Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Conte leaving sooner than thought?
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I've saw quite a lot of information to convince me that Conte will leave in about another season or two, and after debating with a few Chelsea fans on this site, I've decided to make a thread.

• Longest time as manager was three years, which was at Juventus. Yes, there was a few problems he had with the team in terms of form in the Champions League, but even with that, he wasn't sacked at Juventus.

• Family. His family lives in Italy, and although they visit him a lot, and he visits them at his time in Italy, he has admitted that he missed them, and vice versa.

• Homesick rumours. To be honest, personally he doesn't look sick, but since he is new in England, it's potentially true. I really doubt this, but it's another reason.

• Rumors to Inter. This one is believable. Inter's stakeholders have gotten a massive boost recently, and as new sacking schemes that seem to happen a lot recently, Poli could lose his job. Bradley went to Swansea, Zola to Birmingham... This makes it more believable.

• Chelsea's nature. A few years now, and Chelsea have still been sacking managers right left and center. Conte probably won't go now, but after one or two seasons, I can see this happening.

• Tendancy to lose dressing room. It's happened even with Conte ( Costa), and this is just more of an indication. Ivanovic said he would rather lose a game with Mou than win

Some of it probably isn't true, and if you want to prove me wrong, feel free to show your side of the argument.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I've saw quite a lot of information to convince me that Conte will leave in about another season or two, and after debating with a few Chelsea fans on this site, I've decided to make a thread.

• Longest time as manager was three years, which was at Juventus. Yes, there was a few problems he had with the team in terms of form in the Champions League, but even with that, he wasn't sacked at Juventus.

• Family. His family lives in Italy, and although they visit him a lot, and he visits them at his time in Italy, he has admitted that he missed them, and vice versa.

• Homesick rumours. To be honest, personally he doesn't look sick, but since he is new in England, it's potentially true. I really doubt this, but it's another reason.

• Rumors to Inter. This one is believable. Inter's stakeholders have gotten a massive boost recently, and as new sacking schemes that seem to happen a lot recently, Poli could lose his job. Bradley went to Swansea, Zola to Birmingham... This makes it more believable.

• Chelsea's nature. A few years now, and Chelsea have still been sacking managers right left and center. Conte probably won't go now, but after one or two seasons, I can see this happening.

• Tendancy to lose dressing room. It's happened even with Conte ( Costa), and this is just more of an indication. Ivanovic said he would rather lose a game with Mou than win

Some of it probably isn't true, and if you want to prove me wrong, feel free to show your side.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Rumors are 99.9% of the time complete and utter bull. Stop reading into them so much.

SunFlash

Rumors are 99.9% of the time complete and utter bull. Stop reading into them so much.

Okay, but Costa didn't play against Bournemouth if I recall correctly, and that probably shows it wasn't a rumour.

JuanMata10

Thanks for the links, always good to see things from both sides, especially from a reliable source from SKY. Whilst I think he will stay next season, I personally don't believe he will stay long term. I would like to see him actually sign the contract, if that makes sense. Take your +1 though.

• History

SunFlash

Okay, but Costa didn't play against Bournemouth if I recall correctly, and that probably shows it wasn't a rumour.

JuanMata10

Thanks for the links, always good to see things from both sides, especially from a reliable source from SKY. Whilst I think he will stay next season, I personally don't believe he will stay long term. I would like to see him actually sign the contract, if that makes sense. Take your +1 though.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Well, if he keep on producing the way he is currently producing at Chelsea, you gotta hope it won't be for long, or else, EPL might end up being a boring one-horse race. XD Joking aside, I seriously think Conte might just be too good a manager, I mean he got everything, he has great strategy, he can adapt his tactic, he adapt quickly to the league he is in, he is not afraid to change the way the team was working and manage to attract the player he need. He seriously got it all. :D

• History

Well, if he keep on producing the way he is currently producing at Chelsea, you gotta hope it won't be for long, or else, EPL might end up being a boring one-horse race. XD Joking aside, I seriously think Conte might just be too good a manager, I mean he got everything, he has great strategy, he can adapt, he adapt quickly, is not afraid to change the way the club was working and manage to attract the player he need. He seriously got it all. :D

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Instead of talking bs, why don't you do some research yourself and listen to conte's interview which he said that he wants long term stay at chelsea.

I'll give you a 0/10 for this thread.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Can't tell you a thing about it, everything looks okay atm with Chelsea's board....

amir_keal 7 years ago

Emobot7

Well, if he keep on producing the way he is currently producing at Chelsea, you gotta hope it won't be for long, or else, EPL might end up being a boring one-horse race. XD Joking aside,

Helps football lol.

