Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Juventus vs Tottenham, prediction and talk.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So Tiki already did one for Madrid vs Paris but I thought I would make one for this interesting game as well. 2 high profile team who don't play a lot against each other and could go anyway if you want my opinion. Who do you think will go trough and what are your prediction:

Comments
DChoff 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

Emobot7

I appreciate it my friend. I will be at Wembley for the return leg. Hopefully its a good close fought game like yesterday was!

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Tottenham played really great. I watched the game with my father and he supports Tottenham now. Congrats!

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I gotta say though, this is one of the most balanced match ups I've ever seen. Two great strategical managers, both teams have a lot of depth and a lot of commitment.

Anyone who didn't expect Tottenham to take the game to Juventus was in for a huge surprise. Even if Tottenham don't win anything this year, this year will be different. Top of their UCL group with a team who won the entire Champions League three times in four years, Dortmund home and away, and several other good results. This year I've kept a closer eye on Tottenham more than usual. Other than their 4 1 loss to City and perhaps 2 2 draw to Liverpool, I don't recall them having a bad game. Even against Arsenal at the Emirates, they didn't play so bad, ALO was beastly that day.

I've gotta say well done to Tottenham, if this really is Poch's last season there, I've gotta say he's totally changed them, and hopefully their next manager doesn't have that effect :(

As for Juventus, I was quite surprised Allegri didn't put more trust into Marchisio. I understand he was missing Matuidi, but playing Costa/Bernardeschi/Mandzukic limits your control in midfield, and we all saw how they got affected. Also taking the penalty twice in the same game against the same keeper? That never seems smart to me, I think someone else should have taken it that time.

As I said, Tottenham may steal this, but you can not underestimate Juve, not even for 1 second.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Buffon's dream of CL is still alive after all. Allegri the mastermind behind this win, Higuain with a goal and assist.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Indeed, what a comeback, didn't see it coming at all! :D Happy for Buffon. Too bad for Spurs, it looked to me like they really played well as well. But hopefully, they learn from this experience and come back stronger next year... At condition they make it into top four.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

but you can not underestimate Juve, not even for 1 second.

This was what let Spurs down at the end, Juventus had a plan B, Spurs did not

But if Kane scored the tie would have been done, with no Higuain and Pjaca Dybala is limited, as well as majority of their firepower.

Well done Juventus! It will only get harder from here.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Team like spurs have no backbone or character and that is why they only put pressure rather than go through even when odds and God are favoring them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 How exactly was god favoring Tottenham over Juventus? Juventus had 2 pen in the first leg and it was Spurs own effort which permited them to dominate in both game. Juve were a lot more clinical and this what saved them. Beside, it will alway be easier for an experimented team with player used to the competition to stage a comeback than one full of younger player who rarely ever gotten far in the CL.

@Amir I agree, Tottenham are excellent but they don't have the best of mentality when they lose the lead. A shame, but at least, they looked a lot better this season in the CL than they used to.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Never count out a champion. Juve has such pedigree and experience, anyone saying they were done, was really just hoping for the Spurs to get through. Even the votes had Juve by a large margin.

The good news for Spurs is THEY WILL improve and continue to make a name for themselves.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Spurs lost concentration for about 10 mins and that costed them the tie. A shame but that's how CL football is.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Unbelievable.. I have no words to describe how disappointed I am with this Spurs team I didn't watch the second half and can barely understand how on earth everything changed so drastically. This only shows how teams with little to no experience in this instances like PSG or now Tottenham really can disappoint no matter the odds or team atm.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tuanis To be fair, I still feel Tottenham gave Juventus a much better challenge than PSG did with Real but then again, at the very least, the level was very high no matter what. PSG vs Real and Tottenham vs Juve were all great game with a lots of engagement and of drama imo.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Marcus so much for Lloris talking about how he belongs in the football elite when the only thing he won in his life is 1 French cup.

This is Spurs in Europe in the last years:
2010-11 - Champions League quarter-final exit to Real Madrid
2011-12 - Europa League group stage exit
2012-13 - Europa League quarter-final exit to Basel
2013-14 - Europa League last 16 exit to Benfica
2014-15 - Europa League last 32 exit to Fiorentina
2015-16 - Europa League last 16 exit to Borussia Dortmund
2016-17 - Champions League group stage exit; Europa League last 32 exit to Gent
2017-18 - Champions League last 16 exit to Juventus

Their fans leaving the stands 5 minutes before added time

enter image description here

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus Well, to be fair, Spurs did play real good, like Rai said, they lost their focus for a few minute and paid for it. Juventus just was much more pragmatic and clinical. Still won't look down on Tottenham for it cause I feel what they did this year was much more impressive than the prior year.

@Golazo

Well, at the very least, its seem to me Tottenham is improving by the year even if its slowly.

As for Loris being positive before the game, I think its normal for the captain to try and motivate the team and the fan. I don't see why this should be laugh at?

Edit: Damn, Chiellini is a savage: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5752923/giorgio-chiellini-tottenham-weak-mentally-fragile-juventus-champions-league/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus Well, to be fair, Spurs did play real good, like Rai said, they lost their focus for a few minute and paid for it. Juventus just was much more pragmatic and clinical. Still won't look down on Tottenham for it cause I feel what they did this year was much more impressive than the prior year.

@Golazo

Well, at the very least, its seem to me Tottenham is improving by the year even if its slowly.

As for Loris being positive before the game, I think its normal for the captain to try and motivate the team and the fan. I don't see why this should be laugh at?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't honestly see why people are having a go at Spurs. Yes, their team is very good, but these are the Serie A champions for the last forever and runners-up in the UCL last year. Playing this well against a team of Juve's caliber and nearly knocking them out is a fantastic accomplishment for a club that doesn't usually even make the UCL, let alone the knockout rounds (first time in 8 years).

This is a massive step forward for Spurs. Juve are as Juve does, play bunker Italian soccer and take their chances, which they did. As some pundit who I can't bother to reference noted, "because Juve wins, we say it is their experience. If they lose, which they nearly did, we say they are too old." Pick your narrative and go with it, I guess. It's what everyone seems to be doing anyway.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Agreed.
Spurs are taking the right direction, they have young players, 10 minutes loss of concentration is enough for the old lady to make difference and suffer till the end.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Well, to be fair, most people who are having a go at Spurs are domestic rival. I mean, its never easy to say good thing about your rival, especially if you got some kind of excuse to take a shot a them. Otherwise, I would like to say I 100% agree with Rai, Sun and Tiki.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Guardiola : " the team who advances in CL is the team who handle bad moment perfectly "

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Wow, I didn't know Guardiola said something like that. Make perfect sense in the context. +1