Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ÇARŞI Fans face life in prison for 'coup attempt' during Gezi protests
Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

*The Beşiktaş football club’s most famous supporter group is known for its left-leaning ideology and emphatic dissident stanc*e on a panoply of topics, as well as their sensitivity to social movements.

Prosecutors have demanded aggravated life imprisonment for 35 members of the iconic supporter group of Beşiktaş, çArşı, on charges of “attempting to overthrow the government” in Arab Spring-like fashion for leading last year’s Gezi protests in Istanbul, Turkish media reported Sept. 8.

The indictment submitted to the court has accused çArşı members of establishing anorganization and attempting “to create an image similar to the Arab Spring that could be provided to the foreign press with the aim of ousting the legal Turkish government by illegal means.”

The Beşiktaş football club’s most famous supporter group is known for its left-leaning ideology and emphatic dissident stance on a panoply of topics, as well as their sensitivity to social movements. They played an important role in spreading the Gezi protests as they were among the first groups to continue demonstrating despite a brutal police crackdown on protesters following the first raids on Gezi Park last May.

Many çArşı members were detained during the protests as the group became a target of officials.
The fresh indictment reportedly prepared in the aftermath of a year-long investigation also alleged that the group attempted to invade the Prime Minister’s Office next to Dolmabahçe Palace during the protests.

It also said the leaders of the group, including Cem Yakışkan, Erol Özdil and Halil İbrahim Erol, incited protesters.

↑Saying: Tear Gas Oley

↑First reaching to Taksim Square and Gezi Parkı

↑With English Subtitles

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

*The Beşiktaş football club’s most famous supporter group is known for its left-leaning ideology and emphatic dissident stanc*e on a panoply of topics, as well as their sensitivity to social movements.

Prosecutors have demanded aggravated life imprisonment for 35 members of the iconic supporter group of Beşiktaş, çArşı, on charges of “attempting to overthrow the government” in Arab Spring-like fashion for leading last year’s Gezi protests in Istanbul, Turkish media reported Sept. 8.

The indictment submitted to the court has accused çArşı members of establishing anorganization and attempting “to create an image similar to the Arab Spring that could be provided to the foreign press with the aim of ousting the legal Turkish government by illegal means.”

The Beşiktaş football club’s most famous supporter group is known for its left-leaning ideology and emphatic dissident stance on a panoply of topics, as well as their sensitivity to social movements. They played an important role in spreading the Gezi protests as they were among the first groups to continue demonstrating despite a brutal police crackdown on protesters following the first raids on Gezi Park last May.

Many çArşı members were detained during the protests as the group became a target of officials.
The fresh indictment reportedly prepared in the aftermath of a year-long investigation also alleged that the group attempted to invade the Prime Minister’s Office next to Dolmabahçe Palace during the protests.

It also said the leaders of the group, including Cem Yakışkan, Erol Özdil and Halil İbrahim Erol, incited protesters.

↑With English Subtitles

They will never stop us !!!

↑With English Subtitles

Comments
Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Village schools help champaign

Always with the children who have leukemia

-Çarşı was there after eartquake in Van
-Çarşı was there after animal violence
-Çarşı was there against nuclear
-Çarşı was there after Soma mining disaster
-Çarşı was there after violence to women
-Çarşı was there supporting blood donation
-Çarşı was there after Racism
-Çarşı was there supporting disabled people

Now, we are terrorists ? You decide .

• History

-Çarşı was there supporting the kids in Ga.za

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

It happened to many clubs that their supporterts are wild and disrespectful,same happened with this group,but these arguments you shoved are good and for me there is no reason to call them terrorists.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Tayyip's police killed 14 years old boy in the protests and 7 more people. And Tayyip then said "terrorist" to these people who were students in universities.
Many fan groups were there like "Young Fenerbahçe Fans Group" and many Galatasaray fans, not just us. We were called İstanbul United.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Turkish government showed us last year how much they sucked to manage with the occupy Gezi protest, unfortunately, it's not very surprising to read that today...

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I had a good opinion about Erdogan and what he did in Turkey also about the international politic of your country...

