{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League and Europa League Final Matchdays of Group Stage
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Champions League Fixture

enter image description here

Group H: Lyon-Sevilla will be an interesting game since Lyon needs to beat Sevilla by at least two goals difference. If they score the first one things will get emotional.
Group G: If Copenhagen wins in Brugge and Porto loses a point or points against Leicester. Copenhagen will be through. Otherwise Porto will be through.
Group B: Too complicated to tell for the 3 teams. If we beat Kyiv and Benfica lose a point or points, Beşiktaş and Napoli are through. If Benfica beats Napoli and our match is drawn, Beşiktaş and Benfica will be through. If we lose Napoli and Benfica will be through. Napoli have the head-to-head advantage over Benfica, Benfica have the head-to-head advantage over Beşiktaş and Beşiktaş have the head-to-head advantage over Napoli. Beşiktaş is the only unbeaten team in this group.

Europa League Fixture

Group A
Feyenoord needs to beat Fenerbahçe if they want to go through. Manchester will be through with a draw. If ManU loses, then Feyenoord need only a win but if ManU don't lose Feyenoord needs to beat by at least two goals difference.
Group D
Not really interested to calculate this one :D
Group G
Celta Vigo and Standard Liege have the same points. So if their games end as a draw since they also have equal head to head. Will have to check the goal differences. Celta have +1, Standard have +2. If they are also the same will chek the goals scored by each team.
Group J
If Qarabağ and Paok wins 3 teams will have the same points(10) on top and will be too complicated. Since PAOK have the head-to-head advantage over Fiorentina,Qarabağ have the head-to-head advantage over PAOK and Fiorentina will probably have the head-to-head advantage over Qarabağ since they've won 5-1 on Matchday #2.
Otherwise Paok needs to take more points then Qarabağ to go through.
Group K
If Southampton draws 0-0 with Hapoel or gets a win they are through, otherwise Hapoel are through.
Group L
This is pretty interesting group.
If Osmanlıspor don't lose, they are through. If Zurich wins, they are through. If Zurich don't win and Villareal gets a point or points, Villareal are through. Steaua are through with a win or a draw with the game having at least 4 goals. (2-2,3-3,...).

I've calculated all of them except the Europa League Group D. So if I am wrong by any chance let me know.

Comments
cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

I hope Osmanlispor and Beşiktaş qualify out of the group and I wish they success. İt will be good to see them next matchs.

May the Best team win

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Great post! Interesting league! can't wait till the games start!

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@cr7real Thanks man.

@KTBFFHSWE Yeah, I am already too excited. Can't even imagine while watching the game :D

By the way, correction at Europa League group L

Steaua are through with a win or a draw with the game having at least 4 goals. (2-2,3-3,...).

Steaua are through with a win. A draw with the game having at least 4 goals. (2-2,3-3,...) will only be enough for them if Zürich don't win. If Zurich wins and the other game ends as a draw Zürich and Osmanlı are through.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Holy smokes, what happened to the Besiktas game? I predicted a 1-1 draw in the predictions game. :(

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well bloody hell, we're second. I guess it's time to face the big boys.

Napoli, Arsenal, Monaco, Juventus, and Leicester. I'm only concerned if we face Juventus. Otherwise, I'm pretty confident we can beat the others 90% of the time.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well bloody hell, we're second. I guess it's time to face the big boys.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, Group stage is over now. Here are the standings.
Special mention to Dortmund. Most goals scored in UEFA Champions League Group stage history with 21 goals.

@Dynastian98 Did you watch the penalty and red card decision at our game? I still believe that's not just a mistake. That was on purpose.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

The BVB vs Real Madrid game was one of the best game of the group stage. Epic comeback for the win. Still pissed about Lyon results though. :( Suprised to see Napoli top of their group at the end of the day. Congrats to Warsaw for Europa League, and hopefully, Bayern won't meet one of the big gun like last year. ;)

Top of their group: Arsenal, Napoli, Barca, Atletico Madrid, Monaco, BVB, Leicester, Juve
Second of their group: PSG, Benfica, Man City, Bayern, Leverskusen, Real Madrid, Porto, Sevilla

4/4 Spanish team
3/4 German team
3/4 English team
2/3 French team
2/3 Portuguese team
2/2 Italian team
And not a single team from another country, thats interesting. ;)

• History

The BVB vs Real Madrid game was one of the best game of the group stage. Epic comeback for the win. Still pissed about Lyon results though. :( Suprised to see Napoli top of their group at the end of the day. Congrats to Warsaw for Europa League, and hopefully, Bayern won't meet one of the big gun like last year. ;)

Top of their group: Arsenal, Napoli, Barca, Atletico Madrid, Monaco, BVB, Leicester, Juve
Second of their group: PSG, Benfica, Man City, Bayern, Leverskusen, Real Madrid, Porto, Sevilla

4/4 Spanish team
3/4 German team
3/4 English team
2/3 French team
2/3 Portuguese team
2/2 Italian team

4/4 Spanish team
3/4 German team
3/4 English team
2/3 French team
2/3 Portuguese team
2/2 Italian team

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot7 UEFA didn't want a team from another country I believe.

