Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Juventus vs Tottenham, prediction and talk.
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

So Tiki already did one for Madrid vs Paris but I thought I would make one for this interesting game as well. 2 high profile team who don't play a lot against each other and could go anyway if you want my opinion. Who do you think will go trough and what are your prediction:

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

My mate @emo , Spurs can’t get over the fact that somehow they were best team in EPL last year, and still are, and deserve more. Cocky team it has become. You all are giving way too much credit to Juventus that is not playing solid football even at their defense. Spurs missed chances and let the sure 100% going through slip away. Best team of EPL is a joke when applied to Spurs. They should learn to close important big games that matter when it seems the easiest. I

I remember back in 2012 they thought final against Aging chelsea that was suffering from injuries and full schedule with Barcelona fixtures in it, would be easy walk in the park. They got hammered 4-1 that night. Shows the character of the team that after 6 years still naive and weak mentally! Right direction won’t happen because they have been on right direction since 2008, yet to reach their desired destination. It won’t happen any time soon either so you can memorize or screen shot this but I am 90% sure Spurs will be there where they always belong. Putting pressure and selling dVds.

SergioSR4 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 2 719

It was 5-1 not 4-1

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Marcus Well, I get you and I'm not saying there isn't something wrong with Spurs mentality at time but I think there is no need to be fatalist and to bring them down. I'm mean, your technically saying that them looking down on other is their main problem and look down on them because of it. Not saying it matter in the situation because your not facing them soon or anything, but it seem a bit ironic to me when you think about it. Still, as I neutral, my point of view might be influenced by the fact I don't really like to look at team weakness but focus more on what they do right.

DChoff 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, Italy 2 191

Marcus2011

Lol "Spurs will be there where they always belong Putting pressure and selling dVds."

What a silly statement that is. You think Chelsea belong where they are? Chelseas "history" is built on questionable oil money. Without it you'd be in the same boat. You hadn't won the league for 50 years before that money came in. No club belongs anywhere mate.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Marcus2011

Lol "Spurs will be there where they always belong Putting pressure and selling dVds."

What a silly statement that is. You think Chelsea belong where they are? Chelseas "history" is built on questionable oil money. Without it you'd be nothing. Learn your own clubs history before typing silly things like that. You hadn't won the league for 50 years before that money came in. No club belongs anywhere mate.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: that's very wrong your last phases... Let's not dig into those historical sparks.

You can't compare your Chelsea back then and Spur today... totally different style and way of approach their games. Yes, Spur lost their concentration and paid for it, but in both games they tried to dominate Juve. Naively or not, it's easy to say now.

These things happen, one game they say: wow, you shouldn't let them dominate your and lost your mid, the other game, exactly the same they say: wow what a master plan and super counter attacking...

Dragging historic stuffs in here is unnecessary

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

Dragging historic stuffs in here is unnecessary

100% agree with this.

@DChoff Sorry for the loss mate but it was a really good game from Spurs, they were really close. I have no doubt they will only be stronger in the year to come! ;)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Spurs fans think they are a bigger club than Chelsea it's so sad and funny at the same time.

DChoff 6 years ago Edited

Thats where you are wrong Golazo. Spurs fans couldnt care less about Chelsea. Chelsea fans just keep running there mouths because they have to try and justify their success. Because without oil there would be none.

@emobot

Cheers buddy. Yeah i was at the game they played really well. Juve are a great side though and their experience proved the difference. Proud of the boys though they gave it a good go!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Thats where you are wrong Golazo. Spurs fans couldnt care less about Chelsea. Chelsea fans just keep running there mouths because they have to try and justify their success. Because without oil there would be none.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You are right. I don't intend to sound like a liverpool fan when they rumble about history. What I meant to say is that for the last 10 years they had more than enough foundation and chances to prove themselves and win the title or league but they quickly point fingers at other factors rather than themselves. Leicester took everything by surprise and went on to win the league while big clubs were having major problems, yet Spurs couldn't take the same opportunities time after time. It says about club identity that they still couldn't change and they are not on the right direction when you let weakest Juventus team of the last 4 years beat you at the home turf and letting them score two goals almost back to back.

Leicester City had more heart back in 2016 when facing very strong Atletico team and frankly if Atletico was a bit lucky to go through because Leicester played their hearts out and were a bit unlucky with some decisions. That is champions spirit.

DChoff 6 years ago

But which fans have pointed fingers at others?? None of the many fans I know and go to watch Spurs with on a weekly basis have blamed anyone but ourselves. We'll quite honestly tell you our own mistakes have cost us. I think your dislike for the club is distorting your view on it.

"Spurs couldn't take the same opportunities time after time. It says about club identity that they still couldn't change and they are not on the right direction."

Explain that. Missed opportunities I fully agree with 100% But dont question the identity of the club. Spurs are a side that cannot compete with any of the other top 6 in terms of money so have to be smart with a mixture of youth and homegrown talent. They play a great brand of football and have done nothing but improve every season since Poch took over. How can you possibly say they are not going in the right direction?

I'd have agreed if youd had said they have wasted alot of potential.

Also to claim that is the weakest Juventus side in 4 years is a bit of a stretch. Theyre a very good side. Theyve replaced every player theyve lost with quality. They have 2 of the best strikers in the world up front.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

To be fair to Marcus, I too believe this is the weakest Juventus side

With that being said, they are a giant, and giants can never be underestimated.