What did the government to make the fans that angry ?

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Emrecan58

This form I remember should not be about politics ( at least what I have been told ) . Moderators themselves are breaking rules while preaching others about rules when they dislike something on forum . Especially this topic that has literally nothing to do with football other than that these guys supported Besiktas .

• History

Emrecan58

This form I remember should not be about politics ( at least what I have been told ) . Moderators themselves are braking rules while preaching others about rules when they dislike something on forum . Especially this topic that has literally nothing to do with football other than that these guys supported Besiktas .

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, it's my Fan Group who are facing life time Prison. And since there is no "real" Turks in the Forum and the Turks who are active in highlights agree with me; I thought that wasn't gonna be a big problem.
Anyway again, The thread is about that the first time a football fan group facing a prison sentence and that is the Fan group which I am a member in.
I will delete my opinions about Erdoğan so that you can be satisfied.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

Members of football firms constantly go to prison for many reasons. I see absolutely no need to start a discussion on this forum just because they support your favorite football club and member of your firm . If you want to spread message then take it to appropriate forms . Google it there are thousands of them in different languages .

Last summer Chelsea fan stabbed Arsenal fan in the face after game . No one made a thread because it is irrelevant .

Few years ago , In Russia members of football firms were arrested and went to prison on average for amount from 10 - 25 years after they started political pogrom in the city of Moscow, beating immigrants , crushing stores and calling for overthrow of government . Some of those firms have a strong Nazti roots . Should we discuss it ?

No , because it has nothing to do with football. It does not concern FIFA or UEFA or Football club . So , why should it concern us ? That some football hooligans on their spare time from football did things that now may cost them life and prison .

I call moderators to remove this thread .

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, I see you don't know anything about çArşı.
First of all I know you support killers and you normally think we are hooligans "normal for you"

How can hooligans get the emphaty award of the year?
How can hooligans be the biggest helpful group in a country?
How can football fans make a coup attampt?
How can people support kid murderers?
How can people be against democracy?
How can the biggest fan group in Turkey not concern it's Football club?
How does those you mentioned have to do with this situation?
What did çArşı fans do? Please explain what çArşı fans did and then I'll understand.

If a moderator thinks this thread should not be in the Forum, then they can remove it. But I won't.

How can I remain silent when my group "one of the biggest fan groups in the world" facing a life time prison?

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Marcus and the Turkish ultra : A perfect love story :).

Marcus2011 10 years ago

All i know is that 51 % voted for Erdogan to be president and that is bloody good for democratically elected leader . I am not going to be drawn into further this discussion . I suggest just a take flag in your hands and go out there just like your firm members to spread the news about tyrant . As longest you take it somewhere else . Here buddy let me give you forum link too : http://www.politicalforum.com/ .

Spread it there and share the tragedies that your firm went through and poor people of Turkey suffer daily for last 10 years already and will suffer . I am member of this forum and obey the rules and if rules says no PoLItics that means no politics. This topic has literally NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL !! When I voted for you to become moderator , i expected you to impose rules that we have set several months ago . You are accusing some politician of abusing powers while you yourself on this forum doing the same thing . Abusing power that forum members gave to you . So cut the crap .

@tiki mate, were not you accused of starting political thread or political discussions yourself not once but many times ? Can you please tell Emrecan how moderators dealt with it .

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Just saw this thread which was removed in 2014 while looking at my old threads.
I am now comfortable to update this, since every single one of the çArşı members have been acquitted last year after the judges that accused us for "coup attempt" have been changed because they weren't honest. Erdoğan stated his opinions about how wrong the decision was by trying to suppress the court decision but the decision was made.

Our fans were at the courthouse after the court decision.
enter image description here

Here is the link: Turkish football fans 'Çarşı' acquitted in 'coup trial'

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Politics have little effect on my life nowadays. At the end, what truly matters? You claim that your group is free from all of those accusations (and trust me Emre, I believe you) but others will also claim that your group is all of the things mentioned above. And who truly controls all of this sh!t? You guessed it, the media.

So I just hope for justice to take place, where ever that place is.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

^Agreed.