Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Juventus vs Tottenham, prediction and talk.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So Tiki already did one for Madrid vs Paris but I thought I would make one for this interesting game as well. 2 high profile team who don't play a lot against each other and could go anyway if you want my opinion. Who do you think will go trough and what are your prediction:

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

And which team would you like to see qualify over the other without taking form and quality in consideration?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I'm gonna be sincere with you guys, I'm a bit conflicted about that game, on one hand, I'm alway happy to see an English side go farther in the competition but on the other, I'd really like to see Buffon get a shot a realizing his dream before he retire, what a moment it would be.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Juve are beatable this season, problem is that they are really effective compared to the football quality they give. They do not impress but they still win games.

Again Tottenham must score in first leg, because Juve will probably score in England.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I wish Spurs to win but they are a big underdog against Juve.
Too much advantage in terms of experience is on the side of Juve they are not hot headed and Benatia+Chiellini duo is one of the best in Europe.
Juve can play different formations very well and have an well balanced bench as well, it's going to be hard for the likes of Alli and Son to play.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Spurs got a good team with a lot of young and physical player but for sure, Juve got more consistence and experience, so thing might just go their way, it will also depend a lot on Pochettino and Allegri.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I think Juve can win this one based on pure experience they had over the years. Tottenham is relatively new to big matches like this and I don't expect them to win.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well no matter what it is always English team that i wish to win. Spurs can smash Juventus if they keep intensity high. They shouldn't let them have their time on the ball, otherwise they will loose. Move quickly and play direct football counter attacking football. Target their wings. That is how spurs trashed Inter once. Inter that was CL champions prior season.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Spurs have no league ambition, and considering second game is home, they may steal this.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@amir If you mean to say they won't win the league, then yeah, thats true, however, let's not forget Spurs will propably focus on it if only to try and get a top four finish, after all, Pochettino must know there isn't that many chance of him and his team actually going all the way in the CL.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir If you mean to say they won't win the league, then yeah, thats true, however, let's not forget Spurs will propably focus on it if only to try and get a top four finish, after all, Pochettino there isn't that many chance of him and his team actually going all the way in the CL.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Dissapointing game for Juventus no doubt. :( Like sun said on the chat, Buffon should have done better on those goal, but to be fair, the might have been true for Lloris as well. Thought on the game, those of you who watched?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Dissapointing game for Juventus no doubt. :( Like sun said on the chat, Buffon should have done better on those goal, but to be fair, the might have been true for Lloris. Thought on the game, those of you who watch.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

On the other hand, great result for the Spurs. Ofc some details could have changed the end result but as it stands they will have full confidence at home, Juventus let cheap goals through which is not what I expected for their squad.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Feels like Juve let this one slip

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

52nd minute:

enter image description here

62nd minute:

76th minute:

Just sayin'. Maybe it wasn't so much a slip-up by Juve, and more like Tottenham dominated the game. Higuain's first goal was a fantastic set piece, and the penalty was legit (both times), but other than that Juve were on the back foot nearly the rest of the game.

Pressure's now on Juventus to make as quick a start against Spurs at Wembley as they did tonight, but it will be tough for lightning to strike twice in a row. We'll see what happens.

Lodatz 6 years ago

And hey, you gotta admit that this was a lovely piece of play from Tottenham, and a sweet round of Buffon. About as far from cheap as one can get, right?

Lodatz 6 years ago

Hi Marcus. I hear you like stats and facts now. :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz No don't get me wrong mate, that was a good goal, it was lovely and all but Buffon shouldn't have gone that far, he should have stayed back and made it a bit harder on Kane to finish. At the same time, it wasn't easy to chose and it was clearly a situation that favored the attacker so credit to Kane for finishing it well, was a great goal. As for Marcus saying Juve let this one slip, he obviously talking about the fact they managed to get 2-0 up in the first ten minute. In my opinion however, Spurs were much more in possession of the ball and were much better at keeping it in the opposition half. They forced Juve to play on the counter-attack most of the game which propably is the reason why they didn't seem too dangerous. My only complain is that Tottenham really rarely ever seemed like they were gonna break Juventus defense and create many good occasion, I think their performance would have been even better if they would have managed to be more creative. And pherhap a bit more disciplinary in their own half. :P But critic aside, good results for Spurs, I hope your enjoying it. ;)

DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

Emobot7

"My only complain is that Tottenham really rarely ever seemed like they were gonna break Juventus defense and create many good occasion, I think their performance would have been even better if they would have managed to be more creative"

Sorry my friend but I couldnt disagree with this more. Spurs created some good chances Kane missed a header from inside of the 6 yard box. I dont think theyre getting the credit they deserve for this game. The view seems to be that Juve played bad and made mistakes rather than Spurs played well.

The first 10 minutes you could say the same about Spurs. They made 2 huge mistakes. Did Juve outplay them for those goals? Im not so sure. To play the way they did in Turin against possibly the best defensive team in Europe was outstanding. They Dominated Juve tonight the stats Lodatz showed do not lie.

I'm Italian I love it when the Italian sides do well in Europe. I love Juventus. They are a fantastic side and could easily turn Spurs over at Wembley. They Still have some phenomenal players to return in Dybala and Matuidi. But in this game Spurs more than deserved their draw and were unlucky not to nick the win.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Juventus' own tactics made them lose. Tottenham is one of best attacking teams in the world and doesn't rely on one man, meanwhile Juve didn't do anything notable aside from two goals, their defending wasn't even that good (Tottenham could've easily gone with few more goals if they weren't saved by either luck or good tackle/interception/save). Pjanic, Costa and Bernardeschi were cut-out of the game, Matuidi is really important at Juve and if he returns for second leg situation may be a bit different.

Buffon's experience should really help when getting into 1v1s versus world-class forwards, and when I saw Buffon getting so high out, I knew Kane was gonna go past him.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It could have been easy a foul on Bernardeschi when Spurs got the advantage before the first goal, just like Alli was fouled. Buffon failed to save an easy shot from that free kick as well.

Higuain came out and did well, rest were sleeping and let past easy goals, totally the opposite from last season.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@DChoff I didn't mean to say Spurs didn't get the better chance, but you are right, I forgot that header that really should have gotten into the back of the net. I just thought it was a shame considering how dominant they were, that they were unable to score more and that it was too bad they didn't create more dangerous occassion. However, they clearly were the most dominant side. As for giving credits, its alway nice, and I really hope you understant I rate their perfomance highly but more important than being given credit, a team shouldn't get complacent. Still, it was an incredible game from Tottenham, they really could have won it with the way they played and I hope for you and all the rest of the people supporting Tottenham in those leg than they keep this up in the second game.

@Croatian Yeah, it looked good for them at first but after the 10 first minute, they didn't play with a lot of intensity anymore. Their still defended well but didn't manage to get back the possession of the ball which rarely help in that kind of game.

Also, I think Higuain shouldn't have taken the second pen, he wasn't comfortable enough to strike in the same spot so that why he made a mistake.