Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Carlo Ancelotti Sacked by Bayern Munich
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

http://www.espnfc.com/bayern-munich/story/3215502/bayern-munich-part-company-with-coach-carlo-ancelotti-after-psg-defeat
Bayern Munich part company with coach Carlo Ancelotti after PSG defeat

I didn't follow Bayern Munich when Carlo was involved but this is sad news to me. I watched the first half of the game yesterday and I have to say that aside from the fact that Bayern was COMPLETELY unlucky, PSG capitalized on the counter and were the better finishers. Not to mention the fact that had Neuer been there the game could've looked a bit differently.

Thoughts? Also @Croatian I remember seeing your thread a few days back. Is this how you expected things to end?

Comments
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Bayern fans want attacking football like we always played. And some organization. Guardiola had most of it and every normal non-biased Bayern fan will say to you that Guardiola did very decent for adapting his football to German team. Ancelotti didn't do it quite well and he deserves chance in other club.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Sorry that it didn't work out, I honestly thought it would. Good luck, hope your team comes back on track now.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Croatian To be honest with you, Carlo did very well with us considering we had 5 major injuries in our starting lineup the year he got sacked. However, we didn't get the best version of Ancelotti. He didn't perform well against Barcelona overall in the two seasons and we got especially rekt by Atletico on many occasions. Also, we lost a lot against beatable teams during crunch time (Valencia's tie and Celta's win come to mind). So although I didn't follow Bayern last year and the beginning of this season, I can understand why he was sacked. The old man is close to losing his genius it seems.

BUT, I do not agree with the following statement:

We dominated and in the end won against Real in 2011/12

I don't know what games you were watching. If I remember correctly, it ended with a 3-3 and went to penalties. Your team had plenty of chances and so did ours. It was one of the most competitive and challenging match-ups I've seen in my years of watching the game.

Btw, I had to take a cold shower after those shoot-outs. It was a brutal loss not because we were outplayed, but because we had met out equal and Ramos' penalty could've made the difference.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Unless Bayern finds a really good man they will make Bundesliga finally interesting.

Anyway on sacking, don't know why he wasn't given a little longer Also last season started poorly and got better midseason, so opposite of Pep

PSG game was bad too yes, but remember last year Real finish 2nd and still win ucl. Maybe something like copa America can happen. Once Chile and Argentina were together and Chile finished 2nd. But they beat Argentina who was 1st.

The point is, Carlo could have been initiative if he had time!! Another point is group stages is irrelevant now too, they don't call Carloo knockout master for no reason you know.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think the biggest issue was that Carlo had lost a part of the dressing room. And when your key players are against you, its very hard to have a successful season. Its sad, but we've seen it time and time again.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ah more like 2011/12 Bayern got a bit lucky with ref decisions against Real. Otherwise it was very equal contest and I personally think Real should have went through

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Since Raimondo brought it up again, what was the reason behind Ancelotti losing the trust of some of his players? I wonder if they were just not on board with his tactics or were salty because they thought they were getting overlooked in the lineups. Ancelotti is just the best at managing egos in my experience. He was unarguably the most respected and liked Madrid manager in recent years (not including Zidane). Yes he won the 10th title for Madrid, but even after his last season the majority of supporters wanted him to continue and so did the players.
Anyway, the point is that perhaps Bayern has to address this issue of players having too much power in the dressing room. Firing Ancelotti almost feels like caving to these players desires which only makes them more powerful. If they can do it to a renowned manager like Ancelotti then I'd be really concerned what they'll do to Nagelsmann or Tuchel if the results are not there.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Ancelotti managing Italy.. That would be Amazing!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yvan: agree

Croatian 7 years ago

@Madridista, not quite right term I picked for it. Defo match was exciting and probably one of best matches of this century. Both Bayern and Real were absolute peak teams. In first match we were better team, Real was very good too. But we had much better chances and in the end we deserved to win, second match was more exciting and even better. If I remember correctly, first goal was after di Maria shot the ball and it hit Alaba in arm (while he was trying to tackle). Penalty or not, second goal was offside. Also I remember Pepe did handball once when we got freekick, if first goal was penalty that was supposed to be too (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm getting this out of my head so it may not be 100% correct).

@Yvan, players were absolutely right to be mad. Ancelotti's approach was really unproffesional from what I've heard. From trainings, lineups to picking players. Bild reported that he just walked in to locker room and put paper on wall with names on it, left the room without saying a word, and then everyone got pissed off. Which is reasonable. Also yes, Ancelotti is great man-manager from his past experiences. But our team is full of egos. Heynckes managed them well, because result was there. When we are in bad form and he does shit like that, of course those egos will get mad. He also had Hummels against him. Why? Because he played high-line and our best defender for that is Hummels, who was left on bench.

Muller has power in our dressing room because he is our legend already despite being still young for a player. Lewandowski is powerful because he is our best player (and he is angrier at the board, not Ancelotti). Robben and Ribery are powerful because they are here for longest time out of all. I already said why Hummels was mad.

In the end, Nagelsmann's approach to players and his will to give them chances is better than Carlo at the moment. Tuchel's is not, but board can help him. Nagelsmann has all qualities and I'm pretty sure he could and would address the problems in squad. Last seasons 18 players played more than 10 matches in Bundesliga, none of them complained, most of them were on top form, and in Bayern there are currently two players he has worked with in last season (Rudy and Sule) and he is working with Gnabry right now. I think Nagelsmann can handle it.