I seriously think Conte might just be too good a manager, I mean he got everything, he has great strategy, he can adapt his tactic, he adapt quickly to the league he is in, he is not afraid to change the way the team was working and manage to attract the player he need. He seriously got it all. :D

Agreed for the most, but he did admit finding it hard at the start in terms of adapting in England. +1 though.

chelsea8

Instead of talking bs, why don't you do some research yourself and listen to conte's interview which he said that he wants long term stay at chelsea.

It's not bs though, and I couldn't find an interview which said he wants long term stay at Chelsea, so could you please send a link?

I'll give you a 0/10 for this thread.

As previously stated I will revive this thread, no worries :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@amir Indeed, then again, I think its nearly impossible for a manager or player to adapt to the EPL in only a few month. Conte did it in about what? Four or three month? Thats impressive in itself. :D

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Depending on what you refer to as soon. He'll stay as long as he doesn't fuck up Mou style last year. It's just weird that this topic is up, in his first season when he's about to win the league and everything is great.

In the last pre match interview he talked about on how he is working on moving his family to London, as they've lived in Italy until now.

He's staying, and that's it.

Btw, those Inter rumors and other "news" are always never true.

Emobot7

I think its nearly impossible for a manager or player to adapt to the EPL in only a few month. Conte did it in about what? Four or three month? Thats impressive in itself. :D

Yep, agreed.

KTBFFHSWE

Depending on what you refer to as soon. He'll stay as long as he doesn't **** up Mou style last year. It's just weird that this topic is up, in his first season when he's about to win the league and everything is great.

Soon is about two more seasons. Well, yeah. I wasn't going to put it up, but it's a conscious topic which needed a little explanation, that's all.

In the last pre match interview he talked about on how he is working on moving his family to London, as they've lived in Italy until now.

True, but they can go very quickly as stated above.

Considering Inter's new ownership, it's not impossible. They would want someone good to start their revive.

• History

Emobot7

Yep, agreed.

KTBFFHSWE

Depending on what you refer to as soon. He'll stay as long as he doesn't **** up Mou style last year. It's just weird that this topic is up, in his first season when he's about to win the league and everything is great.

Soon is about two more seasons. Well, yeah. I wasn't going to put it up, but it's a conscious topic which needed a little explanation, that's all.

True, but they can go very quickly as stated above.

Considering Inter's new ownership, it's not impossible. They would want someone good to start their revive.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Then again.. "Conte leaving sooner than thought".. No Chelsea manager has been there for more than 2-3 seasons since 15 years back.. So sooner than thought should be a shorter time horizon than that. Personally, i think he'll stay for AT LEAST 2-3 seasons.

Carb_Jr 7 years ago
Juventus 1 140

Offer him more money & he'll stay. I hope he doesn't leave, cos I really want to see him in the CL.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Well, seeing the season he is realizing with Chelsea, it seem very unlikely he will be sacked on his first year and I don't see him leave before trying to win the CL at least once or twice with Chelsea, so I would be tempted to agree with KTB. He should be there next season. Hopefully, other team will have find how to cancel his gameplan by then. Can't have Chelsea win the league all the time, would make the PL a bit boring. XD

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited

Antonio Conte will play hardball over his Chelsea future by insisting the club uses the summer transfer window to build him a squad capable of winning the Champions League as a condition of committing to a long-term contract.

The Italian will ask for investment in all areas of the team, and wants Champions League quality starters at centre-forward, in the centre of midfield and in the middle and right-hand side of his defence. With Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois angling for returns to Spanish football, the total cost could exceed £200m in transfer fees.

According to sources, Conte believes he is entitled to such support for establishing Chelsea as Premier League champions-elect in his first season at Stamford Bridge. This is particularly so as the club failed to provide him with any of the reinforcements he requested ahead of the current campaign.

He will also argue that a manager-led recruitment policy is essential to transferring the club’s domestic success to the Champions League’s significantly more demanding stage.

Chelsea secured Conte on a three-year contract before he took Italy to last summer’s European Championship. Though the club has yet to formally offer the 47-year-old an improved deal, journalists have been briefed that an extension will be announced at the end of this campaign.

While Conte expects his salary to be improved as one condition of agreeing a new contract, he has told friends that the construction of a squad capable of winning a first Champions League as a coach is more important. Contrary to reports in Italy, there are no issues about his personal circumstances in London.

Inter Milan are monitoring the situation with Conte encouraging interest from the Italian club and any other outfit capable of matching his desire for a proper platform with which to attack Europe’s premier club competition.

//http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/200m-to-keep-conte-at-chelsea-3t9slj388

• History
Antonio Conte will play hardball over his Chelsea future by insisting the club uses the summer transfer window to build him a squad capable of winning the Champions League as a condition of committing to a long-term contract.

