Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Claudio Ranieri sacked
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Leicester City Football Club has tonight (Thursday) parted company with its First Team Manager, Claudio Ranieri.

Claudio, appointed City manager in July 2015, led the Foxes to the greatest triumph in the Club’s 133-year history last season, as we were crowned champions of England for the first time. His status as the most successful Leicester City manager of all time is without question.

Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said:

This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the Club’s long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.

Assistant Manager and First Team Coach Paolo Benetti and First Team Sport Science and Conditioning Coach Andrea Azzalin have also parted company with the Club and leave with our thanks for their service and best wishes for the future.
enter image description here

I don't think this is the right time for sacking the manager, however good luck to him finding new team.

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

After all he's done, this was not what he deserved.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Where is the Dislike button? :/

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He had about 5 home games coming up against fair oppositions where Leicester could get a lot of points and Sevilla home match is crucial match that will be hard to win without Ranieri's experience ..

I think wrong time to sack such a caliber manager .. Leicester City has obviously gone a bit ahead of themselves .. now I wish them sink deeper than Titanic on EPL table and go back to championship football !

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He had about 5 home games coming up against fair oppositions that where Leicester could get a lot points and Sevilla home match ..

I think wrong time to sack such a caliber manager .. Leicester City has obviously gone a beat ahead of themselves .. now I wish them sink deeper than Titanic on EPL table and go back to championship football !

He had about 5 home games coming up against fair oppositions where Leicester could get a lot of points and Sevilla home match is crucial match that will be hard to win without Ranieri's experience ..

I think wrong time to sack such a caliber manager .. Leicester City has obviously gone a beat ahead of themselves .. now I wish them sink deeper than Titanic on EPL table and go back to championship football !

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You manage to get an away goal against Sevilla and have a good chance of entering the quarterfinals of the CL and you sack him? Really? Football teams have zero patience nowadays. Makes me wonder how fortunate Sir Alex was that United had the patience they did back in the late 80's...

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

In the short-term, this is a good decision. Your team is struggling to stay in the EPL and a managerial change usually has a positive influence on that. I understand the mindset.

However, the potential long-term viability of Ranieri with Leicester is incredibly high. The only reason to do this is because Leicester, as an organization, honestly believes that it is an EPL basement dweller side. I don't think the players believe that, and I doubt Ranieri did either.

I don't like the decision.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Makes me wonder how fortunate Sir Alex was that United had the patience they did back in the late 80's...

It was a different era, back then. You know where our clubs we got the revolving door attitude from? They got it from Spain, Italy and France, where clubs preferred to have 'coaches' co-ordinating with a Director of Football etc, instead of traditional British 'manager' model where all such matters were dictated by a single man.

Fergie didn't get TOO lucky, as English football was still very much in that old model at the time, and United were not a top side, and hadn't been for a long time so he didn't have the pressure that Chelsea, City etc are under today, but certainly as the money came pouring into the league his kind of legacy and tenure became rarer and rarer.

Also, don't discount that SAF was one of the GOATs. It's possible destiny had a say in this one. ;)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Fuck Leicester now. I hope they get relegated. The players let him down massively, they sack Ranieri. Fuck them.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

that is harsh imo

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Shame to see him sacked and I do think it will be hard for Leicester to find someone else who will not only get them out of a relegation battle, but first install some inspiration and spirit back in to the team. Leicester kind of made the same mistake as Chelsea last season in where they didn't spend sensibly in the transfer window after their title winning season. However that's not the main reason as i do feel certain players in the squad let Ranieri down.
Good luck to Leicester and hope they stay up!! :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That team is not even close to what they were last season, similar to Chelsea when they won the title and then sacked Mourinho the season after.

Vardy would be too much of a player if he produced the same season twice in a row, usually players slow down after a great season, Slimani became the most expensive player but he doesn't replace Vardy who is still expected to carry the team with goals and he isn't doing it.
Selling Kanté was the worst move they could do.

Ranieri did good and last season will be forever remembered but the club realised that he can't handle the situation and decided to change things and gamle just so that they don't drop out of the league.

DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Why don't the players get sacked when they underperform?? They let him down massively... Its absolutely disgraceful what the Leicester board have done - i feel so bad for Ranieri. I really do hope they get relegated now to teach them a lesson!! @Golazo - +1 for your comment mate! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Why don't the players get sacked when they underperform?? They let him down massively... Just like what happened to Mourinho with Chelsea after winning the PL. Its absolutely disgraceful what the Leicester board have done - i feel so bad for Ranieri. I really do hope they get relegated now to teach them a lesson!! :)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is terrible.

We saw that coming with the performances and it's kinda expected, the managerial board must know that team will be dead careful with the fox now, hence they would face must tougher tasks.

What good is this gonna do sacking him at this point???

:( Im not even talking about the history he has made for the club!

Gennady 7 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

terrible, terrible news. He did not deserve it.

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Totally irrational and stupid decision. Leicester were noone before Ranieri. After he made them EPL champions, they should pick their expectations more wisely. There is no way you can justify sacking Ranieri just because you're not top of the table again. They need to remember that they're "only" Leicester, and not some team that has been contesting #1-3 for the last 5 years.

I find this decision ridiculous and hope they'll get relegated.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Absolutely shocking news. After all he's done on his debut season with the Foxes, sacking him is insane. But that's just modern football for you, no patience at all in football teams' management boards.
Next week Leicester will face Sevilla in probably the biggest game in the King Power Stadium's history and the man who made it possible won't even be there to witness it. Absolute madness.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Leicester is now 2.8 odd to get relegated, anyone feels like?

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Such a pity.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

thoughts?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think that's a fire that needed to be fueled. Ol Gary is putting himself in an unenviable position on purpose to illustrate a point that most of us understand already.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Neville is just salty about being sacked from Valencia :P