Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Conte - In or Out?
legends16 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

So it seems Conte is on the brink of being sacked, according to some media reports. Should the board sack him, or not?

I think they should keep him. We are still in the top 4, in the Champions League and a cup too. Yes, we have had disappointing results recently but these are because the squad is not deep and strong enough.

A typical knee-jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Conte has gone out of his way to put himself out of the running for the Italy job which he could easily get, but instead has pledged to honour his contract with us. This shows his great commitment to us as a club - it's time we respected that and showed him some commitment. He also has had PSG enquiring about his availability - he could easily go there and get far more freedom with regards to buying players. And yet he is committed to Chelsea still. it's not like he has anything to prove either; he could still leave now as a success story who was loved by the fans.

We seem to be changing as a club - we no longer throw money at buying the best players out there just like that. Instead we look for bargains and will not overpay. As part of this club evolution we should change the culture of sacking managers after a couple of bad defeats too. Keeping Conte would be a statement of who we are as a club and the direction we are heading in.

Also, many won't admit it but the stability we will have if we keep Conte could be critical to Hazard staying.

Please put your thoughts down below. I'd be particularly interested to see what other Chelsea fans on here think. I've never really considered sacking Conte as an option this season, and thought most Chelsea fans would be the same, but some of the stuff on twitter made me doubt that. Though that could just be the plastics.

If you vote for Conte to be fired, please explain why you think so

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it seems Conte is on the brink of being sacked, according to some media reports. Should the board sack him, or not?

I think they should keep him. We are still in the top 4, in the Champions League and a cup too. Yes, we have had disappointing results recently but these are because the squad is not deep and strong enough.

A typical-knee jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

We seem to be changing as a club - we no longer throw money at buying the best players out there just like that. Instead we look for bargains and will not overpay. As part of this club evolution we should change the culture of sacking managers after a couple of bad defeats too. Keeping Conte would be a statement of who we are as a club and the direction we are heading in.

Also, many won't admit it but the stability we will have if we keep Conte could be critical to Hazard staying.

A typical-knee jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Please put your thoughts down below.

Conte has gone out of his way to put himself out of the running for the Italy job which he could easily get, but instead has pledged to honour his contract with us. This shows his great commitment to us as a club - it's time we respected that and showed him some commitment. He also has had PSG enquiring about his availability - he could easily go there and get far more freedom with regards to buying players. And yet he is committed to Chelsea still. it's not like he has anything to prove either; he could still leave now as a success story who was loved by the fans.

Please put your thoughts down below. I'd be particularly interested to see what other Chelsea fans on here think. I've never really considered sacking Conte as an option this season, and thought most Chelsea fans would be the same, but some of the stuff on twitter made me doubt that. Though that could just be the plastics.

A typical knee-jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Conte is not to be blamed.
The board decided to take most decision for transfers after Mourinho let go of so many players and Conte from the very start had to play with what he has and not what he wants.

Chelsea is actually rebuilding as a team, Morata is playing regularly for the first time in his life and there is a huge amount of trust from the players and coach.

But to be in top 4 after all key players were injured is already a good result, others teams with Chelsea's squad injuries wouldn't do half as good.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

No reason to keep him since board fucked it up and Conte didn't feel good in club, I don't even believe all players like Conte at all.

He is passionate guy and undoubtely world-class manager, it's was problem in board and not in him. Watch him go anywhere and do fantastic. Sigh, he's still only few points behind United with all these problems. And signing Giroud obviously isn't gonna help him either.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don’t get it, you limit what a manager can do and youwant to sack him??? It doesn’t make sense at all. He proved himself too much enough, sacking him would lead to a start again cycle for Chelsea.

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

absolutely keep him...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Keep him 100%. He won you the PL in his first season, managed to reach the knockout phase of champion league despite being in a group with a team who at least make the semi on a regular basis and with Roma who were completely on fire and above all else, he did so without been given what he asked for. If anything, Chelsea should do their utmost to make sure they keep him.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

We let Mourinho leave for the same damn reasons! It was exactly same season! I don't want samething happen to Conte. I am sick and tired of seeing players have their way. Board didn't show support in the summer transfers nor do they show support now to a manager!! I don't give a f8ck if player's motivation and moral isn't right because loosing to Watford 4-1 then to call yourseves world class players is utter disgrace ! Chelsea must start doing things differently and that is bringing in right players that MANAGER WANTS not FCKING SPORTING DIRECTOR OR THE ROMAN"S B*TCH, benching wrong ones and the most rebel ones send them away for good price otherwise let them rot on the bench!!

