Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Final 16/17 Prediction Thread.
Wolfie 7 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Time to place your bets. Real v Juve. Attack v Defense.

Winner takes all. Loser forgotten to the annals of history.

I'm going with Real. For the simple fact that they have enough quality to give Juve a good thrashing. They're going to press and keep Juve in their own half. No matter how good their defensive record has been this cl campaign. They're not in Reals league. Higuain will choke again as tradition. They will not be able to track Ronaldos movement. It will be a good game for all.

3-1 to Real.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Time to place your bets. Real v Juve. Attack v Defense.

Winner takes all. Loser forgotten to the annals of history.

I'm going with Real. For the simple fact that they have enough quality to give Juve a good thrashing. They're going to press and keep Juve in they're own half. No matter how good they're defensive record has been this cl campaign. They're not in Reals league. Higuain will choke again as tradition. They will not be able to track Ronaldos movement. It will be a good game for all.

3-1 to Real.

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

No matter how good their defensive record has been this cl campaign. They're not in Reals league.

They shut Barcelona attack in both legs, last time Real kept clean sheet against Barcelona was in 2011.

I really hope Buffon will finally lift the trophy, 2:0 for Juve

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

CR7 of course will secure them the back-to-back title with a brace. Real Madrid 2-1 Juventus FT.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Juve to win it 1-0, real will struggle to create chances against them.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

That is if Real Madrid win today.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

I actually hope Atletico win tonight... and then hope they also finally win the title!!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Juventus could win it 2-1 but if it is to happen, I expect Navas to make a big mistake or a defender doing something stupid for Real. Still think its nearly impossible to predict, considering both team have been unbeaten till now. :S

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

real madrid are in pretty good form now and I honestly can't think of anything that can stop them now.
juventus 1-3 real madrid

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont write off Atl, but the chance they make historical comeback is very small.

I am going for Juve (the underdog) despite Real is really stronger in almost all departments and in good form. I just want Buffon and an Italian team to lift the trophy

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Of course if they make it to finals, I expect Real Madrid to be favorites but not by miles. Like 55%-45%. Still can't predict will Real's attack be atomic or will Juve's defence be rock-solid. Or both? Can't wait for it since it will be amazing obviously.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Ok guys. Wanna make it interesting? Cool. Because I know how much you value your massive football brains. This will be a day to remember.

I'll start off with you quikzzzzz. Why don't we have a little bet. And by bet, the loser deletes their account. Yes, you read that correctly. 18000 of your worthless rank points. Poof, gone. Just like that.

I will delete mine, no questions asked.

So what do you say big boy. Wanna finally do something meaningful and stand behind what you say. How about it?

Anyone else want to jump in too. Let's see what you're made off. See if anyone has the balls to back up what they say.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

^ Whoa, calm down, big boy. You don't joke about deleting 18.000 Footyroom rank points, that's serious business.

• History

^ Whoa, calm down, big boy. You don't joke about 18.000 Footyroom rank points, that's serious business.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why would anyone care about his account lol

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm predicting a 3-1 win for Real. Ramos to score a goal, Ronaldo to assist one, Asensio to score. Let's see what my predictions are made of. :')

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@ Yeah dude, super serious business haha. There are a lot of people here who have very insightful things to say. Great perspective on the game and could honestly be blogging professionally. Breaking down of games, tactics, stats analysis. Great content. Fearless in their points of view.

There 2 kinds of users. Highlight users and forum users. Not going to point any fingers, but we know who they are. They come they go. The ones who are truly interested in discussion usually are in the forum. Highlights pros usually have very watered down opinions because they don't want to offend anyone in the pursuit of an illusion.

I'm glad of the work the mods are doing. Really cleaned up the place. This site was a nightmare for a while. Drove some genuinely good guys away.

Anyway, back to football. :)

Zidane has 2 big loves. Real and Juve. It will be an emotional game for him. Chasing a double that hasn't been achieved in the CL. Before of course in the retro days. Both teams have exceptional squads but Real have the edge. There's more winning experience. When to do it when it counts. Don't feel like Juve have truly been tested this season
This will be and is an opponent that they can't contain. I know what most might think.. I'm biased because I'm Inter. Of course I don't want them to win.. Just like any of you wouldn't want a bitter rival to win.. In anything really. Not sure if u can appreciate how much of a rivalry there is.

