Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL round of 16 : Real Madrid vs PSG, prediction and talk.
Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

The war has already started by approaching Neymar lately as a possible target for Madrid. For me it’s the game of round of 16, both teams are playing their season here, both coaches too...

Madrid : Only competition that they can compete for after Copa del Rey loss and the gap in la liga which unless a miracle will be lost too.
Zidane is playing his job here, you can end up trophiless but not with this kind of result or display. To be maintained he should get a winning streak in the league and at least a semifinal position in CL.

Unai Emery has never been totally trusted by PSG fans and journalists despite his EL results with Sevilla. He was praised vs Barca in first leg then highly criticized In La remuntada. At Paris, something is sure, you can win all domestic competitions there is only one that would looks like for owners and opinion as a real success : it’s the big ears cup. They have never reached semifinals and they would be shocked if they don’t qualify to quarters... Neymar and Mbappe were bought for CL, and so Lassana Diarra to reinforce midlefield.

A game where everyone can loose big while winner is just advancing to next round, biggest pressured game and a must WATCH.

What’s your first leg predictions ?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes it's a matter of bad luck but it's also a matter of Emery taking too much risk for no real reason.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

What I've noticed from PSG is that they have become a much more unified group. If they play the same way they did in the first half at the Bernabeu, they are certainly still in. Also they are in Parc des Princes, and they are very good there usually. They beat Bayern Munich 3 0 and Barcelona 4 0. Getting 3 goals will not be impossible. However, what I do know is that Real Madrid will surely score.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo Marseille is third in the league though so if he need to play Neymar against anyone, its against them and Monaco. Not saying your wrong or anything but still, people who come at the Parc des Princes are hoping to see Neymar play so no doubt there additional pressure for Emery to field Neymar. Beside, if Neymar wouldn't have been injured, there no doubt he wouldn't have been fielded against Troyes so he could rest a bit before the game against Real.

@amir For sure, the home game could actually be quite interesting no matter what.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Marseille is third in the league though so if he need to play Neymar against anyone, its against them and Monaco. Not saying your wrong or anything but still, people who come at the Parc des Princes are hoping to see Neymar play so no doubt there additional pressure for Emery to field Neymar. Beside, if Neymar wouldn't have been injured, there no doubt he wouldn't have been fielded against Troyes so he could rest a bit before the game against Real.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ronaldo has now scored 12 goals in 8 games, scored in every single game the king of Europe...PSG not even as strong as I thought, huge anticlimatic feel efter the buildup of this matchup.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

PSG had a bunch of good individuals... Real is so calm and class.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Not a bit of sympathy for PSG. Their owners deserve this humiliation after spending so much.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

PSG 51 game unbeaten at home in all competitions - and then came Real Madrid...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Yeah, not on the same level, but to be fair, it wasn't a bad game at all. PSG were much better in defense than in first game and the red card really killed their moral. I don't know what Verratti said to the ref but it must have been quite nasty. Still, even with 11 player, I think it could have only been 2-1 or 3-2 for PSG at maximum, so Real going through seem fair. Real also seemed more mature especially in attack. I blame Emery, he put pressure on him and his player by lossing the first game so badly, if he would have played Diarra and Thiago Silva in first leg, they might had taken less goal. :(

Oh, btw, Ronaldo is totally on fire in the CL this season, its crazy. :O

Edit: Also, its funny how the % of Real was around 30% in the poll at first and now its 50/50. People changed their mind over time? XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah, not on the same level, but to be fair, it wasn't a bad game at all. PSG were much better in defense than in first game and the red card really killed their moral. I don't know what Verratti said to the ref but it must have been quite nasty. Still, even with 11 player, I think it could have only been 2-1 or 3-2 for PSG at maximum, so Real going through seem fair. Real also seemed more mature especially in attack. I blame Emery, he put pressure on him and his player by lossing the first game so badly, if he would have played Diarra and Thiago Silva in first leg, they might had taken less goal. :(

Oh, btw, Ronaldo is totally on fire in the CL this season, its crazy. :O

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Men vs Kids. From minute 5 I knew PSG would draw or loose. Absolutely no passion, lost In midlefield with Poor Rabiot and Slow Motta. Only Areola, Silva, Verrati and Cavani tried. The rest looked not involved at all.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Verratti might have want to try a bit less though toward the end. :( Like I said though, Silva should have played first game, he clearly got more composure and experience to face a team like Real.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Not a bit of sympathy for PSG. Their owners deserve this humiliation after spending so much.

huh?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Verratti might have want to try a bit less though toward the end. :( Like I said though, Silva should have played first game, he clearly got more composure and experience to face a team like Real.

