Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea agree £33.4m deal to sign Antonio Rudiger from Roma
Cummo0161 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 5 5

enter image description here

Antonio Rudiger has made 72 appearances in two seasons for Roma.

The 24-year-old Germany centre-back is set to undergo a medical on Monday and finalise personal terms on a five-year contract.

Sky in Italy are reporting an agreement of £29m up-front with a further £4.4m in add-ons has been sealed between the clubs.

enter image description here
Antonio Rudiger is a Germany international centre-back with 16 caps

Sky sources reported earlier on Friday that the Blues had begun talks with Roma to sign the centre-half, who joined the Serie A side from Stuttgart for £7.6m last summer.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has been keen to sign a centre-back this summer following the sale of Nathan Ake to Bournemouth and the departure of long-term club captain John Terry.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Not the top signing but still an improvement for the team, I think he will adapt very fast to the PL.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Agreed with Golazo on the fact he should adapt to PL quickly. Also, considering the fact that Chelsea got so many CB in its base formation and the fact Chelsea will get in CL next season, adding depth in this position is imperative. Wouldn't be suprise to see him and Zouma get plenty of playing time thanks to that and maybe even having him start over Cahill if he show sign of being an improvement.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

How wrong was I, Zouma isn't even at Chelsea anymore. :( And Rudiger isn't really getting a lot of playing time isn't he? Still, I wonder, how was he when he did play for Chelsea? Anyway, Christensen seem to have played more game lately, does he fit the team better?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo 9 games in PL, 3 in Europe.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, okay, it isn't as bad as I make it sound, but was he any good? Does it feel like Conte is gonna give him or Christensen more playing time from now? Which would you prefer personally?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo they dont play the same position, Christen plays middle centre back Rudiger side.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Oh... :( Guess you are right, it just that Rudiger is more of a CB naturally so thats why I was wondering. Still, as he been doing good? Do you think he is good enough to keep playing on the side?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Yes he is a good player both for Chelsea and Germany even if he doesn't always play.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, that good to hear, I just hope the lad get more playtime, I have big hope for Rudiger and Zouma. :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Goal link only send me to their front page, I can't find that article. :( Still, nice to hear Rudiger is so fast but above that, he does seem solid now which is really good. He will be a key player for Chelsea in the future for a long time no doubt. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Hm I posted the full article with the list...Fastest player is Sane, 35 km/h super fast.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Yeah, like I said, I can't reach it, its because its on Goal.com (whenever I try to go on a specific article they made from another source than their site, it lead me to their front page), still, thank for taking the time to tell me. Not really suprised to see Sane being the fastest player though. ;P