But that's not why I say it. I say it because I know Juve, I watch and have watched primarily Serie A. Since the days I was a cub. I felt they played it the way football should be played..

Why do you are anyone follow a team league.. Are you emotionally invested. Do you enjoy what you see. If you played did you attempt to emulate it. I grew up in a time before the video game craze. Where you played against teams and could see in front of you who was playing in a style of who. Coaches who favoured constructive tactics, played with width, high low, defensive physical, long ball. All kinds of style.

Who was right? The one who won? Is that what you think it's all about? Of course that's the aim. But to win playing beautiful whether defensive or open is in the eye of the beholder. Its what makes people, or when I was younger to gravitate to a team league etc.

Same goes with commenting on football. Whether it's in your living room on the internet wherever. People have different perspective of the game. Who's right? Everyone. From the guy who watches a couple matches a year to the one who watches every game. Every one can give insight whether big or small.

It's a game, its a refection of the human condition. Emotion.

Juve have an inferiority complex. They don't understand the meaning of honour. They lost to barca in the final. People said they'd win. But it didn't happen and they had a better team than this season.

Only way Real will win is if Juve poison the players pre game. Or Zidane throws the game because he loves Juve more which I doubt. I'm looking forward to this game. But it'll be a repeat of the last time they played a Spanish team in the final. Anyway that's just my opinion. I don't claim to be an expert. I just a guy who enjoys football. There's no hidden agenda or trying to one up anyone.

Hope its a good game. Everyone wants to see players play with pride.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Wolfie

I think you meant "Only way Real will lose is if Juve poison the players pre game. Or Zidane throws the game..."

Anyways, could you elaborate on what you meant when you said that Juventus have an inferiority complex?

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Hey Dyna, long time no see bud. What I mean by "inferiority" complex. Juve are very good on imposing their will on games. In Serie A, you rarely see a team fight to come back into games when they concede. Especially when playing juve with exception. They have been given free reign to run a muck of the league with very little to no opposition with the downfall of the the Milan clubs. Teams that had the integrity, and will to pit up a good fight. Our downfall created room for teams like Roma and Napoli wiggly up the league into CL positions. And that's about all they're willing to do. A mat that Juve use to wipe their feet as they walk to another league title.

This gives Juve a false sense of worth. They must be great, they assume. So great. No, they're not. They're are good at imposing their will if unopposed. If a team is there to play they're confidence goes out the window. They crumble. Barca played with low confidence and it played right into the hand of Juve. Messi also played one of the worst games of his career. Over reliance on a key player. Was juve better? Juve played a great tactically sound game but Barca let it happen and have only themselves to blame.

Juve freeze when a team does not allow them to play their way. Now with every final loss they try to reaffirm their strengths in title charges and everyone falls for it.

Roy Keane Utd didn't fall for it. Real aren't going to do them same. Juve will start strong but will wither as long as Real don't let them impose their will which they're so used to in Serie A and walking to titles with no opposition in recent times.

That's what I fell in love with Italian football. The passion every team in the league had to give it their best. But Juve killed that spirit, took away the confidence that no matter what they do Juve will always win with some new unsportsmanlike way to influence a game.

We'll see the real Juve in the Final. The final strolled to. The one which they will lose. Because that's what they deserve for destroying the beautiful game.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Sorry to say this wolfie but u will look like an a*s if juve wins the final :D
For me personally i like juve and love their style, and i just hope that buffon wins the champions league.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Anyway I don't want to go down a rabbit hole here. My offer still stands quikzzz. :D

They're just silly points right. Everyone will know who u are anyway if u choose to make another profile. Will u even lose? Zilch, just a good laugh. Isn't that what the game is about. To enjoy yourself and not take it too seriously.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I sure hope you're right @Wolfie. Not trying to be Captain Obvious here but winning/losing La Liga will be the ultimate factor in who wins this match. Hala Madrid always!

United_Hates_Blues 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 14 985

I can't see Real losing but, with Juve you never know. I could see CR7 and Zidane falling out if real lose though. I'd put my money on Real but hoping it's so tight the pundits get it wrong. Let's see some football.

• History

I can't see Real losing but, with Juve you never know. I could see CR7 and Zidane falling out if real lose though. I'd put my money on Real but hoping it's so tight the pundits get it wrong. Let's see some football!