Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea Complete First January Transfer Window Signing, While Recalls Two
247sportalert 6 years ago
Rosenborg, Nigeria 10 24

Chelsea FC have already engaged themselves in January transfer activities and if a report from the club is to be believed, they have completed their first winter signing by acquiring the signature of a certain 16-year-old Austrian forward, Thierno Ballo.

The day couldn’t have been perfect as the youngster signed for Chelsea on his 16th birthday, from FK Viktoria Köln of the German fourth division. Born in Conakry, Guinea in 2002, Ballo – an Austria U17 international – is also eligible to represent Cote d’Ivoire through his father. The youngster, a highly rated prodigy, started playing football at the tender age of 5 when he joined a local club Alpine Republic.

According to report, it was Ballo’s patron Peter Huemerlehner who spotted the youngster’s talent while he was playing on the streets of Linz, Austria.

“I saw Thierno for the first time on a street soccer pitch, he has an incredible basic dynamic and is incredibly flexible,” says the trained junior coach of the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger.

Following that, Huemerlehner brought Ballo to his club Chemie Linz and by the age of 11, the youngster striker made his move to Bayer Leverkusen.

Peter is one big influence in Ballo’s life as it was he who took the youngster and his mother from Guinea into his own family.

It was only last summer when Ballo moved to Viktoria Köln from Leverkusen, as it would have been harder for the youngster to break into the starting XI at Leverkusen.

Furthermore, according to Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, Ballo had regularly flown to London to have his trials with Chelsea and he even scored 5 goals and 1 assist in a 6-1 friendly win against West Ham.

Furthermore, there’s also a news coming in that 21-year-old Kasey Palmer has been recalled from his loan tenure with Huddersfield Town after making just five appearances for the Terriers. What added further misery to his fate was an unfortunate hamstring injury he sustained in September which kept him out for two months. In a tweet, Palmer thanked Huddersfield Town and their fans for their support. But as things stand right now, it is safe to say another loan move for the 21-year-old could well be on the cards.

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Nice,

Thanks for Sharing, I checked out Thierno Ballo and his 7 goals for Bayern Leverkusen, he seems very potential.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea has the best youngsters!

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Would be cool if they ever played for Chelsea :P

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Very tru @sunflash

One of my ongoing annoyances about chelsea is the lack of young players that actually come through from our youth teams... especially English ones.
Yes ok, theres been improvement in the recent couple of years with Christensen coming through and quite a few young players getting a chance in the cup games like Musonda, Ampadu and Kenedy. But these are all players that we have scouted and brought to the club in recent times and none English, and also not shown the trust in the Prem, say in a game which we are winning comfortably and they cud give them a chance to gain experience.
Its a shame that alot of the brilliant young English talent at Chelsea never really get a decent chance in the first team at Chelsea. Admitidly lots have gone out on loan and played regularly for mid table teams in the Prem.. but none getting the chance in the Chelsea first team e.g the likes of Loftus-cheek, Chalobah, Abraham, Izzy Brown, Lewis Baker...

This is also annoying when you look at the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and Man U who have succesfully brought young English players into the first team line up and they have now become regular players for the team.

I just think that Chelsea need to have a lot more faith and trust in young players and aim to develop them so that they can consistently challenge for places in the first 11 at Chelsea.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Thanks for the share, by the way, welcome on FR. :D

Rosenborg, Nigeria 10 24

@Emobot7 Thank you so much i really really appreciate

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@247sportalert No problem! Hope to see more of you around, tell me if there is anything I can do for you. ;)

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Seems to have potential. Hopefully he doesn't waste it. For some reason Chelsea youngsters, while being considered very talented in their age group, mostly don't even take their chances out on loans. Except Christensen or Boga maybe. Kalas, Piazon and all other guys just flopped really hard.

Welcome to FR too. Are you really Rosenborg fan?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Seems to have potential. Hopefully he doesn't waste it. For some reason Chelsea youngsters, while being considered very talented in their age group, mostly don't even take their chances out on loans. Except Christensen or Boga maybe. Kalas, Piazon and all other guys just flopped really hard.

Rosenborg, Nigeria 10 24

Yes I am Just love the club