15 183

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Pot 1

Pot 2

Pot 3

Pot 4

The winner of 'Best Player in Europe 16/17' award will also be announced during the ceremony: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann are the final three nominated.

Comments
Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Lol, we could actually get groups of:

Real Madrid - Dortmund - Tottenham - Besiktas
Bayern - Atletico - Sporting - Monaco

and...

CSKA - Napoli - Brugge - Legia

Anyways, can't wait. please let us avoid big three pot 1, Atletico, Dortmund, Porto pot 2 and Monaco pot 4.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

@Lilywhite

wow. Quite some differences in quality there. I think especially that group with Bayern, Atletico, Sporting, Monaco looks like the strongest ever CL group we could get.

Bayern - no need to explain... Powerhouse.
Atletico - finalist in 2 of last 3 finals. Class.
Sporting - half their 1st team won EURO. I expect Sporting to be surprise of this season's CL.
Monaco - a really strong team to be in pot 4 and keeps the group's quality very high.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@VamosBenfica I disagree, you hardly beat group from 2012: Real Madrid, Man. City, Borussia Dortmund & Ajax.
On the other side, I would really like to see Real/PSG in group with Arsenal.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Our frd quikzzy here had the point, that's hardly in the top 5 of the death groups we have even seen.

The Sporting's half squad won the Euro doesnt scare anyone here I must say. I dont even think they would go far. And Monaco? Nope

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

Three french team, I would be really happy if they managed to all get through the group stage (very unlikely I know). I wonder what Tiki would say about that. :D

• History

Three french team, I would be really happy if they managed to all get through the group stage (very unlikely I know). Wonder what Tiki about that. :D

Emrecan_58 8 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Good draw for us :

Leicester, CSKA or Benfica from Pot1
Porto or Leverkusen from Pot2
Any team from Pot3
So Leicester-Porto-Kyiv-Beşiktaş

Exciting draws for us which I would also accept :

Barcelona-Dortmund-Sporting-Beşiktaş
or
Bayern-Arsenal-Lyon-Beşiktaş
or
*Madrid-City-Borussia M.-Beşiktaş

Damn I'm too excited!

• History

Good draw for us :

Leicester, CSKA or Benfica from Pot1
Porto or Leverkusen from Pot2
Any team from Pot3
So Leicester-Porto-Kyiv-Beşiktaş

Exciting draws for us which I would also except :

Barcelona-Dortmund-Sporting-Beşiktaş
or
Bayern-Arsenal-Lyon-Beşiktaş
or
*Madrid-City-Borussia M.-Beşiktaş

Damn I'm too excited!

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

no more bayern.. please..

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Is it just me or does pot 3 look a bit stronger than it usually does? Also, those three teams in pot 4, Monaco, Besiktas, and Celtic could make their respective groups very difficult. Who knows, maybe Celtic will even stop sucking this season.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

lol @Jimbet. I feel you mate

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Jimbet finally no Bayern! At least not in group stage.
I'm pretty happy with PSG, kinda called it :)

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

Any team who get Leicester or CSKA is gonna be lucky in my opinion, the other team in pot 1 are OP. :( Those in pot 2 are also pretty good to be sincere, can't wait to see what happen. :D

@Quikzyyy Talking about PSG, we won't get the blue derby this season (Chelsea-PSG), I'm sad now. :(

• History

Any team who get Leicester or CSKA is gonna be lucky in my opinion, the other team in pot 1 are OP. :( Those in pot 2 are also pretty good to be sincere, can't wait to see what happen. :D

quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

IMO, this is so far most balanced group stage I have ever seen.
@Emo don't worry we can still see round16 Arsenal vs. Bayern/Barca as always :)

• History

Emrecan_58 8 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Barcelona-ManCity-Borussia M.-Celtic
Damn! RIP Celtic.
I'm happy with our draw. I was very afraid after we were in last 2 and could be placed into Group C. But we avoided that.
Good luck to Benfica,Napoli and Kyiv

• History

Barcelona-ManCity-Borussia M.-Celtic
Damn! RIP Celtic.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Thanks mate, Emrecan_58. Same for you! I think Benfica and Besiktas will go through in our group.

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@VAMOSBenfica I hope man :) We can do it.
% 30 Benfica, % 30 Beşiktaş, % 27 Napoli, % 13 Kyiv in my opinion.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

yay! no Bayern! but a tough group though for us.. bring it on PSG!

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Pep vs Barca? Yes please.

Leicester got a very easy group, interested to see how that turns out.

It's too bad Sporting won't advance.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

@Sun, I think we will get a surprise in Group F. Said it before, Sporting are going to surprise some people this season, they have a lot of quality in their team (their new president absolutely refuse to sell their best players, as he wants Sporting to be one of the very top teams in Europe). They are on level with Porto and Benfica now after some good years of rebuilding, but people don't see Sporting as as big of a 'name' as Porto and Benfica who have done more in Europe in recent years.

But talking about the present, and as a person who watch all their games and follow them closely in my league, I know they will have every chance against Dortmund and will fight hard for that 2nd spot. Real Madrid however will for sure take 1st, almost inevitable. I'm very excited for Sporting in this season's CL.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Obviously you know more about Sporting than I do, following Liga Nos. I've worked in the past with Sporting's Canadian Academy and therefore pay attention whenever they play outside of the league - and it's made for some pretty sorry watching.

I have no doubt they're on a higher level this season, but Real Madrid and Dortmund is pretty much the worst 1-2 punch they could've gotten outside of Bayern/Atletico.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Agree, RM and Dortmund were not preferable for them, look at Porto's group in comparison... I'm very impressed by how Sporting have managed to hold onto the whole midfield that won Portugal the EURO - William, Mario, Adrien - and a fantastic keeper in Patricio. They have some great attacking players, but defence is a critical point for them.

We will see. Ronaldo will also for the first time return to play against his old club.