Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Can Real Madrid make it 3 in a row?
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Only 3 teams have won Champions League 3 times in a row;
Real Madrid 5 times in a row in the 1950's
Bayern Munich and Ajax in the 1970's

Since Champions League has been established in the 1990's Real Madrid is the first team to defend their European title, but do they have the strenght to make their legacy even bigger?

Similarities from the previous season;
Their most important player Ronaldo is once again having a somewhat slow start, due to his 5 match ban after winning the Spanish Super Cup.
Differences;
Real Madrid doesn't have the depth from last season as James and Morata changed clubs.

Some interesting stats about a key player Kroos:

Most Champions League passes completed:

2013/14 = Kroos (1,059)
2014/15 = Kroos (796)
2015/16 = Kroos (882)
2016/17 = Kroos (771)

Most chances created in the Champions League last season:

T. Kroos (33)
D. Alves (31)
Neymar (25)
Koke (25)
L. Moura (25)

Most chances created in the Champions League since 2012/13:

T. Kroos (125)
C. Ronaldo (103)
P. Lahm (103)
Koke (102)
L. Messi (97)

Ronaldo looks hungry to play and he is the current top scorer and top assist player in the history of this competition;

Most Champions League goals & assists in since 2012/13:

Cristiano Ronaldo (82)
Lionel Messi (53)
Robert Lewandowski (47)

A very important season for all top clubs and players given the fact that the World Cup is right around the corner, it will affect players fitness for sure but at the same time everyone wants to win both titles.

Cool article for this thread: http://sport360.com/article/football/real-madrid/248097/angry-cristiano-ronaldo-on-a-mission-and-if-real-madrid-win-third-straight-champions-league-title-they-may-be-best-ever/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Only 3 teams have won Champions League 3 times in a row;
Real Madrid 5 times in a row in the 1950's
Bayern Munich and Ajax in the 1970's

Since Champions League has been established in the 1990's Real Madrid is the first team to defend their European title, but do they have the strenght to make their legacy even bigger?

Similarities from the previous season;
Their most important player Ronaldo is once again having a somewhat slow start, due to his 5 match ban after winning the Spanish Super Cup.
Differences;
Real Madrid doesn't have the depth from last season as James and Morata changed clubs.

Some interesting stats about a key player Kroos:

Most Champions League passes completed:

2013/14 = Kroos (1,059)
2014/15 = Kroos (796)
2015/16 = Kroos (882)
2016/17 = Kroos (771)

Most chances created in the Champions League last season:

T. Kroos (33)
D. Alves (31)
Neymar (25)
Koke (25)
L. Moura (25)

Most chances created in the Champions League since 2012/13:

T. Kroos (125)
C. Ronaldo (103)
P. Lahm (103)
Koke (102)
L. Messi (97)

Ronaldo looks hungry to play and he is the current top scorer and top assist player in the history of this competition;

Most Champions League goals & assists in since 2012/13:

Cristiano Ronaldo (82)
Lionel Messi (53)
Robert Lewandowski (47)

A very important season for all top clubs in players given the fact that the World Cup is right around the corner, it will affect players fitness for sure but at the same time everyone wants to win both titles.

Cool article for this thread: http://sport360.com/article/football/real-madrid/248097/angry-cristiano-ronaldo-on-a-mission-and-if-real-madrid-win-third-straight-champions-league-title-they-may-be-best-ever/

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm going to go with no. Madrid lost some legit depth over the window, and didn't really replace any of it. With the league looking like it's going to be a battle, I can't see Zidane resting players the way he did last season.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I said no last year, but I was proven wrong. Atm, I say no but if Zidane continues to play Marcelo at LM for resting players then in a one off he may get it. Too early tho.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I think they can but it won't be easy because, right now, they are the team everyone want to beat, they have less depth than last season and there is many side who want to have their revenge on them, like Bayern, Atletico Madrid and Juventus.

Yvan21 7 years ago Edited
0 440

We're a weaker team than last season no doubt. For me, it depends how much Bale and Benzema can contribute up front. At the moment they've been off-form, but if they can boost up their performances then that'll help with Cristiano getting rested and saved for the big games. Anything can happen though

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We're a weaker team than last year no doubt. For me, it depends how much Bale and Benzema can contribute up front. At the moment they've been off-form, but if they can boost up their performances then that'll help with Cristiano getting rested and saved for the big games. Anything can happen though

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

In theory they can looking at the depth (still, despite loosing some during the transfer window).

Some are aging and some are less effective, but some young players are boosting too.

As long as they can keep their mid as strong as last year, and Marcelo is still in good form, Ramos still can score crucial goal, Ronaldo still as clinical as he always has been. Which I THINK THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. I think yes.

WIth the additional improvement from Assensio,

They still is as heavy contender as they were last year.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

It's not going to be the fact Real Madrid maybe aren't as good as last year that could cost them to trophy for a third year in a row, it will be the improvement of other teams e.g. PSG.

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

I honestly hope they do. Bale needs to get his former shape back and remain uninjured, though.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Real madrid is real madrid, they are always contenders to win the trophy.
The champions league trophy is a magnet to them, specially with zidane as their manager.