After Ronaldo broke PSG with the first goal he got frustrated and reckless...but even with a player less they scored a goal it shows they really tried their best but it wasn't enough, with or without Silva.
Last season Barcelona went to Paris and lost 4:0, Bayern went to Paris and lost 3:0 this season...but somehow Real Madrid managed to win, Zidane benched Kroos in favor of Kovacic for his defensive role and it's the first time Vasquez and Asensio got to start in a big game together with Ronaldo, all that means we saw a bit of a new Real Madrid.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Kovacic defense was great but he was lucky not to get a second yellow, he did a bunch of fault after his first card. As for Zidane and the 4-4-2, it was actually pretty great, Ronaldo had pretty much freedom to play on both wing depending on the situation. He was superb in that game. Benzema was a lot less impressive though. Lucas Vasquez was pretty good imo, good defending from him despite making some fault. PSG should have press more as well, Real dominated the game because they had possession. Also, can we agree M'bappe was pretty dissapointing in those two leg. I mean, he tried, but he never made the good choice. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

All the ppl that suddenly feel comfortable enough to mock with PSG makes me laugh... They were afraid talking before the game because of Real madrids poor form in the league. Now they come out of their caves as if they knew this outcome all the time... Losing is hard, but remember it the day your teams face hardship. There's no shame in losing to real madrid, I acknowledge their greatness. And besides, PSG have always been getting difficult draws especially in the playoffs. Still this is a good experience for many of the players that are young... with just the right manager, the future is bright.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Still this is a good experience for many of the players that are young... with just the right manager, the future is bright.

It's just a matter of time when PSG takes the next step. Teams like Real,Bayern,Barcelona will need to rebuild while PSG is just going to get stronger.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Yeah, fairplay to PSG, they at very least got a lot of people convinced this was gonna be tight game. So at very least, its show people are at last taking them seriously. Its too bad no one seem to remember they were scared of them and did not want their team to play against them though. I for one think it was a great game and that the final result could have been very different if certain factor wouldn't have been the same.

@Golazo Agreed, PSG will no doubt grow even stronger and this will serve as experience for the younger player to get even better especially in that kind of crucial game.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Real went against PSG as if they were losing, I felt that we were a goal down by the amount of pressing our team we applying. PSG should've done that last year against Barca.

Experience took place, Real knew exactly what to do while PSG were "hoping" the individual talent they have could pull something off. But credit to PSG, they tried their best and i wish them luck for next year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Reayrex Well said. Zidane is that kind of manager who will alway make his player play as if his team needed to score even if they're winning. I love it.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Pelle PSG should not hide themselves under RM greatness, over two legs they were beatable. PSG had a good first leg while the score didn’t reflect the game who was balanced till minute 84.
Second leg is a shameful one, they made 30 fucking minutes to understand that they should put some intensity, at the opposite they were playing slow pace football very suitable to the team with the best ball control. Even Madrid were surprised by PSG lack of hunger and revenge. After 10 min they started dominating the ball in PSG half of the field, if Zidane knew it he would have fielded a more attacking side with Bale and Isco instead of Kovacic Vasquez and the score could have been worst.
No, PSG shocked, their display wasn’t worth the hype and expectations of second leg. The result is a thing, the atitude of players like Rabiot, Mbappe, Alves and «  Pastore « well I would fire him directly, the guy has 15 min to play, his team is at 10 men he is not even running while Cavani is fighting for every ball defensively at 1-2. Disgraceful.

Cavani won my respect, this guy is a true warrior and has a big heart, most of the rest are bench of mercenaries... in a CL game vs Madrid you run till the end, you are paid for it...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I was praying before today that with our football, please dont let us draw Barca, Bayern or Real (with Ronaldo is on fire again)...

Now we didn't even make it through.... silly me