Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Real Madrid vs PSG, prediction and talk.
Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

The war has already started by approaching Neymar lately as a possible target for Madrid. For me it’s the game of round of 16, both teams are playing their season here, both coaches too...

Madrid : Only competition that they can compete for after Copa del Rey loss and the gap in la liga which unless a miracle will be lost too.
Zidane is playing his job here, you can end up trophiless but not with this kind of result or display. To be maintained he should get a winning streak in the league and at least a semifinal position in CL.

Unai Emery has never been totally trusted by PSG fans and journalists despite his EL results with Sevilla. He was praised vs Barca in first leg then highly criticized In La remuntada. At Paris, something is sure, you can win all domestic competitions there is only one that would looks like for owners and opinion as a real success : it’s the big ears cup. They have never reached semifinals and they would be shocked if they don’t qualify to quarters... Neymar and Mbappe were bought for CL, and so Lassana Diarra to reinforce midlefield.

A game where everyone can loose big while winner is just advancing to next round, biggest pressured game and a must WATCH.

What’s your first leg predictions ?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11429

Why do Messi/Ronaldo discussions bother you? It is one of the most widely discussed topic for the last decade.

Cause it boring? I mean, if a discussion has been discussed again and again for decade, I think it would start losing it charm a bit. :P But more seriously, I think its also because the discussion tend to overtake the main topic of a thread, if you really want to debate Ronaldo vs Messi, it would be nice you do it on a thread specially made for that, so those who actually want to focus on the topic at hand don't get offtracked by those who want to talk about CR7 and Messi. By the way Amerr, its good to see you, been too long since we last seen you on the forum. Hope all is well my friend. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Why do Messi/Ronaldo discussions bother you? It is one of the most widely discussed topic for the last decade.

Cause it boring? I mean, if a discussion has been discussed again and again for decade, I think it would start losing it charm a bit. But more seriously, I think its also because the discussion tend to overtake the main topic of a thread, if you really want to debate Ronaldo vs Messi, it would be nice you do it on a thread specially made for that, so those who actually want to focus on the topic at hand don't get offtracked by those who want to talk about CR7 and Messi. By the way Amerr, its good to see you, been too long since we last seen you on the forum. Hope all is well my friend. :D

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Amer: it's all good :D. Hope you enjoy the discussion and not get dragged away from the main discussion.

Ronaldo vs. Messi, trust me, we have seen those enough around here like Emo said, every.single.time. It's like you discuss about restaurants, food, life, moon, sun then it's all end up if donut is better than apple pie. lol....

Manchester United and especially our coaches have broken my heart more than my gfs every done... Man, if I hadn't been cool enough, I would have been a VIP member of some TV shop ALREADY! I have faith in my team, but not these coaches, our purchases... Last game against Chelsea might give a false hope, face it, Chelsea ain't that good this year.

BTW, I came back here because:

NEYMAR is injured, and will not be featured... huge blow... is the tie over?

• History

@Amer: it's all good :D. Hope you enjoy the discussion and not get dragged away from the main discussion.

Ronaldo vs. Messi, trust me, we have seen those enough around here like Emo said, every.single.time. It's like you discuss about restaurants, food, life, moon, sun then it's all end up if donut is better than apple pie. lol....

Manchester United and especially our coaches have broken my heart more than my gfs every done... Man, if I hadn't been cool enough, I would have been a VIP member of some TV shop ALREADY! I have faith in my team, but not these coaches, our purchases... Last game against Chelsea might give a false hope, face it, Chelsea ain't that good this year.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Huge blow was drawing Real Madrid.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He’s not out yet. The injury isn’t as bad as thought.

Madrid’s injuries Are also serious, like Marcelo and Kroos.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Marcus Thats banter. :P

@amir Yeah, you are right, I just read an article were Emery said there was a slight chance Neymar would actually play the game. But even if he didn't, I will repeat what Zidane said, even if Neymar doesn't play, there will be another player who will play there, a player with maybe even more motivation than Neymar would have.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@Darthfooty To be fair, I don't think it matter what Neymar or PSG want, if he risk his health by playing, then he should not be allowed to go on the pitch. This guy has one of the biggest potential in the world right now and this is exactly the kind of moment who can push a player into ruining his career. Hopefully, if he play, it will be only if he completely healed.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This happened to Messi before (against PSG and Bayern), and a lot of others. They have to decide together whether to take the risk, if the has 70% chance of playing they would have to go on the same route:

• If about 60' min in the game and they have no chance of going next, dont use him
  • If about 60' min in, and they just need 1 goal more to break through but being stuck, then use him ONLY if he wants too.

Loosing Kroos is a big problem for Real though

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If its true that he fractured his bone there is no way that he will play.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1095

I agree with you Emobot7 and Golazo111. If it is really a fracture, he will not play, nor should he even if it's a sprain.

