Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Conte - In or Out?
legends16 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

So it seems Conte is on the brink of being sacked, according to some media reports. Should the board sack him, or not?

I think they should keep him. We are still in the top 4, in the Champions League and a cup too. Yes, we have had disappointing results recently but these are because the squad is not deep and strong enough.

A typical knee-jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Conte has gone out of his way to put himself out of the running for the Italy job which he could easily get, but instead has pledged to honour his contract with us. This shows his great commitment to us as a club - it's time we respected that and showed him some commitment. He also has had PSG enquiring about his availability - he could easily go there and get far more freedom with regards to buying players. And yet he is committed to Chelsea still. it's not like he has anything to prove either; he could still leave now as a success story who was loved by the fans.

We seem to be changing as a club - we no longer throw money at buying the best players out there just like that. Instead we look for bargains and will not overpay. As part of this club evolution we should change the culture of sacking managers after a couple of bad defeats too. Keeping Conte would be a statement of who we are as a club and the direction we are heading in.

Also, many won't admit it but the stability we will have if we keep Conte could be critical to Hazard staying.

Please put your thoughts down below. I'd be particularly interested to see what other Chelsea fans on here think. I've never really considered sacking Conte as an option this season, and thought most Chelsea fans would be the same, but some of the stuff on twitter made me doubt that. Though that could just be the plastics.

If you vote for Conte to be fired, please explain why you think so

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it seems Conte is on the brink of being sacked, according to some media reports. Should the board sack him, or not?

I think they should keep him. We are still in the top 4, in the Champions League and a cup too. Yes, we have had disappointing results recently but these are because the squad is not deep and strong enough.

A typical-knee jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

We seem to be changing as a club - we no longer throw money at buying the best players out there just like that. Instead we look for bargains and will not overpay. As part of this club evolution we should change the culture of sacking managers after a couple of bad defeats too. Keeping Conte would be a statement of who we are as a club and the direction we are heading in.

Also, many won't admit it but the stability we will have if we keep Conte could be critical to Hazard staying.

A typical-knee jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Please put your thoughts down below.

Conte has gone out of his way to put himself out of the running for the Italy job which he could easily get, but instead has pledged to honour his contract with us. This shows his great commitment to us as a club - it's time we respected that and showed him some commitment. He also has had PSG enquiring about his availability - he could easily go there and get far more freedom with regards to buying players. And yet he is committed to Chelsea still. it's not like he has anything to prove either; he could still leave now as a success story who was loved by the fans.

Please put your thoughts down below. I'd be particularly interested to see what other Chelsea fans on here think. I've never really considered sacking Conte as an option this season, and thought most Chelsea fans would be the same, but some of the stuff on twitter made me doubt that. Though that could just be the plastics.

A typical knee-jerk firing would be wrong. Give Conte time to build a proper team, and without a doubt I know he can lead us to PL victory again. Remember what he did in his first season - that was no coincident.

Comments
legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I agree @tiki and @Marcus, but I also think people forget the true situation with Costa.

Yes, Conte did handle the situation wrongly, but Costa did have to go anyway. Costa said in the transfer window when Conte first came that he wanted to leave for Atleti. Conte did well to keep him on for a season until he could get a replacement in, Morata, whilst also getting fantastic goalscoring form from him which was crucial to us wining the title.

If Costa had stayed he would still be hankering to leave every transfer window and probably causing a bit of unrest in the dressing room. He was being a selfish brat who kept threatening to leave thinking he was indispensable and bigger than the club, and Conte basically just reminded him that wasn't true when he said Costa could leave for China if he wanted to. Yes, he shouldn't have been so hot-headed but if you consider the whole picture he made the best of an awkward situation.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Courtois is hankering to leave every transfer but we keep that fcker happy as much as we can.

Situation was worse because it also became public! Suddenly everyone knew we were desperate and it didn't help us at all. Conte with rest of the management should have foreseen repercussions of creating drama.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If I was 99% sure that Conte should stay, after this game against Barcelona I'm 100% for Don Conte, he's our lion.
Flawless game plan where Suarez and Messi where shut down for the whole game, this is a life lesson for Christensen, it was his biggest game and being only 21 he fell down to the pressure.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Chelsea should stop firing coaches after one bad season.

Conte should stay

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I don’t agree on Cristensen being the main responsible. Well i know it’s unpopular but I develop my point. Clearly Cesc and Azpi are more responsible, why ?

Chelsea since scoring each time they had to clear a situation crossed forward and it was instant recovery for Barca. Here Christensen tried to build up by short passing, presence of Messi obliged him to shoot pass the ball harder, but Cesc who is the player the nearest to him who his main role is to link up defense and attack was not waiting for the ball at all, poor positioning not in front of the game, he logically missed the pass he was supposed to be ready for it.

