)