{{ post.commentCount }}
Didn't find anything.
Home
Forum
Football Talk
Chelsea fans Morata chant
[Chelsea, Mexico]

It's stupid, tasteless and just no.
Chelsea football club and Morata himself don't like it and told that it has no place among the fans.

Comments
[Chelsea FC]

What was the chant?

Nvm, found it: “Alvaro, oh, Alvaro, oh. He came from Real Madrid, he hates the f------ Y---."

Not the first time and not the first club to use that word.

Showing previous versions of this text.

What was the chant?

What was the chant?

Nvm, found it: “Alvaro, oh, Alvaro, oh. He came from Real Madrid, he hates the f*** Y**.”

What was the chant?

Nvm, found it: “Alvaro, oh, Alvaro, oh. He came from Real Madrid, he hates the f**** Y**.”

[Chelsea, Iran]

The spurs fans call themselves the yids and by the way it's ok for them to call us rent boys?

[Chelsea, Mexico]

I know that Spurs took the nickname themselves a long time ago.
They asked about the chant in the press after the game and the club doesn't want it, Morata doesn't want it either.
The owner of Chelsea is jewish as well so whoever came up with that chant has no brain, one way or another...

[Manchester United, Netherlands]

Its simply unacceptable. But I dont really get the reason behind it.

[Tottenham Hotspur, England]

I'm glad Chelsea and Morata stepped up so quickly to put this one to bed; it does them credit.

I always did wonder how Roman felt about all the anti-Semitic chants. Maybe he never cared because he's too rich to care.

But I don't really get the reason behind it.

Well, it comes to down to the fact that in the 50s and 60s, Tottenham were associated most heavily with the Jewish quarter of London, which is actually silly since there were just as many J-ws living in other boroughs of the city, including those which are considered Arsenal and Chelsea turf.

As a result, rival fans (most especially West Ham and Chelsea) decided to start singing obscene chants about concentration camps, and hissing to mimic a gas chamber, and other such charming stuff, and the word 'Yid' was essentially turned into a slur. Which is also silly, since it is actually the word for J-w in the Yiddish language itself.

But hey, racism doesn't have to make sense, and often doesn't.

Anyhow, in response, Tottenham fans decided to adopt the word as a badge of honour, to take the power of the insult away, and their ultras branded themselves as the Yid Army as a way of saying f*ck you to the anti-Semitism.

You'd like to say that this sort of thing is in the past, but...

Also? Banning the word J.E.W from being typed doesn't help anyone, FootyRoom. Just sayin'.

• +1
[Manchester United, England]

@lodatz It's actually kind of racist to ban the word. How would J.e.w.s feel about not being able to type their religion? Very inappropriate to ban this word if you ask me. Their gonna be banning the word Christians soon!

@lodatz It's actually kind of racist to ban the word. How would J.e.w.s feel about not being able to type their religion? Very inappropriate to ban this word if you ask me. Their gonna be banning the word Christian soon!

• +1
[Arsenal, Netherlands]

He's against banning the word 'j.e.w' actually. In other words you agree with each other. I agree too.

• +1

@amir absolutely we agree with each other. Don't think anyone suggested otherwise.

[Manchester United, Netherlands]

@Lodatz: ahh cool mate. Thanks

@tuan who controls banned words? Is it something under your control as a mod?

© FootyRoom 2009 - 2017