Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

coutinho-demanding for a regular start in brazil team
srk_rox 9 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

being a liverpool fan, he is my favourite player.. who also happens to be the best playmaker among his age groups...it would be disappointing to see him not getting picked in playing XI...future of LFC and brazil..opinion, guyz?

Comments
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Throwing few performances in comfort of EPL does not guarantee start in Brazil . He is great talent but not there yet .

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's hard to displace Oscar or Neymar from the lineup. He's a fine talent though, and can rotate with Oscar quite capably.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

^ Brazil Oscar is amazing. At the World Cup, he (and maybe Neymar) were the only bright sparks in their whole team. Coutinho would be fantastic if they had room for another CAM in their formation but Dunga won't do that just for Coutinho.

Plus, he faces competition from the likes of Bernard, Firmino etc.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bernard is not developing in Ukraine, and Firmino isn't being picked. Coutinho plays for a top club in England. He has the best chance of the three.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Like Dynastian said . Good for rotation but to replace Oscar as starter , not there yet . Oscar does not just offer attacking services . His defensive work rate box to box is just as impressive .

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Dunga visited Germany recently, and said Firmino has a good chance, but I agree with you about Bernard.

srk_rox 9 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

oscar is versatile and irreplaceable...coutinho is improving really fast.. his finishing will also better with time.two playmakers, then wat abt 3-4-2-1 formation??coz neymar is expected to be the lone striker as of now..both can fit in this(gerrard and coutinho played behind sterling in capital cup semi-finals against chelsea)looks like a gud formation too

Chelsea FC 157 4232

4-2-3-1 suits Brazil under Dunga

srk_rox 9 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

thought coutinho could provide the cutting edge...let's hope for the best:)

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

His time will come.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

He is amazing, and a great talent, but he isn't the best play maker for his age group (unless you mean exactly 22 years old, then yeah) but there's 23-24 year olds who are definitely better play makers. James, Eriksen, Isco, Hazard, Oscar are a better imo. But you're right, he should be given a chance in Brazil, he is a TOP class player, love watching the lad play!

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

It's been 2 years... How things have changed!!!
Oscar has left for China..
Haven't heard about Bernard since Eden mentioned in this thread.
Coutinho and Firmino are with Liverpool.. Coutinho is touted as the Iniesta replacement..
IMO, he ia a little overrated.. Just little.. I don't know how to quantify.. But it's certain he won't be sold cheap.. May be 60M pounds..
James was transfer for 80M pounds odd i guess, only to see benched.
Isco too, has become second preference.
Eriksen is still great as he used to be..
God, i can't stop loving this sport

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

James was only worth that much cause Real bought him. Also, from what I've heard Oscar will still be getting call-ups, so he's not gone yet.

srk_rox 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

@Sunflash. Yeah agreed.. Since then, Real haven't spent anything big. Nor overpaid.
Zidane says he is a big fan of Hazard and Pogba, didn't sign them as it calls for overpaying.

On Oscar.. But i wonder how he can improve. Players around him speaks a different language of football.. Who knows. The responsibility might bring the best out of him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash. Yeah agreed.. Since then, Real haven't spent anything big. Nor overpaid.
Zidane says he is a big fan of Hazard and Pogba, didn't sign them as it calls for overpaying.

<Oscar is not gone yet > But i wonder how he can improve. Players around him speaks a different language of football.. Who knows. The responsibility might bring the best out of him.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I personally prefer Coutinho to Oscar and the rest (although saying he's Iniesta's replacement is too overrated.

Bernard? No I dont think so.

Liverpool 5 542

@Tuan Exactly.. How can someone compare Iniesta and Coutinho?.. He isn't even near his level.. The only common thing being the similar playing style..
I am sure there won't be a single Liverpool fan comparing him to Iniesta, that would make things worse, paving way for transfer.
Comparison comes from Barca fans.. They look at their team sheet.. sees Iniesta getting aged.. Then Scouts around the world looking for proven talent with similar playing style.. calls him as the replacement..
That's why I said 'touted'..
He is only 24. An ideal long term investment for any club.. I would be happy if he fetches us 70M pounds.. Reality is we have become a feeder club for Barca and Real..

• History

@Tuan Exactly.. How can someone compare Iniesta and Coutinho?.. He isn't even near him.. The only common thing being the similar playing style..
I am sure there won't be a single Liverpool fan comparing him to Iniesta, that would make things worse, paving way for transferring.
Comparison comes from Barca fans.. They look at their team sheet.. sees Iniesta getting aged.. Then Scouts around the world looking for proven talent with similar playing style for replacement.. calls him as the replacement..
He is only 24. An ideal long term investment for any club.. I would be happy if he fetches us 70M pounds.. Reality is we have become a feeder club for Barca and Real..

@Tuan Exactly.. How can someone compare Iniesta and Coutinho?.. He isn't even near his level.. The only common thing being the similar playing style..
I am sure there won't be a single Liverpool fan comparing him to Iniesta, that would make things worse, paving way for transferring.
Comparison comes from Barca fans.. They look at their team sheet.. sees Iniesta getting aged.. Then Scouts around the world looking for proven talent with similar playing style.. calls him as the replacement..

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@srk_rox: yep!!!!

I would love to see him stays at Liverpool than feeding other giant-class-eater like Real, Barca or PSG... Stay at LIV and help them to win EPL PLZZZZ!!!

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Stay at LIV and help them to win EPL PLZZZZ!!!

I'm just going to back away slowly...

• History

Stay at LIV and help them to win EPL PLZZZZ!!!

I'm just going to back away slowly.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I mean he probably wants Liverpool to become good again. But then again, it' s weird seeing him want them to win the league.

And by the way, if Augusto and Paulinho are playing, I don't see why Coutinho and Oscar won't play

Liverpool 5 542

-

• History

@amir actually, i foresee even Liverpool winning the league, but not Arsenal. Claude is the one who cares for your team, not Wenger.. Get his back :P