This players power is getting out of control at Chelsea. It stops us from moving forward and building something bigger than what we have now. Chelsea should be 100% behind a world class manager not behind damn players who are easy to replace tomorrow! Man if they don't want to play they can go fck themselves! It is that simple! If Chelsea goes to sh8t I could care less but at least we have players who genuinely play for the club not some scum who gets on the field just to check in.

anyways my rant of the day and YES, CONTE MUST STAY.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

What are you meant to do when the board sell Matic to a title rival and sign a donkey by the name of Bakayoko? The Costa drama didn't help either.

I'm only critical of Conte for his team selection. Never trusted Batshuayi, played literally anyone else as a false 9. Kante - Bakayoko is the most defensive midfield. Signs a new LWB, plays two RWBs. Barkley is 'still adapting' while Batshu, Auba etc. go straight into their respective teams and score goals. Should've dropped Cahill for the Watford game. Callum Wilson literally said after their 3-0 win that their main tactic was to target Cahill.

The board have definitely started all this negativity, and Conte has had near no input on transfers, so he definitely deserves to stay. Currently, he has the best win % among EPL managers in history, tied with Guardiola (min 5 games). Conte should stay.

But like always, once the whole club digs itself into a hole this big, climbing back up is difficult, and the easiest way to press the reset button is to sack the manager.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Also if we don't even look back at the previous season and not talk about the reasons why things are as they are right now, Conte is still top 4 currently which is the minimal to be expected and he passed the group stage of the Champions league which is also like the least thing to expect so he didn't really lose the season yet.

After all that has passed at this point he is 1 point behind Klopp, 6 behind Mourinho and 19 behind Guardiola, while also being ahead of Pochettino and Wenger.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

By the way, Chelsea situation really isn't that bad, no one expected them to compete for the title this year (because of CL and lack of new recruit) and while its true their form haven't been the best in recent month, they are still in a very good position to end up in the top four this season. Media and the board need to chill out. :U

• History

By the way, Chelsea situation really isn't that bad, no one expected to compete for the title this year (because of CL and lack of new recruit) and while its true their form haven't been the best in recent month, they are still in a very good position to end up in the top four this season. Media and the board need to chill out. :U

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The best thing Conte can do is just leave after this season. The environment is clearly toxic and Chelsea never defends or helps out the managers. Even a legend like Mou was just casted out by his own squad who just a season prior would give 110% for him. That squad is rotten to the core with how easily they just backstab the manager and kick him out as soon as results go against them.

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

^Conte doesn't want to leave, he is happy working with the players and vice versa.

Mourinho is more toxic than any other manager which is the main reason why he fell out of favour when it comes to Chelsea, his attitude and history of dealing with staff and players is enough evidence for that, and if that is not enough Mourinho sold a lot of great club players just because, example is Juan Mata that was the player of the year at the club for 2 seasons in a row but Mourinho suddenly didn't see him as fitting because he got Oscar and that was enough to simply sell him, another example is when De Bruyne came and clearly wanted the ball in his feet and freedom, Mourinho simply decided to sell him because he is a very rigid coach and now De Bruyne is the best player in the league, then his open discrimination towards the former team doctor Eva Carneiro made the whole club embarrassed, Mourinho lost the plot.

He is the main reason why the board now prefers to make their own decision and valuations, Chelsea has a big loan system in the league and after Mourinho made so many mistakes with the squad they see it as losing value for the club.

• History

^Conte doesn't want to leave, he is happy working with the players and vice versa.

Mourinho is more toxic than any other manager which is the main reason why he fell out of favour when it comes to Chelsea, his attitutude and history of dealing with staff and players is enough evidence for that, and if that is not enough Mourinho sold a lot of great club players just because, example is Juan Mata that was the player of the year at the club for 2 seasons in a row but Mourinho suddenly didn't see him as fitting because he got Oscar and that was enough to simply sell him, another example is when De Bruyne came and clearly wanted the ball in his feet and freedom, Mourinho simply decided to sell him because he is a very rigid coach and now De Bruyne is the best player in the league, then his open discrimination towards the former team doctor Eva Carneiro made the whole club embarrassed, Mourinho lost the plot.

Mourinho is more toxic than any other manager which is the main reason why he fell out of favour when it comes to Chelsea, his attitude and history of dealing with staff and players is enough evidence for that, and if that is not enough Mourinho sold a lot of great club players just because, example is Juan Mata that was the player of the year at the club for 2 seasons in a row but Mourinho suddenly didn't see him as fitting because he got Oscar and that was enough to simply sell him, another example is when De Bruyne came and clearly wanted the ball in his feet and freedom, Mourinho simply decided to sell him because he is a very rigid coach and now De Bruyne is the best player in the league, then his open discrimination towards the former team doctor Eva Carneiro made the whole club embarrassed, Mourinho lost the plot.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

To add, the most recent outburst of the toxic attitude of Mourinho is that he has called other managers clowns for their goal celebrations, he also took some digs at Manchester United legend Paul Scholes saying that he "hopes" that Scholes will be at least 25% as good as a coach as he is...