As a player, especially in a game of this level, if you can take some painkillers and be mobile enough, of course, you will want to play. We have seen it with lots of stars and while it is commendable, it is a huge risk for future issues.

While medicine has come a long way in helping ligament and tendon issues, a full tear could take his career. His body will look to overcompensate his injury and put more stress on other areas, he could fully tear something that was "just a sprain" to begin with.

I would not play him unless they know its a slight issue and he can recover in a week. From the sounds of it though, a major sprain should not be tested and a break even more so.

Given Real's current form, even with Neymar, I am not sure they would pull it off. They can score in bunches, but so can Real. Aggregate is not on PSG's side at all.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6882

If Neymar is not playing then we are done. We'll be licking the wounds, changing coach and rebooting for next season. I'm not counting out PSG... but 3-1 down against Real madrid and an injured Neymar feels too much.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I think the article was made before the scans. A lot of people saw him stretched off the pitch and in tears, then assumed he will be out.

I mean then again, if Di Maria plays instead they might rely less on him and improve their collective ability, but Neymar would never be a hinder to PSG’s slim chances of going through. They did well in the first half but they conceded two stupid goals. That will cost you in UCL.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

PSG in my mind was going to beat Real Madrid because last season the person that knocked them out was Neymar and now they have him. In the home game vs Barcelona without Neymar it was 4:0. Like they say it's not over till the fat lady sings :p

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Neymar is officially out, Unai is bluffing Madrid but Neymar senior stated that his son will be unavailable for 5 to 6 weeks... Selecao doctor came to Paris, there is no chance for PSG to play him injured 4 month before WC.

Im not sure it’s the end of the world for PSG, he was wasteful in first leg, every ball went through him and he was concentrated to get the spotlight that he forgot Cavani in first leg. I believe Di Maria was ready for his Bernabeu revenge, it was a mistake not to play him.

There was a PSG before Neymar, and they suffered to adapt to playing around him even if it’s working. Now If i was Emery, I think would be easy for me to motivate all the loisirs from Neymar transfer : Draxler, Pastore and Di Maria.

They will loose on strikeforce but win on balance, without Neymar it’s an additional defending player, it’s Cavani and Mbappe being more used and it’s a room for over motivated Di Maria who is dangerous when he wants to.

There is also a good news, Motta is back in full fitness so the XI fielded in second leg will be balanced. It’s still complicated due to first leg result But the tie is not over...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Golazo Fock... I hope he won't miss world cup because of this. What a damn shame it would be. :( I don't really think its Unai fault but still, he is going to get blamed and Brazil will no doubt be angry at PSG if Neymar fail to recover in time. This might however be for the best for PSG, whoever will replace Neymar will have something to prove and this might just help PSG against Real.

• History

@Golazo Fock... I hope he won't miss world cup because of this. What a damn shame it would be. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago

PSG paid 226+100+40= 366 millions euros wages aside to get Neymar. I don’t think Selecao has something to say to them.
The way the saga is handled is absolutely disrespectful for the club.
The coach says he is waiting before rulling him out, his father directly told the press it was 6 weeks considering he and the Brazilian doctor decided to do an operation without asking PSG. Secondly they went directly to Brazil while Paris is one of the best medical City in the world and PSG has the best doctors...
Not sure PSG decided anything, Neymar father probably didn’t even asked them for agreement. If I was Nasser Al Khellaifi, I would be mad.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11429

@tiki To be fair, I understand Brazil want to do everything they can to get Neymar at 100% for World Cup but I also would understand if PSG was a bit annoyed by the lack of communication from Brazil. As for Nasser Al Khellaifi, when is he ever happy anyway. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It doesn't matter where he goes he's out injured, if he has a personal doctor he has all the right to go to him it's done.

Just look at the lineup of Zidane in the league he rested most key players even if he is not even close to securing a position in the league, then you look at Emery and he put a full starting team lineup when he has more or less 15 points ahead of the second team in the league...and then someone gets injured, ofc they win 3:0 but now you lost your biggest star. If the loss of 3:1 wasn't enough this lack of rotation and thinking ahead a bit should get him fired.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Well it depends of both teams status, Zidane has a team of winners, he knows they will be ready for CL without playing, they are experienced enough.
Unai team needs to get confidence to believe in a comeback, winning is the best way to make players in the right conditions. Neymar injury is a matter of Badr luck, he got only 3 injuries during his whole career andthe one vs Marseille is extremely unlucky, I’m not blaming him for that.
Neymar looks like wanting a move to Madrid and Madrid are prepared to offer CR7 for the transaction. It remains a supposition considering how PSG will refuse But he is intalk with Madrid at PSG expense.