The Italian will ask for investment in all areas of the team, and wants Champions League quality starters at centre-forward, in the centre of midfield and in the middle and right-hand side of his defence. With Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois angling for returns to Spanish football, the total cost could exceed £200m in transfer fees.

According to sources, Conte believes he is entitled to such support for establishing Chelsea as Premier League champions-elect in his first season at Stamford Bridge. This is particularly so as the club failed to provide him with any of the reinforcements he requested ahead of the current campaign.

He will also argue that a manager-led recruitment policy is essential to transferring the club’s domestic success to the Champions League’s significantly more demanding stage.

Chelsea secured Conte on a three-year contract before he took Italy to last summer’s European Championship. Though the club has yet to formally offer the 47-year-old an improved deal, journalists have been briefed that an extension will be announced at the end of this campaign.

While Conte expects his salary to be improved as one condition of agreeing a new contract, he has told friends that the construction of a squad capable of winning a first Champions League as a coach is more important. Contrary to reports in Italy, there are no issues about his personal circumstances in London.

Inter Milan are monitoring the situation with Conte encouraging interest from the Italian club and any other outfit capable of matching his desire for a proper platform with which to attack Europe’s premier club competition.

//http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/200m-to-keep-conte-at-chelsea-3t9slj388

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I would really love to see Morata if Costa leaves.
If Courtois go we will have a GK problem that we didnt had for years :/.

A world class player on the right would be the improvement we actually need. I have nothing against Willian or Moses but if we speak of a CL winner squad we can surely get a more lethal right wing .

If we had KDB Hazard Lukaku on the squad would be great but seems we kept only Hazard. I dont know 200M seem barely enough for 2 world class players nowadays. A striker to replace Costa would be more than 50M to be on the same level and someone to replace Courtois? Who? Donnaruma kissed Milan badge after the derby with Juventus. Cech is too old. I would only go for Oblak on a trade tranfer if they give us a small ammount extra.

The transfers will be very vital to our future. We got the youngsters but nobody can expect youngsters to appear world class out of sudden even if they are UCL winners like ours.

I hope Emmanelo doesnt fuck this one up for Conte. Let the man work he earned the trust of fans and board already in his 1st season. Even if they don't work out its not an easy job but you need to keep faith on your manager.

• History

A world class player on the right would be the improvement we actually need. I have nothing against Willian or Moses but if we speak of a CL winner squad we can surely get a more lether right wing to tag with hazard.

If we had KDB Hazard Lukaku on the squad would be great but seems we kept only Hazard. I dont know 200M seem barely enough for 2 world class players nowadays. A striker to replace Costa would be more than 50M to be on the same level and someone to replace Courtois? Who? Donnaruma kissed Milan badge after the derby with Juventus. Cech is too old. I would only go for Oblak on a trade tranfer if they give us a small ammount extra.

The transfers will be very vital to our future. We got the youngsters but nobody can expect youngsters to appear world class out of sudden even if they are UCL winners like ours.

I hope Emmanelo doesnt fuck this one up for Conte. Let the man work he earned the trust of fans and board already in his 1st season. Even if they don't work out its not an easy job but you need to keep faith on your manager.

amir_keal 7 years ago

JozeMourinho

Dybala seems more realistic than Morata. Conte went to watch Dybala vs Inter, and as soon as he was subbed out, Conte left the stadium. Plus, he was once unhappy about being subbed of, so you have that going. Plus, Dybala is younger.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Dybala is unrealistic, juve would never let such a talent go.

amir_keal 7 years ago

chelsea8

Dybala is unrealistic, juve would never let such a talent go.

I see it happening to be honest. Allegri and Dybala have already been in some disagreements. I didn't get this from any rumour, I am thinking myself it will happen.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I dont think Dybala will waste himself in BPL when he can fill Messi's shoes in the future at Barcelona.

Beeing used to have more 50-50 NOT against him calls from the ref, Barcelona is the perfect destination for him.

Unless they get relegated for all the scandals they have done I dont see Dybala going anywhere else.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Golefty + Gonzi

he can fill Messi's shoes

This is why I call Dybala flop.

JozeMourinho

I dont think Dybala will waste himself in BPL when he can fill Messi's shoes in the future at Barcelona.

I've said this to Golefty and Gonzi, but trust me, it's practically insulting to Messi if you compare him to Dybala. Dybala is so overrated, it's laughable. He can go to Barcelona, but he is not Messi's replacement.

Unless they get relegated for all the scandals they have done I dont see Dybala going anywhere else.

I do. If Barcelona know that he will never replace Messi's shoes, then they won't splash money on him. Also, Conte went to watch him directly, that's why I think he will go to Chelsea at some point of his career.