quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

inb4 Roma wins the whole compettion

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

inb4 i regret being arrogant when roma beat us

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

You can't really blame real madrid for getting easy draws this year. Anyway my guess is Bayern-Liverpool in the final

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

@nandaYNWA well in the past seasons the team that's beaten Barcelona out of the competition in quarterfinals has reached the final (Atletico in 2013-14 and 2015-16, and Juventus in 2016-17). So yea don't get too cocky lol

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

There was no easy draw here... let's go for it, if we can beat Real we can beat anyone (and in the other direction). Maybe Liverpool would be better in two-legged tie and not in one match but there is really no calculations, you go against what you get.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

No comment :/

There was no easy draw here... let's go for it, if we can beat Real we can beat anyone (and in the other direction). Maybe Liverpool will be better in two-legged tie and not in one match but there is really no calculations, you go against what you get.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

yay an english team in the final!!!!

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Liverpool has one chance and if they go through to final anything can happen later who ever gets there to play them.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Damn this draw!!! A Bayern/Real final would have been sweet. Both teams consistent at the top level and it would have made for lots of banter.

I do think Liverpool will get through Roma to make the final. Once there, it's one game instead of two so anything can happen.

I also think Bayern will get by Real this year. My only reservation is the fact that Bayern have won their league already and have not had much to play for on a regular basis. Real have been pushing to improve their league standings. That can play a factor, but I do believe Bayern will have too much for Real this season.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

what a draw, I don't think klopp has met italian team in knockout round ever, meanwhile roma sudden change of formation 3-5-2 make them look like coached by conte. there is something wildcard about roma. history shows that whichever team that beats barcelona in knockout round had always gone thru the final. liverpool(06/07), manutd (07/08), inter(09/10), chelsea(11/12), bayern(12/13), atletico(13/14), atletico(15/16), juventus(16/17). 8 times the record stands, hate to see liverpool out but I can't deny that long streak record. as long as zidane knows that this isn't pep's bayern then there is more chance for madrid. the last time jupp heynckes met madrid it's a penalty shootout. if this is another penalty shootout, then it will be a comeback after 2 years of absence (15/16 final). it would be nice to see robbery winning it again tho, given their age. if liverpool made it to the final, I see more chance of them winning against madrid rather than against bayern. simple reason, real madrid are more open defensively.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy @nanda LOL

@matrix Damn, thats rigged as hell... :(

@Darth I hope you are right my friend, would love to see a Jupp vs Heynckes final! Didn't see the BVB vs Bayern game in 2013!

Still, can't help thinking it could go any way or direction at this point, beside Roma has shown good thing against Chelsea. Still, will be rooting for Liverpool and Bayern!

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Roma and Liverpool have Boston ownership, both teams are big in NA; Real and Bayern are unqestionably huge in China (Bayern is the most talked about team on Chinese socials). One finalist will be a giant and the other will be an underdog, perfect final for UEFA.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Interesting news, are you saying those draw could be made to excite people from where those team are the most popular outside of europe?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

The originator of the pic better be reliable because TheSun is not reliable as a source.

• History

The originator of it the pic better be reliable because TheSun is not reliable as a source.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Better for Bayern to play RM in 2 than 1, but same could be said for Liverpool.

Bayern are dark horse this year, for a team finishing 2nd in the group especially they got rather lucky with the draw. They haven't really been challenged by any major sides this season, excluding the PSG game they won 3 1. RM we all know is beast team, Roma are extremely underrated and perhaps have the best goalkeeper of the world this season, alongside DDG. Liverpool is heavily inspired on Mo Salah, but are dangerous even without him, Mane is great player, Firmino is excellent ST, and team is looking good for them. I'm hoping either Roma/Bayern take the trophy and win their games! I think I know is this, the winner of these games are undecided, wins don't come from team names after all.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Return leg at the Bernabeu could be crucial. Still need a good result at the Allianz. Hopefully both teams have their entire squad available so there are no excuses afterwards and we get to see a good match.

Roma may seem like the weakest but they haven't conceded a single goal at home in this champions league, and they are more than capable of getting away goals. Liverpool will have to contain Dzeko, someone who gave Barca lots of trouble. Also, Liverpool are up against a different challenge here. City was the one with the initiative and Liverpool was able feast on their mistakes and hit them with counters, but Roma will most likely shift that responsibility to Liverpool and see if Liverpool can break down their defense.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

I think this season's bayern is more physical than pep's bayern. take for example, in set piece situation, you have lewandowski, vidal, muller boateng, hummels, javi, wagner. all of them are likely to score some headers. some advantage considering madrid concede 2 headed goals from mandzukic.

• History

I think this season's bayern is more physical than pep's bayern. take for example, in set piece situation, you have lewandowski, vidal, muller boateng, hummels, javi, wagner. all of them are likely to score some headers.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan21 I agree with what you said especially about Liverpool and Roma, however, I still trust Klopp experience to make the difference over Di Francesco who is still technically a rather young coach especially in term of managing at the top level.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Rigged or not, this is the draw I wanted to see lol.

Wanted to see Roma or Liverpool in the final.