Croatian 7 years ago

Willy Sagnol decided to play Javi back in midfield against Hertha, with Boateng and Hummels in defence and Robbery on wings. Man he got perfect formation for match vs PSG, sadly we don't have second chance soon :/ and he didn't put Fruchtl for this game, smart decision. Really like how he setup the game, wonder how will it look when it starts.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Croatian I find that hard to believe because it really doesn't sound like Ancelotti. Certainly not what I'd expect from someone who's shown in the different clubs he's been in to be calm and laid back.So I'll take them as what they are, rumors with no official confirmation of any sort. Plus, if it was true then wouldn't it make sense for the outrage among the entire squad to be shared equally, and not just the "five players against Ancelotti" as stated by Hoeness? Lewandowski even thanked Ancelotti publicly in his twitter account. It really does not add up for me for only 5 players to be angry if it is true that Ancelotti was being that unprofessional with the whole squad.

Respect comes first before anything, and it does not matter whether a player has been in the club for 10 years or 1 month, they're there to be managed by the manager. It becomes a huge problem when they think they can do whatever they see fit. Perhaps it is time for players like Robben and Ribery to step aside if they cannot accept a secondary role in the squad, but instead create a bad atmosphere within the locker room.

Also, what makes you think that the board will help Tuchel dealing with his approach to the players, if when the time came to show support to the manager they instead showed it to a handful of players? :p
Hopefully it does work out in the end for Bayern. Next manager will have to be very careful to not get on any of these players' list of enemies, because if he does then we know what will follow shortly after that.

@wolfie I didn't even think about that :o I'd love to see that going into the world cup, but I'm reading he might replace Wenger at Arsenal, which is exciting too!

Croatian 7 years ago

@Yvan, fuck this, wrote so much words only to accidentally close wrong tab. Anyways, he is summary of what I wrote.

I find that hard to believe because it really doesn't sound like Ancelotti. Certainly not what I'd expect from someone who's shown in the different clubs he's been in to be calm and laid back.So I'll take them as what they are, rumors with no official confirmation of any sort.

Me too, mate. But this isn't same Ancelotti imo. His approach to game has changed, and I bet he got tired by people wanting him to leave. That just reminds me how stubborn Wenger is at times. Imo Ancelotti left at right time for both his career and Bayern.

Plus, if it was true then wouldn't it make sense for the outrage among the entire squad to be shared equally, and not just the "five players against Ancelotti" as stated by Hoeness?

Who would be mad at him? As I explained, Muller didn't accept system Ancelotti was forcing, Robben and Ribery didn't accept to be benched at such an important game, Boateng and Hummels didn't accept being benched by Sule and Javi in system they would work better. But all these players who got mad are key players and we can't risk them getting mad at board and team because that would make us collapse.

Lewandowski even thanked Ancelotti publicly in his twitter account.

Lewandowski accepted working under Ancelotti, I think he even said that Ancelotti was his favorite manager or something similiar, also Lewandowski isn't mad at Ancelotti but on board because of transfer politics.

Perhaps it is time for players like Robben and Ribery to step aside if they cannot accept a secondary role in the squad, but instead create a bad atmosphere within the locker room.

They need to fix up their mentality, they get angry after getting subbed off after doing nothing for 65 mins. And their form this season in general is shit, and all this influences locker room a lot.

Also, what makes you think that the board will help Tuchel dealing with his approach to the players, if when the time came to show support to the manager they instead showed it to a handful of players? :p
Hopefully it does work out in the end for Bayern. Next manager will have to be very careful to not get on any of these players' list of enemies, because if he does then we know what will follow shortly after that

Because Tuchel is man who would need to save our season, manager who is 44 and manager who had unique ideas and experiments a lot. Huge portion of Bayern fans insist on Tuchel or Nagelsmann (I think next is Poch with less than 5% in some random survey). Because it didn't work with Ancelotti, board needs to work more actively and logically with coach. Tuchel was kicked out of Dortmund because of problems with board, fans and players. He is very direct coach and that may not be likeable amongst some players. He also isn't god of defensive tactics so we need someone who knows how to do that too (Sagnol judging from this match, nope).

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Wolfie Or he could take over Inter :D

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Croatian lol that sucks. But I was saying Lewandowski would be upset or angry because of how unprofessional Ancelotti was if the rumors Bild published were real :p I just don't buy what some papers publish unless it's backed up by a credible source. Aside from that, I agree with you with Robben and Ribery's bad attitude. It makes the job of the manager that much more difficult to have such volatile personalities in the squad, that if you somehow manage to push the wrong buttons then you can kiss your managerial position goodbye.
They can be key players and all, but when the level of power they have gets to their heads and become toxic for the well being of the team then that's a problem for sure.
Right, I hope that's the case and the board has a more active role this time and uses this as a learning experience for what's to come with the next manager, but I have my doubts so we'll see about that.
Probably a bit harsh on the save our season thing lol, but I understand. You guys still haven't lost any of the big titles and hopefully got plenty of time to straighten things up before the decisive months of the season come around. Good luck with that just not against Madrid ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Wolfie Now that would make for an interesting WC. :D

Croatian 7 years ago

@Yvan, agree with everything you said, we need some stuff fixed before new manager comes.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Everything I heard recently point out to Tuchel, make the most sense for me cause he one of the only good German ref who is out of job as of now. Personally, I think that its for the best, he has more experience with big name player and with european football than Nagelsmann.

United_Hates_Blues 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

If only arsenal could have the balls like the German board. Wenger in.

Croatian 7 years ago

@Emo, maybe but Nagelsmann is more of a game-changer than Tuchel. However Tuchel is big favorite since he is free agent so yeah, wouldn't mind if he takes over. They are basically friends, they worked with eachother a lot.