538 11432

@Emrecan Yeah, I know... I wanted Besiktas in the CL knockout face as well you know. Its really too bad. Football (and referee) can be so unfair at time. :( Be strong lad, I wish Besiktas end up winning lots of trophy this year nevertheless. Maybe Europa league now that Sevilla won't be there?

• History

@Emrecan Yeah, I know... I wanted Besiktas in the CL knockout face as well you know. Its really too bad. Football (and referee) can be so unfair at time. :( Be strong lad, I wish end up Besiktas winning lots of trophy this nevertheless. Maybe Europa league now that Sevilla won't be there?

Tipster 7 years ago
Real Madrid 0 1

Congratz for Legia, good game yesterday. It was a pleasure to watch. :)

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot7 Possible. I believe we have the quality to be a contender for EL along with Zenit,Shakhtar,Schalke,Tottenham and ManU, Fenerbahçe if they qualify. I also believe Kobenhavn can make a surprise. But Turkish League is more important for me now. So I don't know.

• History

@Emobot7 Possible. I believe we have the quality to be a contender for EL along with Zenit,Shakhtar,Schalke and ManU, Fenerbahçe if they qualify. I also believe Kobenhavn can make a surprise. But Turkish League is more important for me now. So I don't know.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Well, no matter what I wish you luck.

538 11432

Here is a quick table I made to represent who cannot meet who, will give us an idea of who is the most favored with the current results:

Team name PSG Benfica Man City Bayern Leverkusen Real Madrid Porto Sevilla
Arsenal X X
Napoli X
Barcelona X X X
Atletico X X X
Monaco X X
BVB X X X
Leicester X X
Juventus X

The X represent team that cannot play against each other. Please share who you think got the best chance of having a favorable draw, wich one got the worse chance and why you think so.

Edit: Thing that I note is that:

1. Bayern got a 50% chance of meeting another big team in the next round (Arsenal, Barcelona or Juventus)
  2. Sevilla are actually safe from playing most of the most dangerous team who topped their group (Atletico, Barcelona or Juventus)
  3. BVB situation seem pretty favorable as they won't face any of the 2 best team who ended second of their group (Real and Bayern)
  4. Leicester got a 50% (or more) chance of meeting a team considered stronger than them (PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid, maybe even Sevilla depending how you feel about them)
  5. Napoli are even worse, with the same risk plus that of getting Man City in the draw.
  6. Barcelona only concern should be Bayern and PSG to a certain extend.
  7. Benfica got high chance of getting good team like Arsenal, Barca, Atletico, BVB and Juventus, the best results for them would be Monaco or Leicester.
  8. Atletico is in a good situation as the only team that could endanger them in my opinion are PSG and Man City.
  9. Juventus has more than 50% of playing one of the following: PSG, Man City, Bayern and Real (the two later would be pretty tough game in particular)
  10. In short, we got a lot of very good team on both side of the draw so I wouldn't be suprise to see one or two game worthy of the semis or even maybe of the final itself. Can't wait for the draw! :D
  • History

Here is a quick table I made to represent who cannot meet who, will give us an idea of who is the most favored with the current results:

Team name PSG Benfica Man City Bayern Leverkusen Real Madrid Porto Sevilla
Arsenal X X
Napoli X
Barcelona X X X
Atletico X X X
Monaco X X
BVB X X X
Leicester X X
Juventus X

The X represent team that cannot play against each other. Please share who you think got the best chance of having a favorable draw, wich one got the worse chance and why you think so.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

My predictions for Ro16 Draws

Sevilla-Napoli
BVB-Porto
Juventus-Real Madrid
Leicester-Bayern
PSG-Atletico
Arsenal-Leverkusen
City-Monaco
Barcelona-Benfica

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Anyone but Juventus, please....

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Here are the seeded and unseeded teams of Europa League with the 3rd placed teams from UCL:

Seeded: Beşiktaş,Tottenham,Kobenhavn and Lyon
Unseeded: Gladbach, Rostov, Legia, Ludogorets

*Sassuolo-Genk has been delayed to 12.30 tomorrow because of the weather conditions.

• History

Here are the seeded and unseeded teams of Europa League with the 3rd placed teams from UCL:

*Sassuolo-Genk has been delayed to 12.00 tomorrow because of the weather conditions.