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@golazo

Not everyone gets it right. Selling Mata for that price was a hell of deal and it would have been stupid not to accep it. Mata never fit our system even before Mourinho. Yeah he was assisting a lot but against big clubs he often would disappear. There are a lot of positives and negatives but he clearly was not better option than Oscar. Who btw we sold for rediculous price too and Luiz we sold him for great price as well and our defense was as a rock even after he left.

De Bruyne i am bitter about but I am also bitter that De Bruyne confessed himself that he didn't put a lot of effort. At times failure is what it takes for one to succeed.

Board has short term goals in the club and that puts pressure on the managers to get results fast and then managers are forced to sacrifice wood that doesn't add value because they want their spots given to them but who later somehow start to flourish in another leagues. Definitely board needs to change their culture then players will understand that they are in the club where you need to excel not demand it like a baby. Board has been making decisions for their managers since 2008 and before that is why Mou left the first time and every manager ever since did what board wants and brought players mostly sport director told them to bring.

Chelsea fans quickly forget key players that Mourinho brought whom Conte used to win the league. I won't list them because you know them. Conte honestly didn't revolutionize our way of playing but he is brought a flavor to defensive football. Either way man is world class and must stay.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@golazo

Because of easily manipulated by media people like you Mourinho is toxic apparently. Media stirs sh*t between managers then feeds it to the fans.

"Mourinho was asked if he had the hunger and desire to continue to compete and replied: "Because I don't behave as a clown on the touchline it means that I lost my passion?" Conte, who is an animated figure on the touchline, was asked about the quote at his pre-match press conference and suggested Mourinho - who has wildly celebrated goals in the past - has 'demenza senile'."

There is no reference to Conte but reporters asked him and he got triggered like a little boy. Just like he got triggered with Costa. That is one negative side about Conte. I don't think he is cool headed man. And again Scholes runs his mouth 24/7 on the tv as if he is expert and said unpleasant things so Mourinho responded back. His comments were clearly directed at Mourinho and I would have said same thing to someone who preaches me about my work thus working alongside media for my sack!

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea fans quickly forget key players that Mourinho brought whom Conte used to win the league. I won't list them because you know them. Conte honestly didn't revolutionize our way of playing but he is brought a flavor to defensive football. Either way man is world class and must stay.

You are wrong there, Conte did change a lot in the way Chelsea plays, he is the one that brought the 3-4-3 system which after him a lot of managers have used and/or tried to implement, before Conte Chelsea didn't play like they play today.

Mourinho had his key players but he lost them, he lost the trust of the club, staff and players and was fired once again and for a good reason.

There is no reference to Conte but reporters asked him and he got triggered like a little boy.

Nobody is a little boy, Conte was asked about what he thinks and he honestly answered the question which is his job during press, Mourinho didn't need to say any names when he implied a few people in his statement so don't be naive.
This bitter attitude of Mourinho didn't start at that point but actually last season when Chelsea trashed Manchester United 4:0, if you remember Conte was celebrating and at the end of the match Mourinho told him NOT TO ACT LIKE THAT. This is something that Conte didn't forget so his response is an automatic use of logic because everyone knows how Mourinho used to act before, during his time in Chelsea, Internazionale and Real Madrid he always have had big reactions on the sidelines and was known to celebrate just as Klopp and Conte are doing today.

Don't forget that Mourinho was the one that was hiding his starting lineups from the rest of the squad, his whole act was wrong as he was calling out players and always blaming anything or anyone else but himself. And this is the big irony, he made very big mistakes with De Bruyne and Lukaku, but in Manchester United he bought Lukaku again and Mata is a regular in his team now, it points out that he had some other fantasies going on in his own mind while he was in Chelsea last time.

• History

You are wrong there, Conte did change a lot in the way Chelsea plays, he is the one that brought the 3-4-3 system which after him a lot of managers have used and/or tried to implement, before Conte Chelsea didn't play like they play today.

Mourinho had his key players but he lost them, he lost the trust of the club, staff and players and was fired once again and for a good reason.

There is no reference to Conte but reporters asked him and he got triggered like a little boy.

Nobody is a little boy, Conte was asked about what he thinks and he honestly answered the question which is his job during press, Mourinho didn't need to say any names when he implied a few people in his statement so don't be naive.
This bitter attitude of Mourinho didn't start at that point but actually last season when Chelsea trashed Manchester United 4:0, if you remember Conte was celebrating and at the end of the match Mourinho told him NOT TO ACT LIKE THAT. This is something that Conte didn't forget so his response is an automatic use of logic because everyone knows how Mourinho used to act before, during his time in Chelsea, Internazionale and Real Madrid he always have big reactions in the sidelines and was known to celebrate just as Klopp and Conte are doing today.