Then again for me both situations are frequent in a football game, these foul don’t ultimately lead to concede a goal. But what made it dangerous is Azpi missing his tackle in front of Iniesta is the worst thing you can do in a game, he will take the space optimize him, go forward and pass to the best option who sadly for Chelsea was Messi.
If Azpi didn’t tackle, well that was a lost ball, Azpi was nearer the ball, Iniesta would have taken it first then the space would have been covered by Azpi = Back pass. The action would have been stopped.

You take Azpi out of the equation, Iniesta is alone, Cesc is obliged to be between Iniesta and Suarez, and then Messi isn’t completely free...

Responsibility for the goal conceded :
10% Christensen : the pass was not as Bad a s Cesc positioning.
30% Cesc : the one supposed to link up isn’t even waiting for the ball, ultimately missed that pass.
60% Azpi : his miscalculated tackle caused the goal, you should never miss your challenge in you are the last man no matter who passed the ball or how the ball was.

If Azpi stayed on husband feet : no goal.

Edit : wrong thread.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don’t agree on Cristensen being the main responsible. Well i know it’s unpopular but I develop my point. Clearly Cesc and Azpi are more responsible, why ?

Chelsea since scoring each time they had to clear a situation crossed forward and it was instant recovery for Barca. Here Christensen tried to build up by short passing, presence of Messi obliged him to shoot pass the ball harder, but Cesc who is the player the nearest to him who his main role is to link up defense and attack was not waiting for the ball at all, poor positioning not in front of the game, he logically missed the pass he was supposed to be ready for it.

Then again for me both situations are frequent in a football game, these foul don’t ultimately lead to concede a goal. But what made it dangerous is Azpi missing his tackle in front of Iniesta is the worst thing you can do in a game, he will take the space optimize him, go forward and pass to the best option who sadly for Chelsea was Messi.
If Azpi didn’t tackle, well that was a lost ball, Azpi was nearer the ball, Iniesta would have taken it first then the space would have been covered by Azpi = Back pass. The action would have been stopped.

You take Azpi out of the equation, Iniesta is alone, Cesc is obliged to be between Iniesta and Suarez, and then Messi isn’t completely free...

Responsibility for the goal conceded :
10% Christensen : the pass was not as Bad a s Cesc positioning.
30% Cesc : the one supposed to link up isn’t even waiting for the ball, ultimately missed that pass.
60% Azpi : his miscalculated tackle caused the goal, you should never miss your challenge in you are the last man no matter who passed the ball or how the ball was.

If Azpi stayed on husband feet : no goal.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Lol, thats what happen when you go on more than thread at a time. XD

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea being outside of top 4 now makes me feel that if Conte doesn't secure that CL spot he will be fired.
It's up to the team to show if they can do it because at one point we were the second team behind Man City...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo There is still a long time till the end of season, I wouldn't give up on a four place finish if I were you mate. ;) Chelsea are still personally one of the best team in PL and I think they will be able to compete with the other team who are slightly above them for a top four finish.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

True that Emo.

It does really look tough on Chelsea, though. Chelsea seems out of idea while attacking at the end of the last half of the first part. If they could play every game like they did against Barca, they would be back to top 2 in no time.

However, most of the team they would face in EPL, they would be the attacking force, and since the last few months, they seem lack of ideas up there, or not able to finish...

But I would never write them off!

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think Conte should leave. He deserves better.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Well, its really depend how he feel, but one thing for sure, he shouldn't be sacked, that would be an huge mistake for Chelsea in my opinion.

Lodatz 6 years ago

I wonder if Conte will go back to Juve if Allegri goes to Arsenal?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Don’t take those rumours too seriously. Allegri won’t come. I doubt a manager of his quality will come to Arsenal especially with owner like Kronke and no CL football.

Although I doubt Conte will get a job anytime soon, all the rumours he had been linked with are gone it seems.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz If Allegri does move and that Conte is actually sacked, Juventus could certainly be a destination for him. Otherwise, he could move to Milan, it could actually be a match made in heaven.

Lodatz 6 years ago

Ooh, I can see Milan too. Good point.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Yeah, thats propably just me hoping but who know, if it happened, he could seriously hurt Juventus domination of the league.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Conte's job options are narrowing now that Tuchel has the PSG job and Mancini has the Italy job. Imho if he isn't sacked he will want to stay, unless a great opportunity at Juve does arrive (maybe if Allegri does go to Arsenal).