Don't forget that Mourinho was the one that was hiding his starting lineups from the rest of the squad, his whole act was wrong as he was calling out players and always blaming anything or anyone else but himself. And this is the big irony, he made very big mistakes with De Bruyne and Lukaku, but in Manchester United he bought Lukaku again and Mata is a regular in his team now, it points out that he had some other fantasies going on in his own mind while he was in Chelsea last time.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

3-4-3, great tactics that no longer work for us and he reverted back to reinventing the wheel with 3-5-2 last game which killed us. Our possession percentage isn't much different to what Mourinho used to have and our scoring tally isn't any higher either. That is why I say we didn't change by much.

Perhaps you are right and Mourinho did play another evil of his tricks but question was still directed to Mourinho about why he doesn't jump from side to side with passion so he answered. Conte could have reacted differently but being hot head he reacted exactly like media expected him to react and hence why they brought that question up. Klopp didn't react to this but Conte did because Klopp is cold headed german who doesn't give a damn and knows what's going on.

What is wrong with hiding starting lineup?

Mate? Isn't exactly what Conte doing now? Why doesn't he get as much sh*t? Conte blamed board, players and Italy but not himself like his handling of Costa or Luiz or fact that he was given one good chance to sign someone and we got Morata whose legs are broken because I don't have other explanantio for his consntant falling down and goals with the head.

Mata is regular, and is he making wonders at United? Honestly most of our players at the time and still can make starting line up easily at United. United still isn't that great at all. Lukaku same case didn't the guy cry about not having enough time on the pitch? Board pressures for results and Mourinho can't afford to play unproven young striker upfront every game ahead of other experienced strikers. None of our previous managers and current one can play young unproven players every game. However, food for Lukaku because now he is starting player for United and Mourinho probably bought him with blessing from the club because Lukaku was hot asset. Yet, he is again struggling.

I can I agree with you De Bruyne was a mistake but every manager gets it wrong with players. Sir Alex has his own long list of players he miscalculated.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Why doesn't he get as much sh*t?

It's not the same because Conte has a different personality and history, but if bad results keep happening there is no doubt that he will not only get all the blame but he will get sacked.
I just think that till this point Conte has been a good manager and that he hasn't been avoiding to take responsibility for the squad, the injuries have been too many ever since the start of the pre-season someone was injured and that is not normal and if there is a way to blame Conte for that then he is to be blamed but I don't think that can be his fault.

Lets face it, the first team is a bit lost after Cahill is totally out of his shape and David Luiz has had a lot of problems too, Christiansen alongside with Alonso have been the saving grace, if they had been just average we would be a mid-ranked team now.
There is a silent transition going on but Conte didn't have 500 mil pounds to spend on new defense like Pep so we have to deal with it, the difference is that Morata is also just establishing himself as a regular first option in attack for the first time in his career and we also have a prospect for the long-term Bakayoko that is very talented but too young and lacks Premier League experience.

People have said that Chelsea is doing worse because of CL football but truth is if our squad was healthy we would be doing much better, that same squad more or less won the league while playing CL football in previous years too so having more games now is not the real reason why the team has been playing worse, but then again who is to be blamed for so many injuries?
It's almost like in the NBA current season where a lot of players and teams have suffered with injuries - nobody can be really blamed it's just unlucky because it's not like we have an old squad, so for now as I see it, Conte has that injury card to play if needed and it's valid IMO.

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited

@golazo

Overall, I agree with you. One thing though he is clearly frustrated that he wasn't given full transfer control and that is why he is hinting that he isn't only one to blame.

• History

@golazo

Overall, I agree with you. One thing though he is clearly frustrated that he wasn't given full transfer control and that is why he is hinting that it isn't his fault.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Seems like Roman is negotiating with Luis Enrique as future replacement, if it’s true then better keep Conte at any task :p

Conte seems having issues with the direction, it’s sportively unjustified that Roman wants to sack him.
I mean from poor Chelsea season to PL champions, and this season is not catastrophic if they make it to Top 4.
Only thing I can criticize on him is Diego Costa/Batshuay management, Costa’s saga may have affected the dressing room because he was loved by his teammates, they were harsh on him not saying it’s undeserved, just saying that it probably had impact on first leg results. Imo

Marcus2011 6 years ago

I kept saying Conte dealing with Costa in that manner will comeback to bite him. Costa is the hot head guy and that is why you need a cool head talking to him not Conte who can't control himself at times. It is all shame because Conte is amazing manager for us and letting him go again puts us back into instability that we try to achieve.